Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby gdiazcamilo » Oct 18, 2017 12:24

I'm using the NServer for enrolling and identifying fingerprints operations.

In my client I'm using the following components:
"Biometrics.FingerExtraction",
"Devices.FingerScanners",
"Biometrics.FingerMatching",
"Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessment"


I'm just enrolling one fingerprint per person.
gdiazcamilo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 18, 2017 12:13

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby MartynasV » Oct 18, 2017 12:45

gdiazcamilo wrote:I'm using the NServer for enrolling and identifying fingerprints operations.

In my client I'm using the following components:
"Biometrics.FingerExtraction",
"Devices.FingerScanners",
"Biometrics.FingerMatching",
"Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessment"


I'm just enrolling one fingerprint per person.

Hello gdiazcamilo,

You can check which licenses what components contain in documentation: "2.2.4.1 Licensed API functionality ".

"Biometrics.FingerExtraction","Devices.FingerScanners" - Fingerprint Extractor.
"Biometrics.FingerMatching" - Fingerprint Matcher.
"Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessment" - Fingerprint Client.

In order to use NServer you need VeriFinger Extended SDK.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby gdiazcamilo » Oct 18, 2017 20:32

Why do I need the VeriFinger Extended SDK for running the NServer? Isn"t the SDK for developing an application?

The VeriFinger Extended SDK should be installed on the developer machine and on the server too?
gdiazcamilo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 18, 2017 12:13

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby MartynasV » Oct 19, 2017 07:55

Hello gdiazcamilo,

gdiazcamilo wrote:Why do I need the VeriFinger Extended SDK for running the NServer? Isn"t the SDK for developing an application?

Yes, SDK is for developing applications. NServer is server side application that can perform matching tasks and in order to use it you will need VeriFinger Extended SDK(with Extended SDK you will get Server license for NServer application).

gdiazcamilo wrote:The VeriFinger Extended SDK should be installed on the developer machine and on the server too?

You don't need to install whole SDK everywehre, you just need required dependencies(libraries, ndf(data) files).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby gdiazcamilo » Oct 19, 2017 18:58

This what the Product Advisor tells me that I need:

Application type(s): Client-server (client-side extraction)
Template contents: 1 finger(s)
Database size: 100 user(s)
1-to-many request processing time: 2 second(s).
Peak requests: 100 per hour (ignoring, as the response time higher than peak)
Matching mode: 1-to-many identification
Web clients on PCs: 5
Disaster recovery needed: No

Advice:
VeriFinger 10.0 Extended SDK x EUR 859.00 per unit = EUR 859.00 total
+ 5 Fingerprint Client license(s) x EUR 70.00 per unit = EUR 350.00 total
+ 1 Fingerprint Matcher license(s) x EUR 25.00 per unit = EUR 25.00 total

Estimated total price: EUR 1,234.00


I want to confirm with you that buying those licensing I can accomplish what I need and how to install it.
VeriFinger 10.0 Extended SDK: install on the server for identification and verification through the NServer service this SDK can also be used by developers to create the end-user applications.
Fingerprint Client: one license for each client machine that will have connected the fingerprint scanner and will do the capture and the creation of the fingerprint template (which will be sent to the server for identification and verification)
Fingerprint Matcher: I'm not sure why I need this and where do I need to install it?

Please, tell me if I'm right and what I need to know about the Fingerprint Matcher.
gdiazcamilo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 18, 2017 12:13

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby MartynasV » Oct 20, 2017 14:20

gdiazcamilo wrote:This what the Product Advisor tells me that I need:

Application type(s): Client-server (client-side extraction)
Template contents: 1 finger(s)
Database size: 100 user(s)
1-to-many request processing time: 2 second(s).
Peak requests: 100 per hour (ignoring, as the response time higher than peak)
Matching mode: 1-to-many identification
Web clients on PCs: 5
Disaster recovery needed: No

Advice:
VeriFinger 10.0 Extended SDK x EUR 859.00 per unit = EUR 859.00 total
+ 5 Fingerprint Client license(s) x EUR 70.00 per unit = EUR 350.00 total
+ 1 Fingerprint Matcher license(s) x EUR 25.00 per unit = EUR 25.00 total

Estimated total price: EUR 1,234.00


I want to confirm with you that buying those licensing I can accomplish what I need and how to install it.
VeriFinger 10.0 Extended SDK: install on the server for identification and verification through the NServer service this SDK can also be used by developers to create the end-user applications.
Fingerprint Client: one license for each client machine that will have connected the fingerprint scanner and will do the capture and the creation of the fingerprint template (which will be sent to the server for identification and verification)
Fingerprint Matcher: I'm not sure why I need this and where do I need to install it?

Please, tell me if I'm right and what I need to know about the Fingerprint Matcher.

Hello,

I want to confirm with you that buying those licensing I can accomplish what I need and how to install it.

Yes, the advisor is correct and how to activate licenses can be found here "SDK\Documentation\Activation.pdf"(in SDK package).

Fingerprint Matcher: I'm not sure why I need this and where do I need to install it?

Matcher license allows to perform identification and verification tasks, you will need this license activated on computer where NServer will be running(to enable matching feature on it).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby gdiazcamilo » Oct 20, 2017 15:01

We need a local environment where the application is going to be developed and the production environment where the application will be used by end-users.

So, I have one doubt left: Do I need to buy two licenses of the VeriFinger Extended SDK? One for the developer who will be developing and testing the end-user application in his machine and one for the server where the NServer will be running?

Or can I run multiple instances of the NServer with the same license on the same server? For example, one instance pointing to a QA database and another one pointing to the production database?

And do I need to buy an extra Fingerprint Client license for the developer machine apart from the end-user's machine?

Please clarify me this. I'm a little confused.
gdiazcamilo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 18, 2017 12:13

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby MartynasV » Oct 20, 2017 15:42

gdiazcamilo wrote:We need a local environment where the application is going to be developed and the production environment where the application will be used by end-users.
So, I have one doubt left: Do I need to buy two licenses of the VeriFinger Extended SDK? One for the developer who will be developing and testing the end-user application in his machine and one for the server where the NServer will be running?

You need to buy SDK only once, after that you just purchase additional licenses e.g. Fingerprint Client. Licenses are per device, it means that on every device on which you will run our software you will need separate licenses.

gdiazcamilo wrote:Or can I run multiple instances of the NServer with the same license on the same server? For example, one instance pointing to a QA database and another one pointing to the production database?

Server license is exception, it unlocks NServer application and can be copied on multiple computers, also doesn't require activation/deactivation procedure.
But to use NServer you also need Matcher license(to enable matching feature) and those licenses can be used only on single computer at the same time.

gdiazcamilo wrote:And do I need to buy an extra Fingerprint Client license for the developer machine apart from the end-user's machine?

With Extended SDK you will get packet of free licenses including 3 Client licenses(http://www.neurotechnology.com/product-schema.html). So, if you will need them on 4 or more computers, then you will need to purchase additional licenses.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby gdiazcamilo » Oct 20, 2017 17:46

So, can I run on the same machine multiple instances of the NServer using just one (1) license of Fingerprint Matcher and (1) license of the VeriFinger Extended SDK??

The VeriFinger Extended SDK include a Fingerprint Matcher license? If so, why the Product Advisor put that license apart like if it were not included?
gdiazcamilo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 18, 2017 12:13

Re: Which licenses do I need to buy for operations on sever?

Postby MartynasV » Oct 23, 2017 07:13

Hello gdiazcamilo,
gdiazcamilo wrote:So, can I run on the same machine multiple instances of the NServer using just one (1) license of Fingerprint Matcher and (1) license of the VeriFinger Extended SDK??

Yes. (There is no VeriFinger Extended SDK license, when you purchase Extended SDK you will get "Server" license to unlock NServer application)

gdiazcamilo wrote:The VeriFinger Extended SDK include a Fingerprint Matcher license? If so, why the Product Advisor put that license apart like if it were not included?

Yes, Fingerprint Matcher license is included in SDK and idea is that those free licenses will be used for development purposes, so advisor shows that you have to buy additional Matcher license for production.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania


Return to Public

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron