Run Face Recognition Sample in Android Studio

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Run Face Recognition Sample in Android Studio

Postby shirishtumma » Mar 08, 2016 12:05

Hello,

I am using Neurotec_Biometric_5_0_SDK and I am failing to import the Android Sample in my Android studio.

Path : Neurotec_Biometric_5_0_SDK/Samples/Biometrics/Android/multibiometric-sample

Can you please tell me how to import the project sample in android studio?

Thanks & Regards,
Shirish
shirishtumma

Re: Run Face Recognition Sample in Android Studio

Postby vaidasz » Mar 09, 2016 10:32

shirishtumma wrote:Hello,

I am using Neurotec_Biometric_5_0_SDK and I am failing to import the Android Sample in my Android studio.

Path : Neurotec_Biometric_5_0_SDK/Samples/Biometrics/Android/multibiometric-sample

Can you please tell me how to import the project sample in android studio?

Thanks & Regards,
Shirish

Hello Shirish,

First of all, if you are developing a new application I would strongly recommend you to update the SDK to the latest one, which is Neurotec Biometic 9.0 SDK.
I have sent you an instructions to your e-mail as the file is too large for the forum.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby jemaystermind » Apr 12, 2016 10:02

Hi vaidasz,

Can you send me the instructions too? I have trouble making the provided samples run using Android Studio too.

Thanks,
Jemay
jemaystermind

Postby Martynas » Apr 13, 2016 07:19

jemaystermind wrote:Hi vaidasz,

Can you send me the instructions too? I have trouble making the provided samples run using Android Studio too.

Thanks,
Jemay

sent by email.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby kennyjonn » May 23, 2016 21:37

Hi Martynas,

Can you send me the instructions too?

Thanks
kennyjonn

Postby Martynas » May 24, 2016 06:20

Hi,

which version of the Android Studio are you using?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby yornel13 » Aug 12, 2016 21:48

can you sent meinstructions? thanks!
yornel13

Postby Martynas » Aug 17, 2016 08:45

Hello,

at the moment it is not possible to import our provided samples and tutorials into Android Studio 2.x, as samples and tutorials are built by using a Maven and it is not supported since the Android Studio 2.x. The release of the samples and tutorials built as Gradle projects are planned in upcoming next two weeks.
In case if you are using Android Studio 1.5.x, then import samples and tutorials as existing Maven project.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby dlmontano » Nov 08, 2016 04:00

Hello, I have been trying to run the multibiometric-sample-android project on Android Studio 2.2.2.

I downloaded Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDK_Trial_2016-10-18.zip and could import the project into Android Studio using the gradle contained in the directory of the sample, but when I try to run or debug the app (it starts with VeriLook) it keeps crashing when trying to create a NFaceView, failing at loading the nfaceview_attributes_expression_unspecified String, and showing the following notification: String resource ID #0x7f020013.

I think the project was not properly imported as there were warnings after the import and I have not been able to import the projects found in the route /Samples/Common/Android of the SDK.

I am using an Aratek BM7500C running Android 5.1 to test the development.

I would appreciate it, if you coul help me with this issues and provide me with some highlights about how to properly import these projects.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely,

Diego
dlmontano

Postby Martynas » Nov 08, 2016 11:47

Hi,

have you imported the sample as it is described int he documentation section "7.4.1 Gradle"?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby dlmontano » Nov 10, 2016 18:14

Hello Martynas,

I followed the procedure you suggested and the gradle build finished succesfully.

But when I try to execute the program, I find two issues.

The first is that the project only runs in debug mode, since when I try to run the application normally, a System AlertDialog in the tablet appears with the following message:

Code: Select all
[i][b]Waiting For Debugger[/b]

Application Biometrics(process com.neurotec.samples.multibiometric) is waiting for the debugger to attach[/i]

with a button labeled [b][i]FORCE CLOSE[/i][/b], and the mentioned debugger never gets attached.

The second is that the app keeps crashing in the same exact place, and I keep receiving the same exception message:
[b][i]String resource ID #0x7f020013[/i][/b].

By debugging, I found the line that crashes: Line 249 of the NFaceView class which goes like this:

[i]this.mExpressionMap.put(NLExpression.UNSPECIFIED, context.getString(string.nfaceview_attributes_expression_unspecified));[/i]

The exception thrown is [i][b]android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException[/b][/i].

I'm including the stack trace just in case it brings light on this issue, but the lines reported are different from what I see in AndroidStudio:

[i]com.neurotec.samples.multibiometric E/FaceActivity: Exception
                                                                                 android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: String resource ID #0x7f020013
                                                                                     at android.content.res.Resources.getText(Resources.java:322)
                                                                                     at android.content.res.Resources.getString(Resources.java:420)
                                                                                     at android.content.Context.getString(Context.java:382)
                                                                                     at com.neurotec.biometrics.view.NFaceView.loadStrings(NFaceView.java:288)
                                                                                     at com.neurotec.biometrics.view.NFaceView.initComponents(NFaceView.java:339)
                                                                                     at com.neurotec.biometrics.view.NFaceView.<init>(NFaceView.java:258)
                                                                                     at com.neurotec.samples.multibiometric.faces.FaceActivity.onCreate(FaceActivity.java:165)
                                                                                     at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6092)
                                                                                     at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1112)
                                                                                     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2468)
                                                                                     at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2595)
                                                                                     at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:178)
                                                                                     at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1470)
                                                                                     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:111)
                                                                                     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:194)
                                                                                     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5631)
                                                                                     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
                                                                                     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
                                                                                     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:959)
                                                                                     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:754)[/i]

I have to make clear that right now I'm using the non-trial version of the SDK and got rid of the trial version, since I got licenses for the Android versions of FingerClient, FingerMatcher, FaceClient and FaceMatcher, and the trial license of the SDK stopped working after just two days informing that it expired.

In order to continue my development, I "hacked" my way my way into the VeriFinger module by modifying the AndroidManifest and placing the the VeriFinger Activities before the VeriLook Activities.

I'm getting issues with these licenses, since even though I have entered one of the values into a file named Licenses.lic, in the official licences directory for Android but the following messages appear in the log cat:

[i]E/Core/ErrorSuppressed: Invalid license file
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.FingerDetection' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.FingerExtraction' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.FingerMatching' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.FingerMatchingFast' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Devices.FingerScanners' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Images.WSQ' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.Standards.FingerTemplates' license failed.
I/LicensingManager: Obtaining 'Biometrics.Standards.Fingers' license failed.[/i]

I don't know if these files should have specific names or how the values (the values that start with :) should be contained in them, since I was given this values from my country's local distributor with no further information on how to use them.

I would appreciate it if you could help me with this, I apologize for this long post and I hope this information can be used to find a solution for the issues I'm having.

THank you very much for your attention.

Sicerely,

Diego Montano
dlmontano

Postby Martynas » Nov 11, 2016 11:29

Hello Diego,

dlmontano wrote:The first is that the project only runs in debug mode, since when I try to run the application normally, a System AlertDialog in the tablet appears with the following message

Could you please provide detailed steps how to reproduce this issue? as i am not able to reproduce the same on my side.

dlmontano wrote:The second is that the app keeps crashing in the same exact place, and I keep receiving the same exception message:

I was able to reproduce this issue on our side too. I have passed it to our developers. I will return to you as soon as I will get a solution for this issue from them.

dlmontano wrote:I don't know if these files should have specific names or how the values (the values that start with :) should be contained in them, since I was given this values from my country's local distributor with no further information on how to use them.

Probably you received serial numbers. In such case you need to copy these strings to *.sn files (one string per one file). then you need to copy them to Licenses folder on your device. Run the sample application and go to Activation activity. It should display your *.sn files in it. You need to select them and activate them.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby dixitarjun » Feb 27, 2018 12:18

@vaidasz I am encountering same issue with Android Studio. I"ve sent you a private message with my email can you please send me the instruction and files?
dixitarjun

Postby Martynas » Feb 27, 2018 15:09

dixitarjun wrote:@vaidasz I am encountering same issue with Android Studio. I"ve sent you a private message with my email can you please send me the instruction and files?

could you please indicate which exact SDK version are you using and what exact issues you have met?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby dixitarjun » Mar 02, 2018 12:52

Martynas wrote:could you please indicate which exact SDK version are you using and what exact issues you have met?

I"m using VeriEye 10.0 SDK . I"ve the error logs where am I supposed to send them Martynas?

Arjun Dixit
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
dixitarjun

Postby Martynas » Mar 02, 2018 15:55

Hello,

you can report all your issues to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Return to Public