These release notes are relevant for the following products:
• MegaMatcher 4.0 Standard / Extended SDK
• VeriFinger 6.3 Standard / Extended SDK
• VeriLook 5.0 Standard / Extended SDK
• VeriEye 2.3 Standard / Extended SDK
See MegaMatcher 12 product line release notes for the newer versions.
List of releases:
- May 30, 2011 (Revision 72923)
- April 8, 2011 (Revision 70964)
- February 24, 2011 (Revision 69543)
- January 10, 2011 (Revision 67638)
May 30, 2011
Product revision: 72923
- U.are.U scanners are now supported under Linux.
- Fixed a bug in licensing.
- Fixed diagnostics in ActivationWizard for Trial SDK.
- sqlite3.dll dependency added for sqlite_drv.dll and sqlite_node_drv.dll
- Minor updates in documentation.
- NCore: NErrors.h renamed to NError.h
- new NObject operations: Clone, Equals, GetHashCode, ToString
- NType now derives from NObject
- Some type names were changed: NType (was NNativeType), NModule (was NNativeModule) and NModule (was NativePluginModule)
- NBiometricsStandards: ANField (ANRecord)
- NSmartCards: NSmartCardCommands, SimpleTlv and BerTlv units were split
- NImages: PngSaveImageToFile and LoadImageFromHBitmap fixed
April 8, 2011
Product revision: 70964
- Tutorials for Java programming language rewritten.
- Fixed bugs in Biometrics library tutorials.
Biometric capture devices support updated:
- AuthenTec EntrePad AES2501B Sensor fingerprint scanner now supported on Windows (32-bit and 64-bit).
- NITGEN fingerprint scanners now supported on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed bugs in NLicenseObtainComponents function.
- Quick Start rewritten.
- C API Reference Modules renamed to Units in the Developers Guide.
- Topics rearranged for a better documentation structure in the Developers Guide.
February 24, 2011
Product revision: 69543
- BIOCA-111, Virdi-F0H02SC and ZKS1000 fingerprint readers are now supported.
January 10, 2011
Product revision: 67638
The first release of MegaMatcher 4.0 SDK.
- MegaMatcher, VeriEye, VeriFinger and VeriLook SDKs merged into the single Neurotechnology Biometric SDK distribution.
- New VeriLook 5.0 facial identification algorithm: higher reliability than version 4.0, with a 20-50 % decrease in False Rejection Rate (FAR).
- New ABIS sample for C# programming language.
- New wrapper of Neurotechnology libraries for Java programming language (Java API).
- Changes in products licensing: new licenses, licenses obtain depending on component name (NLicenseObtainComponents function).
- New NDevices (Neurotec.Devices devices management library (NDeviceManager library in previous versions) provides cross-platform API on Windows, Linux and Mac for all supported devices: single flat, rolled and multi-finger scanners, palmprint scanners, iris scanners and cameras. All device modules were written from the scratch and both old and new device components were integrated into this library. Now NDevice library (NDevices.dll) can automatically plug into the system new devices, returns more error messages. Also user specified callbacks can be added to NDeviceManager.
- New NPlugin and NPluginManager modules included. These modules provides the plugins management framework for use in Neurotechnology components.
- All Extractors, Matchers and Templates merged into a single library (NBiometrics.dll and Neurotec.Biometrics.dll).
- Deprecated: NesMatcher, NfsMatcher and NlsMatcher modules. Now NMatcher should be used instead of these matchers.
- New NBiometricTypes module which defines biometric types used by Neurotechnology components.
- WSQ images support rewritten.
- NImages library internal structure improved.
- New fingerprints segmentation component (NFSegmenter) for VeriFinger 6.3: 20 times decrease of segmentation error rate with simultaneous 10 times increase of segmentation speed.