Large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric identification
MegaMatcher is designed for large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric systems developers. The technology ensures high reliability and speed of biometric identification even when using large databases.
Available as a software development kit that allows development of large-scale single- or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face, voice or palm print identification products for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android platforms.
For MegaMatcher Accelerator, please
see Licensing MegaMatcher Accelerator.
The following licensing model is intended for end-user product developers. Integrators who want to develop and sell a MegaMatcher-based development tool (with API, programming possibilities, programming samples, etc.), must obtain permission from Neurotechnology and sign a special VAR agreement.
An integrator should obtain either a MegaMatcher 6.0 Standard SDK (EUR 2,590) or MegaMatcher 6.0 Extended SDK (EUR 4,990) to develop a product based on MegaMatcher technology. The SDK needs to be purchased just once and may be used by all the developers within the integrator's company.
MegaMatcher SDKs include a number of components; each particular component has specific functionality. A license for an individual MegaMatcher component is required for each computer or device that run the component.
(1) Fingerprint Client component includes Fingerprint Extractor, Fingerprint Segmenter, Fingerprint BSS and Fingerprint WSQ components, which can be also obtained separately.
(2) Face Client component includes Face Extractor, Face Token Image and Face BSS components, which can be also obtained separately.
(3) Voice Client component includes Voice Extractor component, which can be also obtained separately.
(4) Iris Client component includes Iris Extractor and Iris BSS components, which can be also obtained separately.
Components are copy-protected – a license is required for a component to run. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional component licenses may be obtained by MegaMatcher 6.0 SDK customers as required by their development process.
To deploy a product developed with MegaMatcher 6.0 SDK, an integrator need obtain only the additional licenses required for the particular MegaMatcher 6.0 components that will run on each computer or device belonging to their customers. The available MegaMatcher components and license types for product deployment are the same as for product development.
Each MegaMatcher component running on a computer belonging to the integrator's customer requires a license. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Prices for MegaMatcher 6.0 SDK and additional MegaMatcher component licenses can be found here.
The Licensing Agreement contains all licensing terms and conditions.
Note that you unambiguously accept this agreement by placing an order using Neurotechnology online ordering service or by email or other means of communications. Please read the agreement before making an order.
Single computer licenses
A single computer license allows the installation and running of a MegaMatcher component installation on one computer or device. Neurotechnology provides a way to renew the license if the computer undergoes changes due to technical maintenance.
Each single computer license requires activation for a MegaMatcher component to run. The available activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional single computer licenses for MegaMatcher components may be obtained at any time by MegaMatcher SDK customers.
License activation options
Single computer licenses are supplied in three ways:
Serial numbers are used to activate licenses for particular MegaMatcher components.
The activation is done via the Internet or by email.
After activation the network connection is not required for single computer license usage.
- Activation by serial number is not suitable for iOS and ARM-Linux platforms.
- Activation by serial number is not suitable for virtual environments.
- Internet activation. A special license file is stored on a computer or a mobile/embedded device; the license file allows to run particular MegaMatcher components on that computer or device after checking the license over the Internet. Internet connection should be available periodically for a short amount of time. A single computer license can be transferred to another computer or device by moving the license file there and waiting until the previous activation expires.
- Licenses may be stored in a volume license manager dongle. License activation using volume license manager may be performed without connection to the Internet and is suitable for virtual environments.
Volume license manager
Volume license manager is used on site by integrators or end users to manage licenses for MegaMatcher components. It consists of license management software and a dongle, used to store the purchased licenses. An integrator or an end-user may use the volume license manager in the following ways:
- Activating single computer licenses – An installation license for a MegaMatcher component will be activated for use on a particular computer. The number of available licenses in the license manager will be decreased by the number of activated licenses.
- Managing single computer licenses via a LAN or the Internet – The license manager allows the management of installation licenses for MegaMatcher components across multiple computers or mobile/embedded devices in a LAN or over the Internet. The number of managed licenses is limited by the number of licenses in the license manager. No license activation is required and the license quantity is not decreased. Once issued, the license is assigned to a specific computer or device on the network.
- Using license manager as a dongle – A volume license manager containing at least one license for a MegaMatcher component may be used as a dongle, allowing the MegaMatcher component to run on the particular computer where the dongle is attached.
Additional MegaMatcher component licenses for the license manager may be purchased at any time. Neurotechnology will generate an update code and send it to you. Simply enter the code into the license manager to add the purchased licenses.
Disaster recovery licenses
Disaster recovery licenses for MegaMatcher server-side components are intended for using in disaster recovery centers (DRC). A DRC is a location which has the same equipment as the primary site, completely mirrors the data environment of the primary site and is on standby while the primary site is working. If the primary site fails, the DRC takes over operations.
Licenses for these MegaMatcher server-side components are available for disaster recovery centers with 40 % discount:
- Fast Fingerprint Matcher, Fast Fingerprint Extractor, Fast Fingerprint Segmenter;
- Fast Face Matcher, Fast Face Extractor, Fast Face Token Image;
- Fast Iris Matcher, Fast Iris Extractor;
- Fast Voice Extractor.
For more information please contact us.
The MegaMatcher enterprise license allows an unlimited use of MegaMatcher components in end-user products for a specific territory, market segment or project. Specific restrictions would be included in the licensing agreement.
The enterprise license price depends on the application size and the number of potential users of the application within the designated territory, market segment or project.
For more information please contact us.
Licensing old MegaMatcher versions – 3.0 / 3.1
Existing MegaMatcher customers may also use the license management options provided for their version of MegaMatcher SDK. See MegaMatcher 3.0 / 3.1 SDK license management reference for more information.