Licensing VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2
Note: this document is intended only for existing customers of VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 SDK. Information about licensing VeriFinger 13.0 SDK is available here.
Integrators can develop only an end-user product using VeriFinger SDK and sell/install the product to their own customers. If an integrator wants to develop and sell a VeriFinger based development tool (with custom API, programming possibilities, samples, etc.), he/she will need to become a value-added reseller (VAR).
To deploy the product that was developed with VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 SDK, the integrator should obtain only additional VeriFinger component licenses for product installations. Also the additional VeriFinger component licenses may be required during development of the product. The additional VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 component licenses can be obtained by VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 SDK customers at any time.
VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 components are:
- VeriFinger Matcher
- VeriFinger Extractor
A license for a VeriFinger component is required for each PC or each server CPU that runs this component. Single computer licenses are available.
Prices for additional VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 component licenses for the existing VeriFinger 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 customers are available here after providing a valid SDK Reference ID.
Please also refer to VeriFinger 6.2 SDK Software License Agreement for all licensing terms and conditions.
Single computer license
A single computer license allows to install and run a VeriFinger component installation on a single Personal Computer or on one Server CPU. The component license will not be lost if computer will be reinstalled.
The following license management options are available:
- license activation online by communicating with Neurotechnology's server;
- license activation by email;
- license activation using volume license manager;
- license management using volume license manager on LAN or Internet.
Single computer license activated over Internet or by email is not suitable for virtual environments. Volume license manager used as a dongle or license management over network would be required.
Volume license manager
Volume license manager is used on site by integrators or end users to manage obtained licenses for VeriFinger components. It consists of license management software and a dongle, which are used to store the number of obtained licenses. An integrator or an end-user can use the volume license manager in the following ways:
- Activating the single computer licenses. An installation license for a VeriFinger component will be activated for using on a particular computer. The license quantity for the VeriFinger component in the license manager will be decreased by the amount of activated licenses.
- Managing the single computer licenses on LAN or Internet. The license manager allows to manage installation licenses for VeriFinger components across the computers on LAN or Internet. The number of managed licenses for a VeriFinger component is limited by the number of licenses in the license manager. No license activation is needed and the license quantity is not decreased. Once issued, the license is assigned to certain computer on the network.
- Using a license manager as a dongle. The volume license manager containing at least one license for a VeriFinger component can be used as a dongle that allows to run VeriFinger component installation on a particular computer.
Additional VeriFinger component installation licenses for the license manager can be purchased anytime. Neurotechnology will generate a special update file and send it to you. Then you will just have to enter the file to the license manager to add these purchased licenses.