The TazPad from TazTag Inc. is an Android tablet with embedded fingerprint sensor. The tablet also has two built-in cameras, which are suitable for face capture, and microphone for voiceprint capture.
The tablet is based on Cortex A9 dual-core processor with 1.2 GHz clock-rate, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB flash memory and 7 inch capacitive multi-touch screen. The device supports GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSPA mobile networking standards; WiFi, Bluetooth and ZigBee wireless networking.
TazPad can also read from and write to NFC tags and contactless smart cards. The supported standards are ISO/IEC 18092, ISO 14443 A and B, ISO 15693, MIFARE.
Neurotechnology SDKs allow to use the device for fingerprint, face and voiceprint capture. Support modules for this scanner are included in these versions of Neurotechnology SDKs:
- MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK – fingerprint, face and voice capture.
- VeriFinger 9.0 SDK – fingerprint capture.
- VeriLook 9.0 SDK – face capture.
- VeriSpeak 9.0 SDK – voice capture.
|Connection||USB 1.1 host, USB 2.0 OTG|
|Supported OS (*)||Android|
|Device size||220 x 120 x 14 mm (8.8" x 4.8" x 0.5")|
|Image capture area (Platen size)||13 x 18 mm (0.5" x 0.7")|
|Fingerprint image size||256 x 360 pixels|
|Face capture cameras|
|Front-facing camera resolution||1.3 Megapixel|
|Rear-facing camera resolution||5.0 Megapixel|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.