Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: oracle database with the sdk [SQL]

Postby vaidasz » Feb 24, 2014 11:09

alikamran wrote:how to save image and user id etc in oracle database any help

Hello,

We have received your e-mail as well.
Due to intended limitations FreeFingerprintVerification SDK can not be used with other databases. It has integrated SQLite database.
Our other products can be used with external databases. Verifinger SDK 30-days trial can be downloaded from our web-site: http://neurotechnology.com/download.htm ... _sdk_trial
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

How to get the fingerprint image from a 4000B to SQL Databas

Postby eurekmii » Jun 18, 2014 03:20

I"m currently using digital Persona biometrics U.are.U 4000B fingerprint reader and I"m using Neurotechnology for its SDK. And I have a sample program that can get the fingerprint from the scanner but I don"t have any idea how to get the fingerprint image from the neurotech database so I could store it in the SQL Database?
eurekmii

Re: Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

Postby Martynas » Jun 20, 2014 06:18

eurekmii wrote:I"m currently using digital Persona biometrics U.are.U 4000B fingerprint reader and I"m using Neurotechnology for its SDK. And I have a sample program that can get the fingerprint from the scanner but I don"t have any idea how to get the fingerprint image from the neurotech database so I could store it in the SQL Database?

Hello,

which exact SDK are you using?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby CorePoint » Nov 14, 2014 14:40

Hi,

I have fingerprints in jpg formats about 50. And i want to get pixel of core point. Can you help me?
CorePoint

Postby Martynas » Nov 17, 2014 09:30

CorePoint wrote:Hi,

I have fingerprints in jpg formats about 50. And i want to get pixel of core point. Can you help me?

Hello,

which exact SDK are you using?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

only allows saving 10 entries [FFV]

Postby DanielFL » Jan 22, 2015 17:34

buy UareU but Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv library only allows saving 10 entries, and I need to save more, what should I do? :o

Admin: merged to "FFV SDK questions"
DanielFL

Re: only allows saving 10 entries [FFV]

Postby Martynas » Jan 23, 2015 11:53

DanielFL wrote:buy UareU but Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv library only allows saving 10 entries, and I need to save more, what should I do? :o

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK has some limitations as only 10 users enrollment and only verification. If you need to enroll more than 10 users, then you should consider to use the VeriFinger SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

VS c# app development using FFV SDK

Postby curly » Apr 16, 2015 18:00

I am trying to implement an app using VS C#, to capture the finger prints from *two* scanners.

The app needs to perform:
1) enrollment to database (ID and finger prints)
2) ID lookup according to scanned finger prints, return ID

I do find FFV SDK some functions quite useful, and would like to use some of the functions directly in my app. Since I am quite new in C#, how would I import the FFV SDK as "library" or "modules" to my Visual Studio 2015 C# interface?

Or is this even possible?

Thanks!

curly

Re: VS c# app development using FFV SDK

Postby Martynas » Apr 22, 2015 07:41

curly wrote:I am trying to implement an app using VS C#, to capture the finger prints from *two* scanners.

The app needs to perform:
1) enrollment to database (ID and finger prints)
2) ID lookup according to scanned finger prints, return ID

I do find FFV SDK some functions quite useful, and would like to use some of the functions directly in my app. Since I am quite new in C#, how would I import the FFV SDK as "library" or "modules" to my Visual Studio 2015 C# interface?

Or is this even possible?

Thanks!

Hi,

you need to add the Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll as reference into your C # application, to be able to use the functionality of the FFV SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Omari » Apr 22, 2015 21:23

Hello i have followed the instruction for Java and eclipse and i get
Launching New configuration working directory does not exist:
FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK/bin/Win32_x86/Nff.jar

vaidasz wrote:
seraphis wrote:Hi
I"m trying to import the java free fingerprint verification SDK into an eclipse project but i just can"t figure it out. Can anyone help me. Thanx.

Hello,

Here is intructions for Java and Eclipse:
1. Start Eclipse
2. Select Workspace as FreeFingerprintVerificationSDKsamplesJava
Specify full path to the Java folder
3. File -> New -> Java Project
4. Enter project name as NffvJavaSample, click Finish
5. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) and select Properties
6. Go to Java Build Path -> Libraries
7. Press Add External JARs
8. Select FreeFingerprintVerificationSDKinWin32_x86Nffv.jar
9. Open NffvApplication.java (NffvJavaSample -> src ->NffvSample) and comment the following line
this.setIconImage(new ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("/img/logo.png")).getImage());
10. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) and select Properties
11. Go to Run/Debug Settings, mark NffvApplication and click Edit button
12. Go to Arguments, change Working directory to other and specify
FreeFingerprintVerificationSDKinWin32_x86
13. Click Apply, OK and OK once again.
14. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) -> Run As -> Java Application.
Omari

Postby Omari » Apr 22, 2015 22:51

Hi I ran the java samples on Free FingerPrint Verification SDK in eclipse i am getting the below errors please can anyone help me to fix this errors

at NffvSample.ScannerModules.<init>(ScannerModules.java:35)
at NffvSample.NffvApplication.<init>(NffvApplication.java:13)
at NffvSample.NffvApplication.main(NffvApplication.java:23)
Thank you
Omari

Postby Omari » Apr 22, 2015 23:13

Hi i ran the sample code using command prompt in Java in the Free FingerPrint Verification SDK and i got the below errors when running NffvApplication.java :Please can anyone help me fix this errors

cannot find the symbol
public class NffvApplication extends JFrame implements Panel container{
symbol class Panel container

NffvApplication.java cannot find symbol
setPanel(new ScannerModules(this));
symbol: class ScannerModules
Omari

Postby Martynas » Apr 23, 2015 07:24

Omari wrote:Hi i ran the sample code using command prompt in Java in the Free FingerPrint Verification SDK and i got the below errors when running NffvApplication.java :Please can anyone help me fix this errors

cannot find the symbol
public class NffvApplication extends JFrame implements Panel container{
symbol class Panel container

NffvApplication.java cannot find symbol
setPanel(new ScannerModules(this));
symbol: class ScannerModules

Hello,

please provide the full exception message.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby 00matrix00 » May 09, 2015 20:43

Hi,
I have the following errors when I ran the VeriFinger 7.1 Standard SDK using C# with Visual Studio IDE on Windows 8:
• When I use the sample of fingerprint, an exception of “Invalid Sample resolution” . I tried images from FVC2000, FVC2002, and FVC2004 with 500 dpi resolution and all of them create the same error.
• Using C# Tutorial on Windows 8, an exception popup during the run time. How can I solve this issue?

An unhandled exception of type :
‘System.TypeInitializationException’ occurred on EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe
Additional Information: the type initializer for ‘Neurotec.licensing.Nlicense’ throws an exception.
00matrix00

Postby Martynas » May 11, 2015 08:53

Hello,

• When I use the sample of fingerprint, an exception of “Invalid Sample resolution” . I tried images from FVC2000, FVC2002, and FVC2004 with 500 dpi resolution and all of them create the same error.

The resolution should be written in the image details (you can open the image i.e. with IrfanView to check if the correct resolution is set) or you need to set the correct resolution to loaded NImage, by using the NImage.HorzResolution and NImage.VertResolution before using it.

• Using C# Tutorial on Windows 8, an exception popup during the run time. How can I solve this issue?

An unhandled exception of type :
‘System.TypeInitializationException’ occurred on EnrollFingerFromImageCS.exe
Additional Information: the type initializer for ‘Neurotec.licensing.Nlicense’ throws an exception.

Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007B
Error “An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)" is thrown, when the application is trying to load incorrect dlls. i.e. if your application is compiled with configuration “win64_x64” and the application is loading 32 bit dlls.
Or i.e. you have compiled the application with “AnyCPU” configuration and you are running the application on 64 bit OS and the application is loading 32 bit dlls.
Please check what configuration is used to build your application and if the correct dlls are loaded.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby jbp_developer » Jun 30, 2015 21:53

I Need help!!!

I have a two template
template1=whit finger index hand left+finger little hand left+finger medium hand left
and i have an other template
template2= whit finger index hand right +finger little hand left + finger thumb hand rigth,
but not matched template1 and template2, but template1 and template2 have a une finger similitation finger little left,
can you help me wiht samples!! thanks....
jbp_developer

Postby Martynas » Jul 01, 2015 10:33

jbp_developer wrote:I Need help!!!

I have a two template
template1=whit finger index hand left+finger little hand left+finger medium hand left
and i have an other template
template2= whit finger index hand right +finger little hand left + finger thumb hand rigth,
but not matched template1 and template2, but template1 and template2 have a une finger similitation finger little left,
can you help me wiht samples!! thanks....

The answer was provided by email.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

need help in fingerprint verification

Postby alphacross » Aug 05, 2015 19:03

Hello, i have a problem here
lets say i have enrolled Tommy, Jenny and Mark fingerprints into a List, so it goes like this:

[Tommy]
[Jenny]
[Mark]

When Tommy scanned his fingerprints, Tommy Succeeds the verification on first try.
But when Mark Scanned his fingerprints, he need to scan it 3 times to pass the verification as he"s third on the list.
is there any way to get Mark pass the verification with only one scan?

Im using Free Fingerprint Verification SDK and developing in C#

alphacross

Postby alphacross » Aug 05, 2015 20:10

can i do verification process against all of fingerprints at once instead of selecting which fingerprint to match?
im using FFV SDK
alphacross

Re: need help in fingerprint verification

Postby Martynas » Aug 06, 2015 08:31

Hello,

alphacross wrote:Hello, i have a problem here
lets say i have enrolled Tommy, Jenny and Mark fingerprints into a List, so it goes like this:

[Tommy]
[Jenny]
[Mark]

When Tommy scanned his fingerprints, Tommy Succeeds the verification on first try.
But when Mark Scanned his fingerprints, he need to scan it 3 times to pass the verification as he"s third on the list.
is there any way to get Mark pass the verification with only one scan?

Im using Free Fingerprint Verification SDK and developing in C#

you need to define which finger you want to verify with.

alphacross wrote:can i do verification process against all of fingerprints at once instead of selecting which fingerprint to match?
im using FFV SDK

No, as verification against all fingerprints is called identification (1:N matching) and this functionality is not provided in the FFV SDK. If you need the identification functionality then you should consider VeriFingeror MegaMatcherSDK usage.
30-day trial versions of SDKs, providing full functionality could be downloaded from our website.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby blabla » Aug 07, 2015 15:02

hi, im using solution x100c. but its not in ffv scanner database. how do i add them ??
blabla

Postby Martynas » Aug 10, 2015 06:23

blabla wrote:hi, im using solution x100c. but its not in ffv scanner database. how do i add them ??

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK can be used only with scanners which are supported.
In case of the VeriFinger/MegaMatcher SDKs you can use the scanners SDK to get the image and use it in VeriFinger/MegaMatcher SDK, or you can create your own NdmPlugin, which will be seen in our provided device manager. Or we can integrate the scanner into our SDK, but for this wee need to have at least one scanner in our office for permanent usage and the permission from the scanner manufacturer to do that.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Problem while running NffvApplication on 64 bit platform.

Postby sensumanta » Aug 11, 2015 12:32

Hi,

While implementing a solution using your sample Java code on 64 bit Windows 7 and on Windows 8, based on Java 1.7/ Java 1.8, I came across the below mentioned error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:Program Files (x86)NeurotechnologyFreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0inWin32_x86NffvJavaNative.dll: Can"t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

The code successfully compiled, but at runtime it is encountering the above problem. Can you pls. guide us with getting around the problem?

Thanks,
Sumanta.

sensumanta

Re: Problem while running NffvApplication on 64 bit platform

Postby Martynas » Aug 12, 2015 07:15

sensumanta wrote:Hi,

While implementing a solution using your sample Java code on 64 bit Windows 7 and on Windows 8, based on Java 1.7/ Java 1.8, I came across the below mentioned error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:Program Files (x86)NeurotechnologyFreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0inWin32_x86NffvJavaNative.dll: Can"t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

The code successfully compiled, but at runtime it is encountering the above problem. Can you pls. guide us with getting around the problem?

Thanks,
Sumanta.

Hello,

The Free Fingerprint Verification SDK is designed for 32 bit platform. So if you need to use it with the Java, then ensure that JVM is 32 bit too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Problem while running NffvApplication on 64 bit platform

Postby sensumanta » Aug 14, 2015 13:28

Martynas wrote:The Free Fingerprint Verification SDK is designed for 32 bit platform. So if you need to use it with the Java, then ensure that JVM is 32 bit too.

Thanks it worked!!

Sumanta.
sensumanta

Enrollment failed reason no scanner error

Postby sensumanta » Aug 14, 2015 13:52

Hi,

We"re facing a problem with the finger print scanner(Digital Persona eikon 710). While enrolling users it is either getting timed out or
displays "Enrollment failed. Reason: No scanner".

We have installed drivers from FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0installFingerprint ScannersUpek

Pls. let us know about the resolution to the problem.

Thanks,
Sumanta.

sensumanta

Re: Enrollment failed reason no scanner error

Postby Martynas » Aug 17, 2015 08:40

sensumanta wrote:Hi,

We"re facing a problem with the finger print scanner(Digital Persona eikon 710). While enrolling users it is either getting timed out or
displays "Enrollment failed. Reason: No scanner".

We have installed drivers from FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0installFingerprint ScannersUpek

Pls. let us know about the resolution to the problem.

Thanks,
Sumanta.

Hello,

EikonTouch 710 is not supported in Free Fingerprint Verification SDK. It is supported in VeriFinger and MegaMatcher SDKs. you can download a 30-day trial version of it from here.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Free FingerPrint SDK in C#

Postby jhonix22 » Dec 22, 2015 17:39

I"m trying to manipulate the code in C#, i wanted to get the value of the scanned finger because the c# sample in the SDK has a verification button which will only get the value of the selected user enrolled in the list then compared the results which i cannot locate where.

please help me what line of code or syntax i will be able to get the value. Because im planning to make it automatic every time a finger was scanned then automatically or programmatically locate it in the database and return true or false.

Thank You!

jhonix22

Re: Free FingerPrint SDK in C#

Postby MartynasV » Dec 28, 2015 11:58

jhonix22 wrote:I"m trying to manipulate the code in C#, i wanted to get the value of the scanned finger because the c# sample in the SDK has a verification button which will only get the value of the selected user enrolled in the list then compared the results which i cannot locate where.

please help me what line of code or syntax i will be able to get the value. Because im planning to make it automatic every time a finger was scanned then automatically or programmatically locate it in the database and return true or false.

Thank You!

Hello,

i wanted to get the value of the scanned finger

When you scan fingerprint, you get only image(here you can find that image: NSubject.Fingers[0].Image).

Look into tutorials, they show how to perform specific tasks: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS".

From scanner you get fingerprint image, then you extract template(NTemplate, it stores extracted features), that template is used in matching(NSubject contains NTemplate). How to do that is shown in tutorials.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Tolulope » Feb 16, 2016 23:06

when running the FFV c# sample, it kept showing scanner timeout error with UareU 4500 Scanner, please help!
Tolulope

Postby Martynas » Feb 17, 2016 08:44

Hello,

did you install drivers for the UareU, provided in "install" folder of the downloaded SDK?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby ocmax » May 16, 2016 06:31

Hello,

I recently installed the FFK version of your SDK. I ran into the issue ("No Scanner Found") and would like your prompt response on how to resolve it. I would like to mention that I installed the UandU driver contained in the install directory of the SDK and had the computer restarted. I can also confirm that upon inserting the device on the computer (running windows 10), there is an indication that the device is connected.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Regards
ocmax

Postby Martynas » May 16, 2016 07:59

Hello,

please write an email to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Martynas » Jul 04, 2016 10:05

millahjovich wrote:Could you provide more details on your issue? Have you modified the sample source code?
You mentioned that you have created default database. How was it done?
It could be a situation that database is corrupted. So could you try to delete FingerprintDB.vb6.dat and UserDB.vb6.dat files from bin folder?
Best regards,

Hello Millah,

the issue, this customer was receiving, was related to different scanner drivers usage.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby brother_fox » Aug 19, 2016 06:59

Hello!

I am using FFV in my vb .net project on visual studio 2015 and i have 2 futronic fs80 connected, its possible to verificate two users together in one time?
brother_fox

Postby Martynas » Aug 23, 2016 07:40

Hello,

no, it is not possible in the FFV SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby brother_fox » Aug 24, 2016 16:43

Martynas wrote:Hello,

no, it is not possible in the FFV SDK.

Thankx for answer!

Ok, if it not posible in one time, maybe its posible with in 0,2 or 0,5 sec one by one? If yes, can you provide .net vb code sample?

Thank you in advance!
brother_fox

Postby Martynas » Aug 26, 2016 08:09

Hello,

did i understand you correctly and you want to perform the verification of the persons finger from the scanner against each records in the database? If yes, then such action is called an identification (1:N matching) and it is not permitted in the FFV SDK. It is limitation of the FFV SDk to allow only a verification (1:1 matching) and and you will need to scan fingerprint for each verification with the different user from the database.
If you need to perform the identification, then consider to use VeriFinger SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby brother_fox » Aug 29, 2016 08:18

did i understand you correctly and you want to perform the verification of the persons finger from the scanner against each records in the database? If yes, then such action is called an identification (1:N matching) and it is not permitted in the FFV SDK. It is limitation of the FFV SDk to allow only a verification (1:1 matching) and and you will need to scan fingerprint for each verification with the different user from the database.
If you need to perform the identification, then consider to use VeriFinger SDK.

Hi again!
The scenario is:

Operator have two listboxes with registered users, he choose one of them from first listbox and another one from second listbox. Also, two fs80 are connected to PC and after operator press "verify" first fs80 scan fingerprint and verify with choosen user from first listbox and after 0,5 sec scan fingerprint from second fs80 and verify with choosen user from second listbox. If both verification is positive - then print "all ok!".
brother_fox

Postby Martynas » Aug 30, 2016 07:39

Hello,

it is not possible to use two or more fingerprint readers in FFV SDK. But your scenario is possible with the one fingerprint scanner too: you use one scanner and use it to verify with person from the first list and then to verify with the person from the second list. But both list will have same 10 users, as FFV SDK allows to use only one database of 10 users.
So in general you can use the one list - and perform the first verification for the one person from that list and then the verification with the second person from the same list. If both verifications are correct, then you can print the required message.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby brother_fox » Sep 01, 2016 13:58

it is not possible to use two or more fingerprint readers in FFV SDK. But your scenario is possible with the one fingerprint scanner too: you use one scanner and use it to verify with person from the first list and then to verify with the person from the second list. But both list will have same 10 users, as FFV SDK allows to use only one database of 10 users.
So in general you can use the one list - and perform the first verification for the one person from that list and then the verification with the second person from the same list. If both verifications are correct, then you can print the required message.

Thanx, Martynas.
Yes, the database of personas is only one.
Solved in FFV SDK, it worked with two futronic fs-80.
brother_fox

Postby aessra » Feb 07, 2017 06:19

Can i use this SDK in order to develop a custom Ionic/Cordova plugin?
aessra

Postby Martynas » Feb 07, 2017 10:25

aessra wrote:Can i use this SDK in order to develop a custom Ionic/Cordova plugin?

Hello,

we do not support HTML5, CSS and JS.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

FFV SDK VB.Net integration problem

Postby kheme » Sep 04, 2017 11:38

Hello,

So I"m trying to develop a VB.Net application using the FFV SDK, and I am not able to make any reasonable headway.

Even the sample applications do NOT work! It seems as though the applications cannot even detect the scanner because when I run any of the (Vb.net, cSharp, Java or CPP), I get the same message...
Enrollment was not finished. Reason: no scanner

The device I"m using is the USB CrossMATCH Verifier 300 LC 2.0

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please??
kheme

Postby Martynas » Sep 04, 2017 12:37

Hello,

which exact driver version have you installed for the CrossMatch scanner?
Also I need to notice, that Free Fingerprint Verification (FFV) SDK is very limited and allows to enroll only ten users. Also it allows to perform the verification (1:1 matching) only. Also it uses its proprietary database. If there is a need to use the non-proprietary database with more than 10 users enrolled, or the identification (1:many matching) should be performed, then I would recommend to look at VeriFinger and/or MegaMatcher SDK. There is a 30-day trial version of these SDKs available for download on our website. It provides the full functionality, but requires the Internet connection during usage of the trial SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Previous

Return to Public