Licensing VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2
Note: this document is intended only for existing customers of VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 SDK. Information about licensing VeriEye 12.3 SDK is available here.
Integrators can develop only an end-user product using VeriEye SDK and sell/install the product to their own customers. If the integrator wants to develop and sell a VeriEye based development tool (with API, programming possibilities, programming samples, etc.), he/she will need a permission from Neurotechnology and shall sign a special VAR agreement.
To deploy the product that was developed with VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 SDK, the integrator should obtain only additional VeriEye component licenses for product installations. Also the additional VeriEye component licenses may be required during development of the product. The additional VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 component licenses can be obtained by VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 SDK customers at any time.
VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 components are:
- VeriEye Matcher
- VeriEye Extractor
A license for a VeriEye component is required for each PC or each server CPU that runs this component. The following license types are available:
Prices for additional VeriEye 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 component licenses for the existing VeriLook 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 customers are available here after providing a valid SDK Reference ID.
Please also refer to VeriEye 2.2 SDK Software License Agreement for all licensing terms and conditions.
Single computer license
A single computer license allows to install and run a VeriEye component installation on a single Personal Computer or on one Server CPU. The component license will not be lost if computer will be reinstalled.
The following license management options are available:
- license activation online by communicating with Neurotechnology's server;
- license activation by email;
- license activation using volume license manager;
- license management using volume license manager on LAN or Internet.
Single computer license activated over Internet or by email is not suitable for virtual environments. Volume license manager used as a dongle or license management over network would be required.
Volume license manager
Volume license manager is used on site by integrators or end users to manage obtained licenses for VeriEye components. It consists of license management software and a dongle, which are used to store the number of obtained licenses. An integrator or an end-user can use the volume license manager in the following ways:
- Activating the single computer licenses. An installation license for a VeriEye component will be activated for using on a particular computer. The license quantity for the VeriEye component in the license manager will be decreased by the amount of activated licenses.
- Managing the single computer licenses on LAN or Internet. The license manager allows to manage installation licenses for VeriEye components across the computers on LAN or Internet. The number of managed licenses for a VeriEye component is limited by the number of licenses in the license manager. No license activation is needed and the license quantity is not decreased. Once issued, the license is assigned to certain computer on the network.
- Using a license manager as a dongle. The volume license manager containing at least one license for a VeriEye component can be used as a dongle that allows to run VeriEye component installation on a particular computer.
Additional VeriEye component installation licenses for the license manager can be purchased anytime. Neurotechnology will generate a special update file and send it to you. Then you will just have to enter the file to the license manager to add these purchased licenses.