MegaMatcher Accelerator Extended
MegaMatcher Accelerator 13.0 Extended is a family of biometric solutions for fast fingerprint, palmprint, iris and face matching on the server-side of an AFIS or multi-biometric system. The solutions are intended for national-scale biometric identification projects with millions of people enrolled in the database.
These biometric matching engines can be used with MegaMatcher Accelerator 13.0 Extended:
- Fast fingerprint, palmprint, iris and face matching engines that can be used separately or together. See technical specifications for engine comparison and licensing model for engine availability.
- Fingerprint, face, iris, palmprint and voiceprint matching engines that can be used separately or together to validate matching results produced by the fast fingerprint, face and/or iris engines. See MegaMatcher 13.0 SDK reliability tests for more information.
- MegaMatcher Accelerator software is distributed as Docker containers for using on Linux OS.
Server hardware is optionally available.
In this case the MegaMatcher Accelerator 13.0 Extended software will be pre-installed by Neurotechnology on each unit, and the customers will receive ready-to use hardware/software solution.
HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 server units are offered with these specifications:
- 2 x Intel Xeon Gold 6126 processor (12 cores, 19.25M cache, 2.6 GHz);
RAM size to store the specified number of templates for each biometric engine:
- Fingerprint engine:
- 128 GB RAM when small templates are used;
- 256 GB RAM when large templates are used.
- Face engine – 128 GB RAM;
- Iris engine – 128 GB RAM;
- Voiceprint engine – 128 GB RAM;
- Palm print engine – 256 GB RAM.
- Fingerprint engine:
- 6 x 300 GB HDD (SAS, 12G Enterprise 10K SFF) is offered as a standard option;
- SSD is recommended for increasing overall system performance.
- HPE iLO Advanced;
- HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10 (8 Internal Lanes_2GB Cache) 12G.
- Multiple MegaMatcher Accelerator 13.0 Extended units can be combined using the included cluster software to reach a higher level of performance.
A client communication module is included with MegaMatcher 13.0 Extended SDK. The module allows the sending of a task to MegaMatcher Accelerator, querying the status of the task, retrieving the results and then removing the task. A high-level API is provided for the developer, all low-level communications are hidden.