make plugin for 3M CSD200 scanner neurotec biometric sdk

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

make plugin for 3M CSD200 scanner neurotec biometric sdk

Postby 786lokesh » Sep 21, 2017 06:18

Hi there,
I am trying to build one biometric authentication (finger print to be precise) application using neurotec biometric sdk. I have 3M CSD200 scanner for scanning finger prints. But neurotec official link says it support 3M 330 scanner. Link : http://www.neurotechnology.com/cgi-bin/ ... anners.cgi
And 3M CSD200 is not detected by AbisSampleWX application so that I could run few tests. The 3M CSD200 drivers were successfully installed.
My question is how can i use 3M CSD200 scanner by neurotec biometric sdk ?
I have read somewhere we can build one plugin for 3M CSD200 scanner to get detected by neurotec biometric. If this is the only solution how could i build one plugin for neurotec biometrics ?
Please guide me through this.
Regards
786lokesh

Re: make plugin for 3M CSD200 scanner neurotec biometric sdk

Postby MartynasV » Sep 21, 2017 06:49

Hello 786lokesh,

As you already noticed we don’t officially support 3M CSD200 scanner and we don’t have it in office, so I can’t check if it would work. But you could try to install drivers from “Scanners and cameras drivers” pack from link: http://www.neurotechnology.com/download ... _sdk_trial, then run 32bit application "SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\DevicesSampleCS.exe"(you should test on Windows 7, because 3M Cogent CSD 330 doesn’t work on other OS).

If above didn’t work, then there are 3 options to use that scanner:
1. You provide us with 1 or 2 scanners for integration and support purposes and we should integrate that scanner in 1 or 2 months.
2. You write NDM module for that scanner yourself(example "SDK\Samples\Devices\C\NdmSample"), but this is very complicated task and only very experienced programmer should try to do this.
3. You use manufacturer’s SDK to use scanner to capture fingerprint image, then use Neurotec SDK to further process that captured image(e.g. extraction.).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public