Activation and Licensing questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby vaidasz » Jun 21, 2017 13:41

win32api wrote:Good day.
Not so long ago I purchased VeriLook 9.0 Standard SDK. Today there is a new version - VeriLook 10.0 Standard SDK. Is my license suitable for this version? Can I use the same licensed files to work with it?

Hello,

Older licenses are supported with newer version of the SDK.
You could also download the SDK from the version you have purchased till the latest one for free of charge.
So yes, you could use the licenses.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Shadonwk » Jun 22, 2017 19:30

Hi, Recently install the sdk and tells me the following:

Trial licence expired, In this computer had not installed anything, as it could have the 30 days of test??
Shadonwk

Postby MartynasV » Jun 27, 2017 08:09

Shadonwk wrote:Hi, Recently install the sdk and tells me the following:

Trial licence expired, In this computer had not installed anything, as it could have the 30 days of test??

Hello Shadonwk,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard and send it to support@neurotechnology.com.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby hawlery1989 » Jun 27, 2017 10:22

Hi

I'm trying to develop an app that requires a fingerprint so as a first step i just demonstrate enrollment using SimpleFingerSample codes into my application using Visual Studio and C# language
I referenced all the DLLs and there is no compile error but when I try to run my app it gives this error regarding license:

error screenshot link:
https://ibb.co/iDuank
hawlery1989

Postby MartynasV » Jun 27, 2017 10:28

hawlery1989 wrote:Hi

I'm trying to develop an app that requires a fingerprint so as a first step i just demonstrate enrollment using SimpleFingerSample codes into my application using Visual Studio and C# language
I referenced all the DLLs and there is no compile error but when I try to run my app it gives this error regarding license:

error screenshot link:

Hello hawlery1989,

Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007E
.Net dlls from the SDK depends on the native dlls in the SDK, i.e. Neurotec.dll depends on the NCore.dll. Your received error means that your application can not find the native dll.
There are two solutions for this issue. First one, the fastest and easiest one, is to copy all dlls from the SDK to the output folder of your application.
The second way is to add the path to SDK dlls into System environmental variable PATH and restart the computer.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby hawlery1989 » Jun 27, 2017 19:42

Hello MartynasV,

I copied the dlls to the project but still it gives the same error.

I also tried to add the dll to the project references directory in visual studio but it gives this error.
https://ibb.co/fhvUV5

any solutions please???
hawlery1989

Postby MartynasV » Jun 28, 2017 08:37

Hello hawlery1989,

I copied the dlls to the project but still it gives the same error.

It still doesn't find native libraries. Run Process Explorer and check from where .NET libraries are loaded(Neurotec.*.dll) by your application, then copy all native libraries from "SDK\Bin\Win*" to that directory.

I also tried to add the dll to the project references directory in visual studio but it gives this error.
https://ibb.co/fhvUV5

You are trying to add native library as reference to your project, it can't be done, only .NET libraries can be used as references.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby bang » Jul 03, 2017 08:38

Hi! i just want to ask where can i find the original license files (*.lic) bec i don"t know where to find it
bang

Postby MartynasV » Jul 04, 2017 06:27

bang wrote:Hi! i just want to ask where can i find the original license files (*.lic) bec i don"t know where to find it

Hello bang,

When you activate licenses via Activation Wizard, those files should be saved in "SDK/Bin/Licenses" folder(if you use SDK structure) or in "Activation/Licenses"(if you moved Activation folder to other location).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby MarsRover000 » Jul 04, 2017 22:33

Hi,

Your websites says: The Fingerprint Client component is a combination of the Fingerprint Extractor, Fingerprint BSS, Fingerprint Segmenter and Fingerprint WSQ sub-components. It is intended for the systems that need to support most or all functionality of the mentioned components on the same PC. Using these licenses allows to optimize component license costs as well as reduce license management.

My understanding is that with a fingerclient license I would be able to extract a fingerprint from an image however when I run EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe from the tutorials, I get this error:

System.ApplicationException: Could not obtain licenses for components: Biometrics.FingerExtraction
at Neurotec.Tutorials.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:UsersuserDesktopNeurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDKTutorialsBiometricsCSEnrollFingerFromImageCSProgram.cs:line 55

Why would I need a finger extraction license when I already procured the finger client license? kindly assist, thanks

M
MarsRover000

Postby vaidasz » Jul 05, 2017 11:06

MarsRover000 wrote:Hi,

Your websites says: The Fingerprint Client component is a combination of the Fingerprint Extractor, Fingerprint BSS, Fingerprint Segmenter and Fingerprint WSQ sub-components. It is intended for the systems that need to support most or all functionality of the mentioned components on the same PC. Using these licenses allows to optimize component license costs as well as reduce license management.

My understanding is that with a fingerclient license I would be able to extract a fingerprint from an image however when I run EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe from the tutorials, I get this error:

System.ApplicationException: Could not obtain licenses for components: Biometrics.FingerExtraction
at Neurotec.Tutorials.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:UsersuserDesktopNeurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDKTutorialsBiometricsCSEnrollFingerFromImageCSProgram.cs:line 55

Why would I need a finger extraction license when I already procured the finger client license? kindly assist, thanks

M

Hello,

If you use SDK structure, the licenses must be placed at SDK\Bin\Licenses or at the same folder where application startup path is. If you moved the sample out of the SDK structure or developed you application, copy the licenses you want to use to the same folder where application startup folder is.
It is not a must to have the licenses at the application startup folder. You could load the licenses in the source code by using NLicense.Add(LICENSE_READ_AS_STRING) when developing your application.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby ygiuseppin » Oct 27, 2017 17:15

Hi,
Im having problems with the server/client licence configuration.

On my server, I have a dongle with 1 Server licence and some other licences. On the activation wizard I configured: Volume licence manager server.

Then, in the client machine (without any dongle), I opened the Activation wizard and configured: Volume licence manager client, setting my server IP and the port 5000. I tried with the local and the external IP.

No one licence is loaded in the client machine. Also, my program isnt detecting any licence. What am I doing wrong?
ygiuseppin

Postby MartynasV » Oct 31, 2017 12:52

ygiuseppin wrote:Hi,
Im having problems with the server/client licence configuration.

On my server, I have a dongle with 1 Server licence and some other licences. On the activation wizard I configured: Volume licence manager server.

Then, in the client machine (without any dongle), I opened the Activation wizard and configured: Volume licence manager client, setting my server IP and the port 5000. I tried with the local and the external IP.

No one licence is loaded in the client machine. Also, my program isnt detecting any licence. What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard on client and server(first on client and only then on server), then send those files to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description, also provide following:
Test connection using Telnet e.g. "telnet IP PORT", this way you will test if pg service can be reached via that port.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Pedro Rossa » Oct 31, 2017 15:21

How Can I activate a single comercial license on the Android enviroment?
Pedro Rossa

Postby MartynasV » Nov 02, 2017 09:34

Pedro Rossa wrote:How Can I activate a single comercial license on the Android enviroment?

Hello,

Instructions can be found in "SDK\Documentation\Activation.pdf" in paragraph: "2.4 Activation for Android".
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby gustavovidal » Nov 13, 2017 10:31

Hi,

We have an issue, we need to generate a Single Computer licence,so in the process we could generate the serial number with the Activation Wizard (Windows) and the dongle, but we are going to install the licences in a Linux envioment (Centos 6.9) so we can"t use the Activation Wizard (only works in Windows ) to obtain the hardware ID.
Finally we could do the "License generation" part in a Windows, but of course we can"t do it without the hardaware id.

So the question is, How to obtain the hardware id in Linux?

We could install windows in that Server and obtain the hardaware ID, but, it will work the obtained license when we change the O.S. to linux?

Thank you.
gustavovidal

Postby MartynasV » Nov 15, 2017 11:17

gustavovidal wrote:Hi,

We have an issue, we need to generate a Single Computer licence,so in the process we could generate the serial number with the Activation Wizard (Windows) and the dongle, but we are going to install the licences in a Linux envioment (Centos 6.9) so we can"t use the Activation Wizard (only works in Windows ) to obtain the hardware ID.
Finally we could do the "License generation" part in a Windows, but of course we can"t do it without the hardaware id.

We could install windows in that Server and obtain the hardaware ID, but, it will work the obtained license when we change the O.S. to linux?

Thank you.

Hello gustavovidal,

Follow instructions in "SDK\Documentation\Activation.pdf", in paragraph "2.3 Manual products activation (Linux, Mac OS
X and Windows)".

This won't work.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Previous

Return to Public