Activation and Licensing questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby vaidasz » Jun 21, 2017 13:41

win32api wrote:Good day.
Not so long ago I purchased VeriLook 9.0 Standard SDK. Today there is a new version - VeriLook 10.0 Standard SDK. Is my license suitable for this version? Can I use the same licensed files to work with it?


Hello,

Older licenses are supported with newer version of the SDK.
You could also download the SDK from the version you have purchased till the latest one for free of charge.
So yes, you could use the licenses.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Shadonwk » Jun 22, 2017 19:30

Hi, Recently install the sdk and tells me the following:

Trial licence expired, In this computer had not installed anything, as it could have the 30 days of test??
Shadonwk
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 22, 2017 19:24

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Jun 27, 2017 08:09

Shadonwk wrote:Hi, Recently install the sdk and tells me the following:

Trial licence expired, In this computer had not installed anything, as it could have the 30 days of test??

Hello Shadonwk,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard and send it to support@neurotechnology.com.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby hawlery1989 » Jun 27, 2017 10:22

Hi

I'm trying to develop an app that requires a fingerprint so as a first step i just demonstrate enrollment using SimpleFingerSample codes into my application using Visual Studio and C# language
I referenced all the DLLs and there is no compile error but when I try to run my app it gives this error regarding license:

error screenshot link:
https://ibb.co/iDuank
hawlery1989
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 14, 2017 07:53

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Jun 27, 2017 10:28

hawlery1989 wrote:Hi

I'm trying to develop an app that requires a fingerprint so as a first step i just demonstrate enrollment using SimpleFingerSample codes into my application using Visual Studio and C# language
I referenced all the DLLs and there is no compile error but when I try to run my app it gives this error regarding license:

error screenshot link:
https://ibb.co/iDuank

Hello hawlery1989,

Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007E
.Net dlls from the SDK depends on the native dlls in the SDK, i.e. Neurotec.dll depends on the NCore.dll. Your received error means that your application can not find the native dll.
There are two solutions for this issue. First one, the fastest and easiest one, is to copy all dlls from the SDK to the output folder of your application.
The second way is to add the path to SDK dlls into System environmental variable PATH and restart the computer.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby hawlery1989 » Jun 27, 2017 19:42

Hello MartynasV,

I copied the dlls to the project but still it gives the same error.
https://ibb.co/iDuank

I also tried to add the dll to the project references directory in visual studio but it gives this error.
https://ibb.co/fhvUV5

any solutions please???
hawlery1989
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 14, 2017 07:53

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Jun 28, 2017 08:37

Hello hawlery1989,

I copied the dlls to the project but still it gives the same error.
https://ibb.co/iDuank

It still doesn't find native libraries. Run Process Explorer and check from where .NET libraries are loaded(Neurotec.*.dll) by your application, then copy all native libraries from "SDK\Bin\Win*" to that directory.

I also tried to add the dll to the project references directory in visual studio but it gives this error.
https://ibb.co/fhvUV5

You are trying to add native library as reference to your project, it can't be done, only .NET libraries can be used as references.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby bang » Jul 03, 2017 08:38

Hi! i just want to ask where can i find the original license files (*.lic) bec i don"t know where to find it
bang
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 03, 2017 08:33

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Jul 04, 2017 06:27

bang wrote:Hi! i just want to ask where can i find the original license files (*.lic) bec i don"t know where to find it

Hello bang,

When you activate licenses via Activation Wizard, those files should be saved in "SDK/Bin/Licenses" folder(if you use SDK structure) or in "Activation/Licenses"(if you moved Activation folder to other location).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MarsRover000 » Jul 04, 2017 22:33

Hi,

Your websites says: The Fingerprint Client component is a combination of the Fingerprint Extractor, Fingerprint BSS, Fingerprint Segmenter and Fingerprint WSQ sub-components. It is intended for the systems that need to support most or all functionality of the mentioned components on the same PC. Using these licenses allows to optimize component license costs as well as reduce license management.

My understanding is that with a fingerclient license I would be able to extract a fingerprint from an image however when I run EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe from the tutorials, I get this error:

System.ApplicationException: Could not obtain licenses for components: Biometrics.FingerExtraction
at Neurotec.Tutorials.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:UsersuserDesktopNeurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDKTutorialsBiometricsCSEnrollFingerFromImageCSProgram.cs:line 55

Why would I need a finger extraction license when I already procured the finger client license? kindly assist, thanks

M
MarsRover000
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 01, 2017 21:55

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby vaidasz » Jul 05, 2017 11:06

MarsRover000 wrote:Hi,

Your websites says: The Fingerprint Client component is a combination of the Fingerprint Extractor, Fingerprint BSS, Fingerprint Segmenter and Fingerprint WSQ sub-components. It is intended for the systems that need to support most or all functionality of the mentioned components on the same PC. Using these licenses allows to optimize component license costs as well as reduce license management.

My understanding is that with a fingerclient license I would be able to extract a fingerprint from an image however when I run EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe from the tutorials, I get this error:

System.ApplicationException: Could not obtain licenses for components: Biometrics.FingerExtraction
at Neurotec.Tutorials.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:UsersuserDesktopNeurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDKTutorialsBiometricsCSEnrollFingerFromImageCSProgram.cs:line 55

Why would I need a finger extraction license when I already procured the finger client license? kindly assist, thanks

M


Hello,

If you use SDK structure, the licenses must be placed at SDK\Bin\Licenses or at the same folder where application startup path is. If you moved the sample out of the SDK structure or developed you application, copy the licenses you want to use to the same folder where application startup folder is.
It is not a must to have the licenses at the application startup folder. You could load the licenses in the source code by using NLicense.Add(LICENSE_READ_AS_STRING) when developing your application.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby ygiuseppin » Oct 27, 2017 17:15

Hi,
Im having problems with the server/client licence configuration.

On my server, I have a dongle with 1 Server licence and some other licences. On the activation wizard I configured: Volume licence manager server.

Then, in the client machine (without any dongle), I opened the Activation wizard and configured: Volume licence manager client, setting my server IP and the port 5000. I tried with the local and the external IP.

No one licence is loaded in the client machine. Also, my program isnt detecting any licence. What am I doing wrong?
ygiuseppin
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 03, 2017 18:26

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Oct 31, 2017 12:52

ygiuseppin wrote:Hi,
Im having problems with the server/client licence configuration.

On my server, I have a dongle with 1 Server licence and some other licences. On the activation wizard I configured: Volume licence manager server.

Then, in the client machine (without any dongle), I opened the Activation wizard and configured: Volume licence manager client, setting my server IP and the port 5000. I tried with the local and the external IP.

No one licence is loaded in the client machine. Also, my program isnt detecting any licence. What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard on client and server(first on client and only then on server), then send those files to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description, also provide following:
Test connection using Telnet e.g. "telnet IP PORT", this way you will test if pg service can be reached via that port.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Pedro Rossa » Oct 31, 2017 15:21

How Can I activate a single comercial license on the Android enviroment?
Pedro Rossa
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 31, 2017 15:19

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Nov 02, 2017 09:34

Pedro Rossa wrote:How Can I activate a single comercial license on the Android enviroment?

Hello,

Instructions can be found in "SDK\Documentation\Activation.pdf" in paragraph: "2.4 Activation for Android".
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby gustavovidal » Nov 13, 2017 10:31

Hi,

We have an issue, we need to generate a Single Computer licence,so in the process we could generate the serial number with the Activation Wizard (Windows) and the dongle, but we are going to install the licences in a Linux envioment (Centos 6.9) so we can"t use the Activation Wizard (only works in Windows ) to obtain the hardware ID.
Finally we could do the "License generation" part in a Windows, but of course we can"t do it without the hardaware id.

So the question is, How to obtain the hardware id in Linux?

We could install windows in that Server and obtain the hardaware ID, but, it will work the obtained license when we change the O.S. to linux?

Thank you.
gustavovidal
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 16, 2017 10:31

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Nov 15, 2017 11:17

gustavovidal wrote:Hi,

We have an issue, we need to generate a Single Computer licence,so in the process we could generate the serial number with the Activation Wizard (Windows) and the dongle, but we are going to install the licences in a Linux envioment (Centos 6.9) so we can"t use the Activation Wizard (only works in Windows ) to obtain the hardware ID.
Finally we could do the "License generation" part in a Windows, but of course we can"t do it without the hardaware id.

So the question is, How to obtain the hardware id in Linux?

We could install windows in that Server and obtain the hardaware ID, but, it will work the obtained license when we change the O.S. to linux?

Thank you.

Hello gustavovidal,

So the question is, How to obtain the hardware id in Linux?

Follow instructions in "SDK\Documentation\Activation.pdf", in paragraph "2.3 Manual products activation (Linux, Mac OS
X and Windows)".

We could install windows in that Server and obtain the hardaware ID, but, it will work the obtained license when we change the O.S. to linux?

This won't work.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby AdamA » Dec 07, 2017 16:24

Hi,

I recently just installed 30 trial for the SDKs that includes fingerprint,voice and other biometric systems. After setting up the application using setup.I didn"t activate any licenses since it was working for my friend without problems . I tried accessing the sample programs from the bin/windows x86 folder.
The voice sample program doesn"t work, it says "Not all licenses are obtained", however the other sample programs work just fine .
see image below
https://i.imgur.com/TaR1mzg.png

What am i missing it says "Biometics.Voice extraction" in red?


Thanks
AdamA
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 07, 2017 16:10

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Dec 08, 2017 09:48

AdamA wrote:Hi,

I recently just installed 30 trial for the SDKs that includes fingerprint,voice and other biometric systems. After setting up the application using setup.I didn"t activate any licenses since it was working for my friend without problems . I tried accessing the sample programs from the bin/windows x86 folder.
The voice sample program doesn"t work, it says "Not all licenses are obtained", however the other sample programs work just fine .
see image below
https://i.imgur.com/TaR1mzg.png

What am i missing it says "Biometics.Voice extraction" in red?


Thanks

Hello AdamA,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard(located in "SDK\Bin\Win*\Activation") and send it to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Activation and Licensing questions

Postby aykutucoz » Dec 26, 2017 08:41

Hello,
I am trying to use Volume licence manager as a dongle( which has several licences) on Virtual Machine Esxi 5.5, but i can"t achieve so there is no avaliable USB device.
Am i missing something ?

Thanks.
aykutucoz
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 18, 2017 10:54

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby vaidasz » Dec 28, 2017 11:59

aykutucoz wrote:Hello,
I am trying to use Volume licence manager as a dongle( which has several licences) on Virtual Machine Esxi 5.5, but i can"t achieve so there is no avaliable USB device.
Am i missing something ?

Thanks.


Hello,

You have 2 options to use dongle:
1. Connect dongle directly to virtual machine as USB device. You should check Google how to connect USB device to Esxi;
2. Connect dongle to some computer, configure licensing service to share licenses over the network and start it (VLM Server). Then you could configure licensing service on VLM client (virtual machine) to obtain licenses from VLM Server.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Question about license for Android

Postby David F » Jan 24, 2018 20:06

Hi,I am developing in Windows ASP.Net, can I use this license for a new project in Android?
David F
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 17, 2018 01:17

Re: Question about license for Android

Postby MartynasV » Jan 26, 2018 12:24

David F wrote:Hi,I am developing in Windows ASP.Net, can I use this license for a new project in Android?

Hello David,

What license exactly? Are you asking if you can use PC licenses in Android? Or you asking if you can move licenses from one machine to other?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby arvin_primo » Mar 27, 2018 06:09

hello, i have usb dongle for verilook sdk. but when i tried to activate, the dongle status is always disconected.

i"m using neurotechnology biometric 4.2 sdk, running on windows server 2012 r2 x64,

the usb itself is detected on windows. but dongle status is always disconnected
arvin_primo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 27, 2018 05:46

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Mar 27, 2018 11:08

Hello,

arvin_primo wrote:i"m using neurotechnology biometric 4.2 sdk, running on windows server 2012 r2 x64,


4.2 version of the SDK, was released prior Windows 8/8.1/10 release, where Microsoft changed the API of HID devices. So old versions of the SDK, as in your case, do not see the dongle if it is used on recent Windows operating systems.
The solution for this would be to download recent version of the SDK and copy only the Activation folder from it. Licensing service will see the dongle on new operating system and you will be able to get the license in your application too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby javiergarcia » Aug 13, 2018 20:57

Hello, I have purchased the VeriFinger 10.0 Standard SDK with the fingerprint extractor and the fingerprint matcher, I tried to activate the license but after using the activation wizard with .lic files we did not manage to use the SDK, what should I do?
javiergarcia
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 13, 2018 20:50

Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Richardsnusy » Aug 15, 2018 23:41

Can you tell me whether the activation uses .sn files, .lic files, or both? Can you verify that Im putting them in the correct directory, and have the correct settings on the Licensing Server tab?
Richardsnusy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 06, 2018 01:55
Location: Malawi with russian IP

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 17, 2018 09:49

Hello,

.sn files are serial number files. They are used to activate the license and generate license file (.lic). NLicensing library uses only .lic files to enable SDK functionality.
In case of Android copy these license files to /sdcard/Neurotechnology/Licenses folder, then application will find them automatically. If you want to copy them to any other folder, then you will need to use NLicense.add() method to pass the license content to NLicensing library.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby luckyluke1977 » Aug 24, 2018 12:50

hello
I"ve read a little bit and got 2 questions.
1st if i buy a verilook standard sdk , and I make a tool with it , is it possible to run the tool on another machine ? without buying another license ?
and on how many machines can i run it then if the answer is yes .. i would need 5 ..more or less
2nd if the answer to the 1st question is no , then you dont need to answer the 2nd one .. but my code hangs on following line

if (!NLicense.obtainComponents("/local", 5000, components)){}....


its giving me no error my trial sdk is running ist connected .. where do i have to put the Nlicensing.cfg file so it will be read ??

luke ...
luckyluke1977
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 24, 2018 12:35

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Aug 27, 2018 14:53

Hello Luke,
luckyluke1977 wrote:1st if i buy a verilook standard sdk , and I make a tool with it , is it possible to run the tool on another machine ? without buying another license ?
and on how many machines can i run it then if the answer is yes .. i would need 5 ..more or less

Yes, you can move license from one computer to another, but note that the same license can be used on single machine only at the same time. To use on multiple machines concurrently, you need multiple licenses e.g. for 5 machines to perform extraction, you will need 5 Face Extractor licenses.

luckyluke1977 wrote:2nd if the answer to the 1st question is no , then you dont need to answer the 2nd one .. but my code hangs on following line
if (!NLicense.obtainComponents("/local", 5000, components)){}....
its giving me no error my trial sdk is running ist connected .. where do i have to put the Nlicensing.cfg file so it will be read ??

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard and send it to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby dngeorgiev » Aug 31, 2018 07:42

Hello,

We are going to use your VeriLook SDK for a project, but before buying it, we are using the Trial version to test it for our needs. I"m writing the project in C#, I"ve used the Activation Wizard to activate the VeriLook SDK, but when I use it, it says that it can"t obtain "Face Extractor", "Face Client" and "Face Matcher". It was working at some point, then it stopped working, and now it isn"t working again. It only obtains the "Face Capturer" and "Devices.Camera", but we need the rest as well.

Best Regards,
Dani Nedelchev
dngeorgiev
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 31, 2018 07:39

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Sep 03, 2018 12:03

dngeorgiev wrote:Hello,

We are going to use your VeriLook SDK for a project, but before buying it, we are using the Trial version to test it for our needs. I"m writing the project in C#, I"ve used the Activation Wizard to activate the VeriLook SDK, but when I use it, it says that it can"t obtain "Face Extractor", "Face Client" and "Face Matcher". It was working at some point, then it stopped working, and now it isn"t working again. It only obtains the "Face Capturer" and "Devices.Camera", but we need the rest as well.

Best Regards,
Dani Nedelchev


Use Activation Wizard and generate the diagnostic and send it to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Previous

Return to Public

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests