Verifinger 9.0 JNLP sample

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Verifinger 9.0 JNLP sample

Postby neuro_user » Jul 11, 2017 18:20

Hello,

I need to capture fingerprint on browser using HTML5/applet. After reading up and doing some research I found that it was possible with applets.

I am trying to run the AbisApplet that comes with abis-sample in Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDKSamplesBiometricsJavaabis-sample. I built the abis-sample using Maven and it generated abis-sample-9.0.0.0.jar containing AbisApplet. But when I try to run the applet using abis-applet.jnlp, I get an error dialog window saying -

ExitException[ 3]com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: file:/C:/NeurotecTest/verifinger/applet/neurotec-native-win64-x64.jar
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.downloadResources(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.loadJarFiles(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can"t find the jar anywhere. I have all the other jars that are needed by abis-applet.jnlp. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
neuro_user

Re: Verifinger 9.0 JNLP sample

Postby vaidasz » Jul 12, 2017 08:46

neuro_user wrote:Hello,

I need to capture fingerprint on browser using HTML5/applet. After reading up and doing some research I found that it was possible with applets.

I am trying to run the AbisApplet that comes with abis-sample in Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDKSamplesBiometricsJavaabis-sample. I built the abis-sample using Maven and it generated abis-sample-9.0.0.0.jar containing AbisApplet. But when I try to run the applet using abis-applet.jnlp, I get an error dialog window saying -

ExitException[ 3]com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: file:/C:/NeurotecTest/verifinger/applet/neurotec-native-win64-x64.jar
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.downloadResources(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.loadJarFiles(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

I can"t find the jar anywhere. I have all the other jars that are needed by abis-applet.jnlp. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hello,

The latest version of the SDK is Neurotec Biometrics 10.0 SDK. So I recommend to download latest version of the SDK.
To build applet execute “mvn install -Pweb” from SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java. There will be ABIS applet created at SDK\Bin\Java\abis-sample-web. Open “index.html” to run the applet. Open “abis-web-start.jnlp” to run web start sample.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby neuro_user » Jul 12, 2017 17:46

Hi vaidasz,

I was able to build abis-sample-web as you mentioned. But when I try to run the index.html in browser (I tired Firefox and IE), it complained for missing charset encoding. So I added <meta charset="utf-8"> and that issue went away. But the applet would not load in the browser. When I try to run the abis-applet.jnlp or abis-web-start.jnlp directly, I get the below error saying neurotec-biometrics-client.jar is not signed. Please help!

java.lang.SecurityException: com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: file:/C:/installs/Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDK/Bin/Java/abis-sample-web/neurotec-biometrics-client.jar
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.checkAllJarEntriesSigned(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: file:/C:/installs/Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDK/Bin/Java/abis-sample-web/neurotec-biometrics-client.jar
... 15 more
neuro_user

Postby neuro_user » Jul 12, 2017 18:36

When I checked it with jarsigner it says -

Warning:
This jar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.
This jar contains entries whose signer certificate has expired.
This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is not validated.
This jar contains signatures that does not include a timestamp. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2015-12-23) or after any future revocation date.
neuro_user

Postby vaidasz » Jul 13, 2017 14:54

neuro_user wrote:When I checked it with jarsigner it says -

Warning:
This jar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.
This jar contains entries whose signer certificate has expired.
This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is not validated.
This jar contains signatures that does not include a timestamp. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2015-12-23) or after any future revocation date.

Hello,

Please download latest version of Neurotec Biometric 10.0 SDK and try to run it. The API is the same.
I have just tested latest’s version of the SDK – it was built and ran just fine.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Laolu » Sep 21, 2017 14:15

Hi,
I downloaded Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK_Trial_2017-08-31.zip in order to build an applet .check out the abis-sample-web.
But when i run "mvn install –Pweb" from "SDK_TrialBinJava", i get error "Unknown lifecycle phase "?Pweb". You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format".
pls what am i doing wrong ?
mvn clean install runs well and i can run the java sample abis-sample from SDK_TrialBinJava.

2. I"ve read in the old posts that you do not have a sample MFC active-x control. Do you now have it?

Thank you.
Laolu

Postby vaidasz » Sep 22, 2017 11:39

Laolu wrote:Hi,
I downloaded Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK_Trial_2017-08-31.zip in order to build an applet .check out the abis-sample-web.
But when i run "mvn install –Pweb" from "SDK_TrialBinJava", i get error "Unknown lifecycle phase "?Pweb". You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format".
pls what am i doing wrong ?
mvn clean install runs well and i can run the java sample abis-sample from SDK_TrialBinJava.

2. I"ve read in the old posts that you do not have a sample MFC active-x control. Do you now have it?

Thank you.

Hello,

Ensure you do not copy-paste the command but type it. As "-" might be recognized differently.
Another thing, it might be the issue if you use other keyboard language but English. So change to English and retry.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Return to Public