MegaMatcher On Card SDK
Smart card multi-biometrics
MegaMatcher On Card SDK offers matching-on-card technology that stores a person's fingerprint, iris and face templates on a smart card and performs template matching in a microprocessor embedded in the card, instead of matching biometric information on a PC processor.
The match-on-card method ensures that personal biometric information does not transfer to an external computer as it would in a more basic template-on-card system.
MegaMatcher On Card SDK is developed utilizing a set of ISO/IEC standards to enable interoperability with and easy integration into existing smart card and/or biometric systems.
The following licensing model is intended for end-user product developers. Integrators who want to develop and sell a MegaMatcher On Card based development tool (with API, programming possibilities, programming samples, etc.), must obtain permission from Neurotechnology and sign a special VAR agreement.
An integrator should obtain a MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 SDK (EUR 439) to develop a product based on MegaMatcher On Card technology. The SDK needs to be purchased just once and may be used by all the developers within the integrator's company.
MegaMatcher On Card SDK includes components for biometric template extraction on PC-side and smart cards with preinstalled fingerprint, face and iris template matching engines. A license for an individual MegaMatcher On Card component is required for each computer that runs the component.
These components are included with MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 SDK:
- PC-side components and licenses:
Smart card-side components:
- 2 smart cards with MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 fingerprint matching engine.
- 1 smart card with MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 multi-modal fingerprint, face and iris matching engine.
The PC-side components are copy-protected – a license is required for a component to run. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional PC-side component licenses may be obtained by MegaMatcher On Card SDK customers as required by their development process.
Additional cards with installed fingerprint, iris and/or face matching component for the product development may be obtained at any time, according to stock and availability of suppliers.
To deploy a product developed with MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 SDK, an integrator need obtain only the additional smart cards with fingerprint, iris and/or face matching engines and the licenses required for the particular MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 SDK components that will run on each computer belonging to their customers. The available MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 SDK components and license types for product deployment are the same as for product development.
Each MegaMatcher On Card component running on a computer belonging to the integrator's customer requires a license. License activation options are listed below on this page.
Prices for the additional MegaMatcher On Card extractor component licenses can be found here.
Additional cards with installed fingerprint, iris and/or face matching component for the product deployment can be obtained at any time, according to stock and availability of suppliers.
The Licensing Agreement contains all licensing terms and conditions.
Note that you unambiguously accept this agreement by placing an order using Neurotechnology online ordering service or by email or other means of communications. Please read the agreement before making an order.
For large projects that include more than 100,000 card licenses, MegaMatcher On Card 3.5 matching components are available with different forms of licensing. Please contact us for more information.
Single computer licenses
A single computer license allows the installation and running of a MegaMatcher On Card Fingerprint Extractor, MegaMatcher On Card Iris Extractor or MegaMatcher On Card Face Extractor component installation on one computer. Neurotechnology provides a way to renew the license if the computer undergoes changes due to technical maintenance.
Each single computer license requires activation for a MegaMatcher On Card component to run. The available activation options are listed below on this page.
Additional single computer licenses for MegaMatcher On Card components may be obtained at any time by MegaMatcher On Card SDK customers.
License activation options
Single computer licenses are supplied in two ways:
Serial numbers are used to activate licenses for particular MegaMatcher On Card PC-side components.
The activation is done via the Internet or by email.
After activation the network connection is not required for single computer license usage.
Note: activation by serial number is not suitable for virtual environments.
- Licenses may be stored in a volume license manager dongle. License activation using volume license manager may be performed without connection to the Internet and is suitable for virtual environments.
Volume license manager
Volume license manager is used on site by integrators or end users to manage licenses for MegaMatcher On Card PC-side components. It consists of license management software and a dongle, used to store the purchased licenses. An integrator or an end-user may use the volume license manager in the following ways:
- Activating single computer licenses – An installation license for a MegaMatcher On Card component will be activated for use on a particular computer. The number of available licenses in the license manager will be decreased by the number of activated licenses.
- Managing single computer licenses via a LAN or the Internet – The license manager allows the management of installation licenses for MegaMatcher On Card PC-side components across multiple computers in a LAN or over the Internet. The number of managed licenses is limited by the number of licenses in the license manager. No license activation is required and the license quantity is not decreased. Once issued, the license is assigned to a specific computer on the network.
- Using license manager as a dongle – A volume license manager containing at least one license for a MegaMatcher On Card PC-side component may be used as a dongle, allowing the MegaMatcher On Card component to run on the particular computer where the dongle is attached.
Additional MegaMatcher On Card PC-side component licenses for the license manager may be purchased at any time. Neurotechnology will generate an update code and send it to you. Simply enter the code into the license manager to add the purchased licenses.