Lumidigm scanner problem in Verifinger Extended SDK

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Lumidigm scanner problem in Verifinger Extended SDK

Postby Erick » Nov 25, 2009 02:45

Hello.

I'm working in a fingerprint enrollment application, written in Java. I'm using 2 different scanners (Lumidigm Venus V302 and DigitalPersona UaU 4500).

My problem is the following: the DigitalPersona scanner is immediately detected as the initialization sequence runs, but the Lumidigm one is never recognized, even when windows says the device is working correctly.

The initialization sequence used in the Java code is similar to the Java FingersSample included in Verifinger SDK:
- Obtain license
- new ScannerMan().getScanners();

The method getScanners() always returns a valid array when the DigitalPersona scanner is connected, but it never returns a reference to the Lumidigm scanner; if the Lumidigm is the only one attached to the computer, the method getScanners() always returns null.

On a side note, all the functionality required by my application has been tested using the DigitalPersona scanner but it's mandatory for my application to support Lumidigm as well.

Am I missing some initialization steps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
Erick

Re: Lumidigm scanner problem in Verifinger Extended SDK

Postby Martynas » Nov 25, 2009 13:06

Hi,

we need to know exact version of the VeriFinger SDK you are using. If it is possible, send the detailled description of the issue and diagnostic, generated with ActivationWizard, to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby venkat » Dec 31, 2015 08:40

Hello,

Facing same issue with secugen drivers, installed Biometric SDK4.4 and it seems to no wrong with biometric installation but after loading complete template drivers are not showing in the list. Please help me.

Thanks..
venkat

Postby MartynasV » Jan 04, 2016 14:57

venkat wrote:Hello,

Facing same issue with secugen drivers, installed Biometric SDK4.4 and it seems to no wrong with biometric installation but after loading complete template drivers are not showing in the list. Please help me.

Thanks..

Hello,

Provide information:
    Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
    What scanner you are using?
    From where did you download drivers?
    What OS you are using?
    Does computer sees scanner?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby an70n10zab » Sep 27, 2017 15:59

Hello,
I have a Lumidigm Venus V302 scanner. I"m developing an application in VB .net, But the app never detect the scanner. I run DevicesSample application and didn"t detect.
I try to load the plugin but return an error.

Neurotec.Runtime.InteropServices.NWin32Exception (14001): No se pudo iniciar la aplicación; la configuración en paralelo no es correcta. Consulte el registro de eventos de la aplicación o use la herramienta sxstrace.exe de la línea de comandos para obtener más detalles.

at LoadLibraryExW
--- End of external call stack ---
--- End of unmanaged stack trace ---

help please.
an70n10zab

Postby MartynasV » Sep 28, 2017 11:39

an70n10zab wrote:Hello,
I have a Lumidigm Venus V302 scanner. I"m developing an application in VB .net, But the app never detect the scanner. I run DevicesSample application and didn"t detect.
I try to load the plugin but return an error.

Neurotec.Runtime.InteropServices.NWin32Exception (14001): No se pudo iniciar la aplicación; la configuración en paralelo no es correcta. Consulte el registro de eventos de la aplicación o use la herramienta sxstrace.exe de la línea de comandos para obtener más detalles.

at LoadLibraryExW

Hello an70n10zab,

One of our clients had same exception, but with different scanner and was able to solve the issue:

Neurotec.Runtime.InteropServices.NWin32Exception (14001): L’application n’a pas pu démarrer car sa configuration côte-à-côte est incorrecte. Pour plus d’informations, consultez le journal des événements des applications ou utilisez l’outil de ligne de commande sxstrace.exe.

at LoadLibraryExW

So basically, the error says: "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details..."

After searching google for hours, we found this discussion https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tab ... td-p/50275 that pointed us to the right direction.

So, basically, we found out that Suprema Biomini, Suprema RealScan (and probably other plugins that could not load) need Visual C++ 2008 redistributable! The laptop where the scanner could load had VC_redist 2008 installed, whereas all the other client computers had VC_redist 2015. So, we downloaded VC_redist 2008 from here : https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st_x86.exe and installed it on the client computers in addition to the vc++ 2015 that they already had. After installing, then the scanners were finally recognized and everything worked well.

You can reproduce the issue by plugging a Suprema Biomini (and even RealScan) on a computer that has versions of VC++ resist installed that are not VC++ redist 2008. Or you can try to uninstall VC++ redist 2008 then try to plug a Biomini.

You may need to check if VC_redist 2005 and 2010 can work with the scanners.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public