VeriFinger SDK System Requirements
Complete information, including technical specifications, licensing and prices.
The 21-page brochure can be printed on both Letter and A4 paper.
March 28, 2013.
PC or Mac with x86 (32-bit) or x86-64 (64-bit) compatible processors.
2GHz or better processor is recommended.
At least 128 MB of free RAM should be available for the application.
Additional RAM is required for applications that perform 1-to-many identification, as all biometric templates need to be stored in RAM for matching.
For example, 25,000 templates (each with 2 fingerprints inside) require about 50 MB of additional RAM.
Free space on hard disk drive (HDD):
- at least 1 GB required for the development.
- 100 MB required for VeriFinger components deployment.
Additional space would be required in these cases:
VeriFinger does not require the original fingerprint image to be stored for the matching; only the templates need to be stored.
However, storing fingerprint images on hard drive for the potential future usage is recommended.
Usually a database engine runs on a separate computer (back-end server).
However, DB engine can be installed on the same computer for standalone applications.
In this case HDD space for templates storage must be available.
For example, 25,000 templates (each with 2 fingerprints inside) stored using a relational database would require about 60 MB of free HDD space.
Also, the database engine itself requires HDD space for running.
Please refer to HDD space requirements from the database engine providers.
VeriFinger SDK includes support modules for more than 80 fingerprint scanners under Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
Integrators can also write plug-ins to support their fingerprint readers using the plug-in framework provided with the Device Manager from the VeriFinger SDK.
Database engine or connection with it.
VeriFinger templates can be saved into any DB (including files) supporting binary data saving.
VeriFinger Extended SDK contains the following support modules for Matching Server:
- Microsoft SQL Server (only for Microsoft Windows platform);
- PostgreSQL (for Microsoft Windows and Linux platform);
- MySQL (for Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms);
- Oracle (for Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms);
- SQLite (for all platforms).
Network/LAN connection (TCP/IP) for client/server applications.
Also, network connection is required for using Matching server component (included in VeriFinger Extended SDK).
Communication with Matching server is not encrypted therefore, if communication must be secured, a dedicated network (not accessible outside the system) or a secured network (such as VPN; VPN must be configured using operating system or third party tools) is recommended.
Microsoft Windows specific requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / Server 2003 / Server 2008, 32-bit or 64-bit.
If a fingerprint scanner is required, note that a number of scanners are supported only on 32-bit OS.
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 or newer (for .NET components usage).
One of following development environments for application development:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 or newer (for application development under C/C++, C#, Visual Basic .Net)
- Sun Java 1.5 SDK or later
- Delphi 7
Linux specific requirements:
Linux 2.6 or newer kernel, 32-bit or 64-bit.
32-bit platform are recommended for applications with fingerprint scanners, as most scanners have only 32-bit support modules.
- glibc 2.7 or newer
- GTK+ 2.10.x or newer libs and dev packages (to run SDK samples and applications based on them)
- GCC-4.0.x or newer (for application development)
- GNU Make 3.81 or newer (for application development)
- Sun Java 1.5 SDK or later (for application development with Java)
- pkg-config-0.21 or newer (optional; only for Matching Server database support modules compilation)
Mac OS X specific requirements:
- Mac OS X (version 10.7 or newer)
- XCode 4.3 or newer (for application development)
Go to VeriFinger contents
AFIS or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face and voice identification for large-scale systems.
Face identification for PC or Web solutions.
Fingerprint identification for PC and Web solutions.
Iris identification for PC and Web solutions.
Speaker recognition for PC or Web applications.
Object recognition for robotics and computer vision.
More products for developers:
- NCheck Finger Attendance – an attendance control application that uses fingerprint biometrics to perform employee identification.
- NVeiler Video Filter – a plug-in for VirtualDub that automatically detects faces in a frame, tracks the faces (or other objects) in subsequent frames and hides them.
- NPointer – a freeware application for gesture based computer control that captures hand movements with a webcam.