Fingerprint identification for PC and Web solutions
VeriFinger is a fingerprint identification technology intended for biometric systems developers and integrators.
The technology assures system performance with fast, reliable fingerprint matching in 1-to-1 and 1-to-many modes.
VeriFinger is available as a software development kit that allows development of PC- and Web-based solutions on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
Download VeriFinger SDK brochure (PDF)
Complete information, including technical specifications, licensing and prices.
The 21-page brochure can be printed on both Letter and A4 paper.
File size: 1.9 Megabytes. Updated on: March 28, 2013.
Advantages of VeriFinger
- 1500+ end-user product brands in 100+ countries used the VeriFinger algorithm over the past 15 years.
- Full NIST MINEX compliance and Fingerprint Verification Competition (FVC) awards since 2000.
- Fast rolled and flat fingerprint matching that is tolerant to fingerprint translation, rotation and deformation.
- Compact fingerprint template and unlimited database size.
- Available as multiplatform SDK that supports multiple scanners and multiple programming languages.
- Reasonable prices, flexible licensing and free customer support.
Technology and SDK
VeriFinger algorithm features and capabilities.
VeriFinger is a NIST MINEX compliant algorithm that is capable of performing rolled and flat fingerprint matching.
The algorithm is tolerant to fingerprint translation, rotation and deformation, and includes image quality determination.
VeriFinger Standard and Extended SDK.
The Standard SDK is intended for PC-based biometric application development and the Extended SDK is suitable for developing Web-based biometric systems.
Supported fingerprint scanners.
More than 90 scanner models are supported by VeriFinger SDK under Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
Components of VeriFinger SDK can be run on computers with x86 compatible processors (at least 2 GHz processor recommended).
Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms are supported.
VeriFinger matches 20,000 - 60,000 fingerprints per second (using database pre-sorting), requires from 250 to 6,000 bytes for a fingerprint template in a database.
Reliability and Performance Test Results.
VeriFinger has been tested with fingerprints taken from different scanners and showed high matching reliability (see ROC charts).
VeriFinger brochure, algorithm demo application and VeriFinger 30-day SDK Trial are available for downloading.
VeriFinger has been awarded for its reliability and performance at FVC2006 and FpVTE 2003 biometric algorithm competitions.
Also VeriFinger was recognized by NIST as MINEX compliant, and has consistently shown one of the best results at FVC2004, FVC2002 and FVC2000.
VeriFinger is used in more than 1500 end-user product brands.
The case studies and Solution Partner products as well as scientific papers based on VeriFinger technology are available.
Licensing, prices and ordering
To develop a VeriFinger-based product, an integrator should obtain VeriFinger 6.6 Standard SDK or Extended SDK.
A license for a VeriFinger component is required for each PC or each server CPU that runs this component.
Single computer licenses, concurrent network licenses and enterprise licenses are available.
VeriFinger Standard SDK costs € 339, the Extended SDK is € 859.
Prices for additional component installation licenses depend on type and quantity.
allows to determine the cost of ordered products and their shipping charges.
Open pricing calculator
credit cards, PayPal and bank transfers are acceptable.
Order VeriFinger SDK online
VeriFinger related products
VeriFinger Embedded SDK – a product for fingerprint recognition on Android smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
Produces fingerprint templates that are the same as in VeriFinger SDK, thus can be also used for developing biometric client-side mobile applications for systems with server-side based on VeriFinger Extended SDK.
- MegaMatcher SDK – intended for development of AFIS or multi-biometric fingerprint, face, iris, voice and palm print identification products.
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 5.0 – a solution for building the server-side of a large-scale AFIS; available in Standard and Extended versions; a single MegaMatcher Accelerator Standard matches 35 million fingerprints per second and the Extended matches 100 million fingerprints per second.
- MegaMatcher On Card SDK – a product for fingerprint, iris and face matching on smart cards.
- Free Fingerprint Verification SDK – a freeware SDK intended for adding fingerprint verification functionality into various applications.
AFIS or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face and voice identification for large-scale systems.
Face identification for PC or Web solutions.
Fingerprint identification for PC and Web solutions.
Iris identification for PC and Web solutions.
Speaker recognition for PC or Web applications.
Object recognition for robotics and computer vision.
More products for developers:
- NCheck Finger Attendance – an attendance control application that uses fingerprint biometrics to perform employee identification.
- NVeiler Video Filter – a plug-in for VirtualDub that automatically detects faces in a frame, tracks the faces (or other objects) in subsequent frames and hides them.
- NPointer – a freeware application for gesture based computer control that captures hand movements with a webcam.