MegaMatcher Accelerator technology is based on awards-winning fingerprint and iris recognition algorithms.
MINEX evaluations by NIST
- MINEX III evaluation was successfully passed in 2015. In 2023 Neurotechnology achieved first place in the fingerprint template matching category of the NIST MINEX III evaluation. Combined with the existing first position in the template generator interoperability category, Neurotechnology is the top vendor within the MINEX III evaluation overall. See our comments on MINEX III participation for more details about the results.
- MINEX Ongoing evaluation was successfully passed in 2014. The second place in the Ongoing MINEX ranking for fingerprint matching algorithms was achieved. MegaMatcher technology was recognized by the NIST as fully MINEX compliant. Read more.
- In 2020 MegaMatcher fingerprint recognition algorithm has shown the top result at the FVC-onGoing evaluation. The fingerprint extractor and matcher were ranked as the most accurate for both FV-STD-1.0 and FV-HARD-1.0 benchmarks. Our press release has more information.
- In 2019 MegaMatcher palm print matching algorithm has shown the top result at the FVC-onGoing evaluation. The algorithm was the most accurate overall and fastest among the five most accurate matchers. See our press release for more information.
PFT II and PFT III (Proprietary Fingerprint Template) Evaluations
- Different versions of Neurotechnology's fingerprint recognition algorithm were submitted to the NIST Proprietary Fingerprint Template Evaluation. The algorithm's template matching accuracy was among the best participants at the previous PFT II evaluation. Our latest submissions to the PFT II and the ongoing PFT III are in average the most accurate algorithms in all the tests. See our comments for more information.
FpVTE (Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluations) by NIST
- FpVTE 2012 – in 2015 NIST recognized Neurotechnology's fingerprint identification algorithm as one of the fastest and most accurate among the evaluation's participants. See our comments on FpVTE 2012 participation for more details about the results.
- FpVTE 2003 – one of the best reliability results in the Middle Scale Test were shown. Neurotechnology participated in FpVTE 2003 under the name Neurotechnologija. See the FpVTE 2003 web site for a detailed report of the evaluation results.
IREX evaluations by NIST
- IREX 10 – in 2023 Neurotechnology's iris recognition algorithm has been judged by NIST as the most accurate among the IREX 10 participants in the Rank 1 category. The submitted algorithm outperformed other contenders in both single-eye and two-eye assessments. Also, it showed top results for most performance metrics. See our comments on IREX 10 participation for more details.
- IREX IX – in 2018 Neurotechnology's iris recognition algorithm has been judged by the NIST as the second most accurate among the participants. The accelerated version of the algorithm was nearly 50 times faster than any other matcher in the NIST IREX IX evaluation. See our comments on IREX IX participation for more details.
- IREX IV – in 2013 Neurotechnology's iris recognition algorithm has been judged the by the NIST as one of the fastest and most accurate among the participants. See our comments on IREX IV participation for more details.
- IREX III – in 2012 MegaMatcher iris matching algorithm was the second fastest and provided 3 times higher recognition accuracy than the only faster contender. Read more.