Fingerprint identification for stand-alone or Web solutions
VeriFinger is a fingerprint identification technology designed for biometric systems developers and integrators. The technology assures system performance with fast, reliable fingerprint matching in 1-to-1 and 1-to-many modes.
Available as a software development kit that allows development of stand-alone and Web-based solutions on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android platforms.
The following licensing model is intended for end-user product developers. Integrators who want to develop and sell a VeriFinger-based development tool (with API, programming possibilities, programming samples, etc.), must obtain permission from Neurotechnology and sign a special VAR agreement.
An integrator should obtain either a VeriFinger 8.0 Standard SDK (EUR 339) or VeriFinger 8.0 Extended SDK (EUR 859) to develop a product based on VeriFinger technology. The SDK needs to be purchased just once and may be used by all the developers within the integrator's company.
VeriFinger SDKs include a number of components; each particular component has specific functionality. A license for an individual VeriFinger component is required for each computer or device that run the component.
Components are copy-protected – a license is required for a component to run. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional component licenses may be obtained by VeriFinger 8.0 SDK customers as required by their development process.
To deploy a product developed with VeriFinger 6.3 / 6.4 / 6.5 / 6.6 / 6.7 / 7.x / 8.0 SDK, an integrator need obtain only the additional licenses required for the particular VeriFinger 8.0 components that will run on each computer or device belonging to their customers. The available VeriFinger components and license types for product deployment are the same as for product development.
Each VeriFinger component running on a computer belonging to the integrator's customer requires a license. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Prices for VeriFinger 8.0 SDK and additional VeriFinger component licenses can be found here.
Please refer to the License Agreement for all licensing terms and conditions.
Single computer licenses
A single computer license allows the installation and running of a VeriFinger component installation on one computer or device. Neurotechnology provides a way to renew the license if the computer undergoes changes due to technical maintenance.
Each single computer license requires activation for a VeriFinger component to run. The available activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional single computer licenses for VeriFinger components may be obtained at any time by VeriFinger SDK customers.
License activation options
Single computer licenses are supplied in three ways:
Serial numbers are used to activate licenses for particular VeriFinger components.
The activation is done via the Internet or by email.
After activation the network connection is not required for single computer license usage.
- Activation by serial number is not suitable for iOS and ARM-Linux platforms.
- Activation by serial number is not suitable for virtual environments.
- Internet activation. A special license file is stored on a computer or a mobile/embedded device; the license file allows to run particular VeriFinger components on that computer or device after checking the license over the Internet. Internet connection should be available periodically for a short amount of time. A single computer license can be transferred to another computer or device by moving the license file there and waiting until the previous activation expires.
- Licenses may be stored in a volume license manager dongle. License activation using volume license manager may be performed without connection to the Internet and is suitable for virtual environments.
Volume license manager
Volume license manager is used on site by integrators or end users to manage licenses for VeriFinger components. It consists of license management software and a dongle, used to store the purchased licenses. An integrator or an end-user may use the volume license manager in the following ways:
- Activating single computer licenses – An installation license for a VeriFinger component will be activated for use on a particular computer. The number of available licenses in the license manager will be decreased by the number of activated licenses.
- Managing single computer licenses via a LAN or the Internet – The license manager allows the management of installation licenses for VeriFinger components across multiple computers or mobile/embedded devices in a LAN or over the Internet. The number of managed licenses is limited by the number of licenses in the license manager. No license activation is required and the license quantity is not decreased. Once issued, the license is assigned to a specific computer or device on the network.
- Using license manager as a dongle – A volume license manager containing at least one license for a VeriFinger component may be used as a dongle, allowing the VeriFinger component to run on the particular computer where the dongle is attached.
Additional VeriFinger component licenses for the license manager may be purchased at any time. Neurotechnology will generate an update code and send it to you. Simply enter the code into the license manager to add the purchased licenses.
The VeriFinger enterprise license allows an unlimited use of VeriFinger components in end-user products for a specific territory, market segment or project. Specific restrictions would be included in the licensing agreement.
The enterprise license price depends on the application size and the number of potential users of the application within the designated territory, market segment or project.
For more information please contact us.
Licensing old VeriFinger versions – 4.2 / 5.0 / 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2
Existing VeriFinger customers may also use the license management options provided for their version of VeriFinger SDK: