AuthenTec AF-S2 (FingerLoc)
AuthenTec AF S2 is a 250 ppi fingerprint sensor intended for integration into various embedded and PC platforms. The sensor has a serial interface connection.
Sensor's manufacturer specifies that AF S2 has rugged packaging and is scratch resistant, thus allowing to use it in harsh outdoor environments. Sensor's surface coating is hard enough to withstand impacts and long-time usage.
The sensor is no longer manufactured.
Support modules for this device are no longer included in the newer versions of Neurotechnology's biometric SDKs, including the newest MegaMatcher 13.0 SDK, MegaMatcher On Card 13.0 SDK and VeriFinger 13.0 SDK.
|Sensor Name||FingerLoc AF-S2|
|Supported OS (*)||Microsoft Windows (32 bit only)|
|Image capture area (Platen size)||13 x 13 mm (0.5" x 0.5")|
|Fingerprint image size||128 x 128 pixels|
|Sensor Size||24 x 24 x 3.5 mm (0.94" x 0.94" x 0.14")|
|Operating temperature||-20°C ~ +70°C|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.
Other AuthenTec sensors
Neurotechnology SDKs also include support modules for these AuthenTec sensors:
- AES2550 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor
- AES2660 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor
- AES2810 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor with on-chip hardware security module
- AES2501B – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor, no longer manufactured
- AES4000 – 250 ppi capacitive sensor for flat fingerprints