Large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric identification
MegaMatcher technology is designed for large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric systems developers.
The technology ensures high reliability and speed of biometric identification even when using large databases.
MegaMatcher is available as a software development kit that allows development of large-scale single- or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face, voice or palm print identification products for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android platforms.
Download MegaMatcher SDK brochure (PDF)
Complete information, including all technical specifications, licensing and prices.
The 64-page brochure can be printed on both Letter and A4 paper.
File size: 2.8 Megabytes. Updated on: July 30, 2013.
Advantages of MegaMatcher
- Proven in national-scale projects, including passport issuance and voter deduplication.
- NIST MINEX-compliant fingerprint engine,
NIST IREX proven iris engine.
- 200,000,000 irises or 100,000,000 fingerprints or faces per second can be matched with MegaMatcher Accelerator.
- Fingerprints, irises and faces can be matched on smart cards using MegaMatcher On Card.
- Includes fingerprint, iris, face, voice and palm print modalities.
- Rolled, flat and latent fingerprint matching.
- BioAPI 2.0 and other ANSI and ISO biometric standards support.
- Multiplatform, scalable cluster architecture for parallel matching.
- Effective price/performance ratio, flexible licensing and free customer support.
Bangladesh Voter Registration Project registered more than 80 million citizens using biometric face and fingerprint technology.
Read the case study (PDF) or press release.
Indonesia distributed passport issuance system with a centralized biometric matching component based on MegaMatcher technology.
Read case study (PDF) or press release.
El Salvador's National Passport System – the nationwide multi-biometric passport and immigration system based on MegaMatcher multi-biometric technology.
Read the case study (PDF).
Additional case studies and Solution Partner references are available.
Technology and SDK
Requirements for large-scale biometric systems.
Large-scale automatic biometric identification systems have a number of special requirements that are different from those of small- or medium-scale biometric systems.
These requirements include system reliability, productivity, scalability, etc.
MegaMatcher algorithm features and capabilities.
MegaMatcher includes fingerprint, facial, iris, speaker and palm print recognition engines and allows to use the fused fingerprint-face-voice-iris algorithm for fast and reliable identification in large-scale systems.
The fingerprint engine is NIST MINEX compliant and is capable of matching rolled and flat fingerprints between themselves.
The face engine includes live face detection and processes multiple faces in live video streams.
MegaMatcher SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator in high productivity biometric systems.
MegaMatcher SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator include cluster software that allows the scaling of an AFIS or multi-biometric system to reach the required response time, database capacity and system robustness.
MegaMatcher Standard and Extended SDK.
The Standard SDK is designed for development of client/server-based multi-biometric fingerprint, face, voice, iris and palmprint identification products.
The Extended SDK is designed for developing large-scale cluster-based AFIS or multi-biometric identification products.
Fingerprint scanner support.
More than 100 fingerprint scanners models are supported by MegaMatcher SDK on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Android.
Face capture camera support.
A number of face capture cameras and web cams are supported by MegaMatcher SDK.
Iris scanner support.
A number of iris capture cameras and multi-modal face-iris devices are supported by MegaMatcher SDK.
Recommendations and constraints for face recognition.
The MegaMatcher facial recognition engine has certain requirements for the images, produced by cameras, including lighting conditions, face posture and expression.
Recommendations and constraints for speaker recognition.
The MegaMatcher speaker recognition engine has certain requirements for the microphones, including their settings and position, as well as user behavior and environment.
System requirements and supported development environments.
Components of MegaMatcher SDK can be run on computers with x86 32- and 64-bit processors (at least 2 GHz processor recommended).
Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms are supported.
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and Oracle are supported.
Client-side components may be also used on Android devices.
The MegaMatcher fingerprint engine is able to match up to 144,000 fingerprints per second, 840,000 faces per second or 880,000 irises per second on a single PC; several PCs can be connected together to form a cluster for higher performance.
Reliability and performance testing results.
MegaMatcher provides high identification reliability using either fingerprint, face or iris matching engines.
Using fused single- or multi-biometric identification allows MegaMatcher to reach almost 0 % FRR.
In 2007 MegaMatcher 2.0 fingerprint technology was recognized by NIST as fully MINEX compliant.
The recognition allowed to use MegaMatcher in personal identity verification program (PIV) applications.
MegaMatcher brochure, fingerprint, face and iris algorithm demo applications and MegaMatcher 30-day SDK Trial are available for downloading.
Licensing, prices and ordering
To develop a MegaMatcher-based product, an integrator should obtain MegaMatcher 4.5 Standard SDK or Extended SDK.
A license for a MegaMatcher component is required for each PC, each device or each server CPU that runs this component.
Single computer licenses, concurrent network licenses and enterprise licenses are available.
MegaMatcher Standard SDK costs € 2,590, the Extended SDK is € 4,990.
Prices for additional component installation licenses depend on type and quantity.
allows to determine the cost of ordered products and their shipping charges.
Open pricing calculator
credit cards, PayPal and bank transfers are acceptable.
Order MegaMatcher SDK online
MegaMatcher related products
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 6.0 – a software/hardware solution for building the server-side of a large-scale AFIS or multi-biometric system; available in Standard and Extended versions; a single MegaMatcher Accelerator Standard matches 35 million fingerprints per second or 70 million irises per second or 35 million faces per second, and the Extended matches 100 million fingerprints per second or 200 million irises per second or 100 million faces per second.
- MegaMatcher On Card SDK – a product for fingerprint, iris and face matching on smart cards.
Single biometrics SDKs for stand-alone and Web-based solutions:
AFIS or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face and voice identification for large-scale systems.
Face identification for PC, mobile and Web solutions.
Fingerprint identification for PC, mobile and Web solutions.
Iris identification for PC, mobile and Web solutions.
Speaker recognition for PC, mobile and Web applications.
Object recognition for robotics and computer vision.
More products for developers:
- NCheck Bio Attendance – an attendance control application that uses fingerprint or face biometrics to perform employee identification.
- NVeiler Video Filter – a plug-in for VirtualDub that automatically detects faces in a frame, tracks the faces (or other objects) in subsequent frames and hides them.
- NPointer – a freeware application for gesture- and voice-based computer control that captures hand movements with a webcam and accepts voice commands.