Solution for large-scale AFIS or multi-biometric systems
MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 is a hardware/software solution that provides high speed, high volume biometric identification for national-scale projects.
The Extended version is designed to run on server hardware and perform fast biometric template matching on the server-side of a large-scale AFIS or multi-modal system. The Standard version and Development Edition are designed to be run on a common PC. MegaMatcher Accelerator software licenses are available for new and existing MegaMatcher Extended SDK customers.
Features and Capabilities
- Proven in national-scale projects, including voter registration and national ID.
- Available as a ready-to-use biometric solution with server hardware
or as biometric software that will run on server hardware or a common PC.
- Up to 200,000,000 irises or 100,000,000 fingerprints or 100,000,000 faces per second matching speed on a single unit.
- Fingerprint, iris, face and voice modalities supported.
- Scalable cluster architecture.
- Support for ISO & ANSI fingerprint template standards.
- Suitable for duplicates search.
MegaMatcher Accelerator is availalble in these editions:
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Extended is designed to run on server hardware with dual Xeon processors and 128 GB of RAM. This version is shipped as an installation CD image that includes Linux OS and fast multi-biometric identification software. Optionally, a ready-to-use solution with server hardware and pre-installed MegaMatcher Accelerator software can be provided.
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Standard is designed to run on a PC with Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM. This version is shipped as an installation CD image that includes Linux OS and fast multi-biometric identification software.
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Development Edition software is designed to run on a PC with Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM. This version does not include any hardware and is available with the MegaMatcher 9.0 Extended SDK.
MegaMatcher Accelerator software provides these capabilities for biometric identification:
- Fast matching. A PC with MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Standard software can match up to 35 million fingerprints per second or up to 70 million irises per second or up to 35 million faces per second in 1-to-many mode. A single MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Extended unit can match up to 100 million fingerprints per second or up to 200 million irises or up to 100 million faces per second per second in 1-to-many mode using the Neurotechnology proprietary biometric template format.
- Multiple modalities support. MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 can be used within a biometric system that contains templates with any number of fingerprint, iris, face and/or voiceprint records.
- Full database search. The biometric engines included in MegaMatcher Accelerator do not perform internal database indexing or pre-classification (by fingerprint type, eye color etc) thus avoiding false rejections when incorrect classifiers appear. This way the whole database is scanned comprehensively during every matching request and very low false rejection ensured. On the other hand, integrators may use non-biometric classifiers like gender or a country's region to optimize system size.
- Optimal system size. A system based on the MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 solution can be configured to perform fast candidate selection using irises and/or faces and/or several fingerprints, and then use other biometric modalities to validate selection results. This approach allows the system to reach optimal matching speed and reliability while keeping the overall system cost within the defined limits.
- ISO & ANSI standards support. MegaMatcher Accelerator allows the use of ANSI and ISO biometric standards for fingerprint templates.
- Scalable architecture. Multiple MegaMatcher Accelerator units can be combined together in a cluster for higher matching speed. For example, a cluster of 5 MegaMatcher Accelerator 9.0 Extended units would enable matching at a rate of about 135 million templates per second (when a template contains 4 fingerprint records), a cluster of 10 units – about 270 million templates per second, and so on. No additional cluster software is required, as MegaMatcher Accelerator includes all the necessary software. The customer only needs to assign one MegaMatcher Accelerator unit as a primary unit in a cluster.
- Suitable for duplicates search. Searching for duplicates in a biometric template database is a task that requires many computations, as each biometric template needs to be verified with every other template in the database. MegaMatcher Accelerator provides enough speed to complete duplicate searching in a reasonable time. Scalable architecture allows the combination of several MegaMatcher Accelerator units for tasks involving larger databases.