Diffferent embedded biometric projects may have specific requirements for system architecture. The components of FingerCell SDK provide interoperability with other Neurotechnology biometric SDKs or third party products and are designed for using in different scenarios:
- Template extraction and matching on embedded device. This scenario offers privacy and security, as biometric templates do not leave the device. All functionality can be implemented using only FingerCell SDK and its components, without the need to use any other products. Note, that an embedded device should provide enough computational resources to perform all operations in reasonable time.
Template extraction on embedded device, template matching on smart card.
In this scenario, privacy and security is achieved by smart card usage for identity verification, as biometric information is only transferred from embedded device to smart card and is not exposed.
Smart card matching technology is not included in the FingerCell SDK.
These technologies can be used:
- MegaMatcher On Card SDK is our multi-biometric mathing-on-card technology, which is compatible with fingerprint templates generated by FingerCell SDK.
- Other vendors' matching on card technologies, which accept biometric templates in ISO/IEC 19794-2 format.
Template extraction on embedded device, template matching on server or cloud.
In this scenario, an embedded device, which runs FingerCell algorithm, performs fingerprint template extraction and sends the fingerprint template to a server or cloud for matching.
These server-side template matching technologies may be considered, if a system includes large biometric database or should feature high performance:
- VeriFinger SDK and MegaMatcher SDK are our biometric identification technologies, which are compatible with fingerprint templates generated by FingerCell SDK and include ready-to-use components for server-side template matching.
- Other vendors' server-side fingerprint matching technologies, which accept biometric templates in ISO/IEC 19794-2 or ANSI/INCITS 378 formats.
Template extraction on PC or mobile device, template matching on embedded device.
In this scenario, an embedded device, which runs FingerCell algorithm, accepts fingerprint templates for further matching.
Fingerprint templates can be generated using these technologies:
- VeriFinger SDK and MegaMatcher SDK are our biometric identification technologies, which include components for fingerprint template extraction on Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux x86/x86_64 and ARM Linux platforms. The components can be configured to generate fingerprint templates which are compatible with FingerCell SDK.
- Other vendors' server-side fingerprint matching technologies, which generate biometric templates in ISO/IEC 19794-2 or ANSI/INCITS 378 formats.