Law enforcement applications
Accelerate the pace of criminal investigations
With the help of the AI-based criminal identification solution from Neurotechnology, law enforcement officials are able to efficiently detect and prevent crime, as well as accelerate the pace of crime investigation.
MegaMatcher ABIS combines fingerprint, palmprint, face and iris recognition technologies in a full software package that speeds up searches in massive databases with millions of records, streamlining the investigation process.
- Forensic analysis module for law enforcement applications available.
- Galleries support providing different agencies with specific access to the system, e.g. separate galleries for civilians and criminals.
- Scalable, modular architecture with high availability and fault tolerance.
- The fast and accurate matching performs up to 1.2 billion comparisons per second on each node of the system.
References and case studies
The case studies and solution partner referenses are prepared using the information from our customers about their software based on our biometric technology. Each case study wording is approved by the corresponding customers:
Indian States Criminal AFIS is based on MegaMatcher technology.
Indian police departments required a tool for the investigation of criminal activity through the quick and accurate identification of latent fingerprints collected at crime scenes. SecureMantra Technologies has developed the Criminal AFPIS Enterprise Solution using VeriFinger, and then MegaMatcher multi-biometric identification engine with the first deployment in May 2002. Today, police departments in seven Indian states and the National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science of India are using the solution with more than a million criminal records in the databases.
Read the case study (PDF).
- Colombia's law enforcement and defense sector organizations use MegaMatcher-based solutions for eID issuing. Read more.
- Mexico's Yukatan State Police uses MegaMatcher-based latent fingerprint and criminal case management system. Read more.
Neurotechnology offers these biometric products for law enforcement applications:
Turnkey on-premise solution for national-scale multi-biometric identification projects.
Comprehensive solution in a single, streamlined package for civil and criminal applications.
Designed for development of large-scale single- or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face, voice or palmprint identification products.
Solution for large-scale AFIS or multi-biometric systems. Provides high-performance biometric template matching on server-side.
Fingerprint identification for stand-alone or client-server systems.
Persons or vehicles recognition and tracking for video surveillance systems.