Activation and Licensing questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby MartynasV » Mar 26, 2015 10:21

gferen-sg wrote:is there a way to tell neurotechnology service to look for ip and not neurotechnology.com? server is VM, licenses are matcher and client in one LIC file. Internet works over IP only.

Thanks

Hello,

You can activate your licenses on host computer and then in virtual machine obtain licenses using gateway mode.

in pgd.conf:
Mode = Gateway
Address = host ip
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Re: Licensing from Docker

Postby Gaboose » Mar 30, 2015 09:48

Neurotechnology's email support gave me a solution: running the activation service as a network server.

So if you:

1. Uncomment the "mode = server" line in your Bin/Activation/pgd.conf in your host machine (not the docker container) and restart the run_pgd.sh
2. Change "NLicenseObtainComponents(N_T("/local"), N_T("5000") ... " to "NLicenseObtainComponents(N_T("<host machine ip address>"), N_T("5000") ... " in your code, (replacing <host machine ip address> with your host machine ip address of course).

Then it works!
Gaboose

Postby Martynas » May 25, 2015 11:59

sdp_jambi wrote:hello all,

i have a Neurotec Biometric 4.0 SDK. when im lose the serial number how can i get the serial number again ?

Best Regards

Chandra

Hi,

please write an email to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Jgp18 » Jun 18, 2015 12:55

Hello, I made a simple web app to demonstrate voice verification on an azure website. I'm having trouble figuring out how to obtain licenses on the website, as opposed to obtaining the licenses locally. Since I'm using the trial SDK, is it possible for me to obtain the licenses from my web server? If so, what is the best way to go about it? Thank you for any help.
Jgp18

Postby Martynas » Jun 19, 2015 07:33

Jgp18 wrote:Hello, I made a simple web app to demonstrate voice verification on an azure website. I'm having trouble figuring out how to obtain licenses on the website, as opposed to obtaining the licenses locally. Since I'm using the trial SDK, is it possible for me to obtain the licenses from my web server? If so, what is the best way to go about it? Thank you for any help.

Hello,

where your application will be executed: on server or client side?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Jgp18 » Jun 19, 2015 11:56

Martynas wrote:Hello,

where your application will be executed: on server or client side?

I am using asp.net c# for this application and I'm using veriSpeak on server side. I've been trying to get the NLicense.ObtainComponents() function to grab the necessary components remotely but I wasn't sure if this is possible with the trial SDK and I cannot get a remote address to use.
Jgp18

Postby Martynas » Jun 19, 2015 12:05

Jgp18 wrote:I am using asp.net c# for this application and I'm using veriSpeak on server side. I've been trying to get the NLicense.ObtainComponents() function to grab the necessary components remotely but I wasn't sure if this is possible with the trial SDK and I cannot get a remote address to use.

asp.Net is a server side technology. So I can assume that everything will be done on the server side only. Could you confirm it?
Will you bee using the SDK to capture and extract the voice template on client side?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Jgp18 » Jun 19, 2015 12:21

Martynas wrote:asp.Net is a server side technology. So I can assume that everything will be done on the server side only. Could you confirm it?
Will you bee using the SDK to capture and extract the voice template on client side?

Yes, I'm doing everything on server side. I've been capturing voice on client side without using the SDK and I have been using the SDK to extract the voice templates and verify them on server side. I have everything working correctly on localhost, because I can grab the components locally, but I've just been having trouble obtaining the components after publishing the web app on IIS.
Jgp18

Postby Martynas » Jun 19, 2015 12:47

Jgp18 wrote:Yes, I'm doing everything on server side. I've been capturing voice on client side without using the SDK and I have been using the SDK to extract the voice templates and verify them on server side. I have everything working correctly on localhost, because I can grab the components locally, but I've just been having trouble obtaining the components after publishing the web app on IIS.

Hello,

thank you for provided information.
As you wrote in your previous post you are using a trial version of the SDK. There are issues with usage of trial version of the SDK on cloud environments and in such case you need to setup the real machine with the trial SDK running on it (Neurotechnology licensing service should be started on it). Then on cloud environment you can obtain in two ways:

1. the first way is to define the IP address of this real machine in NLicense.ObtainComponents() method.
2. second way is to configure the Neurotechnology licencing service on cloud to work in gateway mode and connect to real machine. Then the "/local" keyword should be used in NLicense.ObtainComponents(). You need to edit the pgd.conf file in Activation folder. It should contain these lines:

Code: Select all
mode = gateway
address = ip_address_of_real_machine

In case of non-trial version of the SDK, these two methods can be used for licensing the application on cloud environment:

1. Dongle with licenses connected to remote machine, which will act as "license server". Cloud application will obtain licenses from this "license server".
2. Internet license files, which requires a connection to our activation server.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Jgp18 » Jun 19, 2015 13:53

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Now I just need to get the activation program to acquire internet access. Diagnostics give me a current IP address on this computer but internet reported IP address is not available so I have to deal with the proxy I'm working on. In the meantime, thank you for your help.
Jgp18

Postby Martynas » Jun 22, 2015 06:45

Hi,

Jgp18 wrote:Diagnostics give me a current IP address on this computer but internet reported IP address is not available so I have to deal with the proxy I'm working on.

does your proxy require an authentication?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Jgp18 » Jun 22, 2015 15:58

Yes, I don't think I can obtain the licenses remotely with the trial unless I run the activation on a machine that's not on a proxy.
Jgp18

Postby Martynas » Jun 23, 2015 07:51

Jgp18 wrote:Yes, I don't think I can obtain the licenses remotely with the trial unless I run the activation on a machine that's not on a proxy.

Hi,

the proxy with authentication is not supported. It is possible to configure the Neurotechnology licensing service to use proxy server without authentication.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby shubham94611 » Jul 16, 2015 05:05

I am getting error as NLicensegetInfo while runing the finger tutorial code..
shubham94611

Error while obtaining license

Postby sumit » Jul 16, 2015 09:50

Hi,
I am getting below exception while trying to obtaining license from an java ejb application running on JBoss server.

Code that i am using to get license:-

if (!NLicense.obtainComponents("/local", 5000, components)) {
            System.err.format("Could not obtain licenses for components: %s%n", components);
            System.exit(-1);
         }

Exception :-

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'NLicenseGetObtainedLicenseInfoN': The specified procedure could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.Function.<init>(Function.java:179) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:430) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:410) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1467) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.<clinit>(NLicense.java:51) [neurotec-licensing.jar:5.1.0.0]
   at com.mq.biometric.BiometricCache.initCache(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at com.mq.biometric.BiometricCache.addBiometric(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at com.mq.credence.beans.remote.iFaceImpl.SubscriberDetailRemoteImpl.addSubscriberIntoCache(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory$ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptor.processInvocation(ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory.java:72) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.WeavedInterceptor.processInvocation(WeavedInterceptor.java:53) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.UserInterceptorFactory$1.processInvocation(UserInterceptorFactory.java:36) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.jpa.interceptor.SBInvocationInterceptor.processInvocation(SBInvocationInterceptor.java:47) [jboss-as-jpa-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.InitialInterceptor.processInvocation(InitialInterceptor.java:21) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.processInvocation(ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.java:53) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.pool.PooledInstanceInterceptor.processInvocation(PooledInstanceInterceptor.java:51) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.invokeInOurTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:228) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   ... 26 more

But when we run the same code from a simple java application ( not deployed on jboss server ) then we are able to get the license.

Please let me know the reason for the above exception.

Thanks
Sumit

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
sumit

Re: Error while obtaining license

Postby Martynas » Jul 16, 2015 10:01

sumit wrote:Hi,
I am getting below exception while trying to obtaining license from an java ejb application running on JBoss server.

Code that i am using to get license:-

if (!NLicense.obtainComponents("/local", 5000, components)) {
            System.err.format("Could not obtain licenses for components: %s%n", components);
            System.exit(-1);
         }

Exception :-

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'NLicenseGetObtainedLicenseInfoN': The specified procedure could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.Function.<init>(Function.java:179) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:430) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:410) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1467) [jna.jar:3.5.2 (b66)]
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.<clinit>(NLicense.java:51) [neurotec-licensing.jar:5.1.0.0]
   at com.mq.biometric.BiometricCache.initCache(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at com.mq.biometric.BiometricCache.addBiometric(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at com.mq.credence.beans.remote.iFaceImpl.SubscriberDetailRemoteImpl.addSubscriberIntoCache(Unknown Source) [CredenceServer.jar:]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) [rt.jar:1.7.0_65]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory$ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptor.processInvocation(ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory.java:72) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.WeavedInterceptor.processInvocation(WeavedInterceptor.java:53) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.UserInterceptorFactory$1.processInvocation(UserInterceptorFactory.java:36) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.jpa.interceptor.SBInvocationInterceptor.processInvocation(SBInvocationInterceptor.java:47) [jboss-as-jpa-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.InitialInterceptor.processInvocation(InitialInterceptor.java:21) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.processInvocation(ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.java:53) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.pool.PooledInstanceInterceptor.processInvocation(PooledInstanceInterceptor.java:51) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   at org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.invokeInOurTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:228) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
   ... 26 more

But when we run the same code from a simple java application ( not deployed on jboss server ) then we are able to get the license.

Please let me know the reason for the above exception.

Thanks
Sumit

Hi,

such error is thrown if the different version SDK dlls are used or the native dlls/so file from the SDK is not loaded by the application.
Please ensure that correct native libraries are used and that they are loaded by your application.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby vaidasz » Jul 20, 2015 14:05

shubham94611 wrote:I am getting error as NLicensegetInfo while runing the finger tutorial code..

Hello,

Please specify the error you get.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

How to Know License Serial Number

Postby gkumar » Aug 07, 2015 05:43

Hello,
I have *.LIC files on an old system (Fingerprint Client.lic and Fingerprint Matcher.lic). I want to know how can I get the Serial Number. I want to deactivate the license on the old pc and install on another new pc. I'm not able to find Serial Number.

gkumar

Re: How to Know License Serial Number

Postby Martynas » Aug 07, 2015 08:10

gkumar wrote:Hello,
I have *.LIC files on an old system (Fingerprint Client.lic and Fingerprint Matcher.lic). I want to know how can I get the Serial Number. I want to deactivate the license on the old pc and install on another new pc. I'm not able to find Serial Number.

Hello,

you do not need the serial number to deactivate the license.
Follow deactivation steps and submit the license file and deactivation id to our website and the serial number will be shown after successful deactivation.
if deactivation steps are not known for you, then please contact us at support@neurotechnology.com and we will provide these steps.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Martynas » Aug 11, 2015 06:26

Veresworth wrote:Are facing the same problem.

Please read the post above.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby gkumar » Aug 11, 2015 11:25

Hello Martynas,

The issue is when i use New Activation Wizard's Deactivation option - it just delete the lic files.

So, if I send you the *.lic files without deactivating; is it possible to know serial number?
gkumar

Postby Martynas » Aug 11, 2015 11:29

gkumar wrote:Hello Martynas,

The issue is when i use New Activation Wizard's Deactivation option - it just delete the lic files.

So, if I send you the *.lic files without deactivating; is it possible to know serial number?

Hi,

yes, you can send the *.lic files to support@neurotechnology.com and we will provide you with serial numbers.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Problems with Licensing using SDK 5.1

Postby Lalopez » Aug 11, 2015 18:11

Hi,

I"m developing an application that access the Neurotechnology server.
This server is already configured, I have acces to it. The Neurotechnology service is up an running.

I make tests and it works fine, so I had to enroll a lot of biometrics, I started with a few hundreds, then thousands and the system was working fine.
My problem comes after a while, after "a random" number of registers, the service starts failing when I try to retrieve the License, more specifically in this section of code:

if (!NLicense.ObtainComponents(licensesIp, licensesPort, lic))
{
      LOG.Error("Error in license --- " + lic);
}

So when I try to create the biometrics template it fails with an "Not Activated Error".

Following the SDK documentation, it says that I must call NLicense.ObtainComponents for every request I want to to, and call a NLicense.ReleaseComponents for each time I called ObtainComponents.
I do that for every register I"m enrolling, so if I enroll 3000 people, I call 3000 times this methods.

Just to be clear, the access to the server is fine, in general it is working as expected, just after some requests it starts failing dramatically, and I can"t restore the service, it must pass like one day for the service to start working again.
Not even restarting the Neurotechnology service in the server I can get to immediatly work the system again.

Could you please guide with something, maybe I"m doing something wrong, maybe the server must be configured in some way.

Note: We have the licenses for Fingerprint Client, Iris Client and Face Client.

Thanks!

Lalopez

Re: Problems with Licensing using SDK 5.1

Postby Martynas » Aug 12, 2015 07:18

Lalopez wrote:Hi,

I"m developing an application that access the Neurotechnology server.
This server is already configured, I have acces to it. The Neurotechnology service is up an running.

I make tests and it works fine, so I had to enroll a lot of biometrics, I started with a few hundreds, then thousands and the system was working fine.
My problem comes after a while, after "a random" number of registers, the service starts failing when I try to retrieve the License, more specifically in this section of code:

if (!NLicense.ObtainComponents(licensesIp, licensesPort, lic))
{
      LOG.Error("Error in license --- " + lic);
}

So when I try to create the biometrics template it fails with an "Not Activated Error".

Following the SDK documentation, it says that I must call NLicense.ObtainComponents for every request I want to to, and call a NLicense.ReleaseComponents for each time I called ObtainComponents.
I do that for every register I"m enrolling, so if I enroll 3000 people, I call 3000 times this methods.

Just to be clear, the access to the server is fine, in general it is working as expected, just after some requests it starts failing dramatically, and I can"t restore the service, it must pass like one day for the service to start working again.
Not even restarting the Neurotechnology service in the server I can get to immediatly work the system again.

Could you please guide with something, maybe I"m doing something wrong, maybe the server must be configured in some way.

Note: We have the licenses for Fingerprint Client, Iris Client and Face Client.

Thanks!

Hello,

it is recommended to obtain licenses on application startup and release them on application end. Multiply calls to obtain of licenses during the program execution are not recommended.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby kiranypatro » Sep 26, 2015 06:38

Hi I am developing neurotechnlogy trial sdk. and i tried to work in local application and copied all the neuretec related dll into my local appl.
And i am getting the problems like System.typeinitlizationexception.

The type initializer for "Neurotec.Biometrics.NIris" threw an exception.
kiranypatro

Postby Martynas » Sep 28, 2015 07:04

kiranypatro wrote:Hi I am developing neurotechnlogy trial sdk. and i tried to work in local application and copied all the neuretec related dll into my local appl.
And i am getting the problems like System.typeinitlizationexception.

The type initializer for "Neurotec.Biometrics.NIris" threw an exception.

Hello,

please provide the full exception message to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Activation using a licence number

Postby bencp » Oct 06, 2015 07:41

Hi all,

I"ve recently retrieved a licence key for the Sentisight software and am wondering where I need to enter the key in order to activate the full version of Sentisight.

Many thanks, Ben!

bencp

Re: Activation using a licence number

Postby Martynas » Oct 08, 2015 10:58

bencp wrote:Hi all,

I"ve recently retrieved a licence key for the Sentisight software and am wondering where I need to enter the key in order to activate the full version of Sentisight.

Many thanks, Ben!

Hi,

activation instructions are provided in the Activation.pdf of the downloaded SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Activation service

Postby gbulfon » Oct 14, 2015 19:07

Hi, You need to have the service activation NBiometricClient started to run?

I wrote this code (its very simple)

NBiometricClient biometricClient = new NBiometricClient {
                UseDeviceManager = true,
                BiometricTypes = NBiometricType.Fingerprint
            };

biometricClient.Initialize(); // init

NDeviceManager dm = biometricClient.DeviceManager;

if (dm != null) {

foreach (NDevice d in dm.Devices) {
                    comboBox1.Items.Add(d);
                }
            }

The code does not fail, but I have no device in the Devices collection. If I run the example It works well.

Its possible that Activation problem or issues related to it ?

I appreciate any help.

-gabriel

gbulfon

Activation Wizard vs pg.exe

Postby gbulfon » Oct 14, 2015 19:09

The activation wizard do the same that pg.exe program ?
It is necessary to run both of them to use neuro framework ?

-gabriel

gbulfon

Re: Activation Wizard vs pg.exe

Postby gbulfon » Oct 14, 2015 19:16

I see its the same program.

-gabriel
gbulfon

Re: Activation service

Postby Martynas » Oct 15, 2015 07:51

gbulfon wrote:Hi, You need to have the service activation NBiometricClient started to run?

I wrote this code (its very simple)

NBiometricClient biometricClient = new NBiometricClient {
                UseDeviceManager = true,
                BiometricTypes = NBiometricType.Fingerprint
            };

biometricClient.Initialize(); // init

NDeviceManager dm = biometricClient.DeviceManager;

if (dm != null) {

foreach (NDevice d in dm.Devices) {
                    comboBox1.Items.Add(d);
                }
            }

The code does not fail, but I have no device in the Devices collection. If I run the example It works well.

Its possible that Activation problem or issues related to it ?

I appreciate any help.

-gabriel

Hello,

you should obtain the license for the component "Devices.FingerScanners" to be able to scan fingerprints.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Activation Wizard vs pg.exe

Postby Martynas » Oct 15, 2015 07:53

gbulfon wrote:The activation wizard do the same that pg.exe program ?
It is necessary to run both of them to use neuro framework ?
gbulfon wrote:I see its the same program.

Hello,

no, it is not the same. Activation Wizard is a helper GUI tool, which helps to activate/deactivate licenses and start/stop Neurotechnology licencing service (pg) in more user friendly way. It is not necessary to have a running Activation Wizard to use the SDK functionality, while Neurotechnology licensing service should be running.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Android Activation and Licensing questions

Postby PoojaKokil » Oct 16, 2015 11:05

Hello,
I am trying to use Android multi-biometric-sample app 30 days trail version. But i am facing licensing issue after running Biometric.apk file i.e "License were not obtained and Operation is not activated."
Please help me to obtain license and add into android application.
PoojaKokil

Postby Martynas » Oct 20, 2015 09:07

PoojaKokil wrote:Hello,
I am trying to use Android multi-biometric-sample app 30 days trail version. But i am facing licensing issue after running Biometric.apk file i.e "License were not obtained and Operation is not activated."
Please help me to obtain license and add into android application.

Hi,

What internet connection are you using(3G, wifi)?
Are you using proxy? If yes, is it with authentication?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Cannot get all components from ObtainComponents

Postby gbulfon » Nov 12, 2015 23:21

I am using this code:
const string Components = "Devices.FingerScanners,Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase,Devices.Cameras";
const string Address = "/local";
const string Port = "5000";

and then I am use NLicense.ObtainComponents(Address, Port, component) to get license from "/local" address and port 5000.

I only get license to Devices.Cameras but not to Devices.FingerScanners or Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase.

What can I do ? If I see the Activation Wizard who still have a week to test the trial.

I appreciate any help.

-gabriel

gbulfon

Re: Cannot get all components from ObtainComponents

Postby Martynas » Nov 13, 2015 09:17

gbulfon wrote:I am using this code:
const string Components = "Devices.FingerScanners,Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase,Devices.Cameras";
const string Address = "/local";
const string Port = "5000";

and then I am use NLicense.ObtainComponents(Address, Port, component) to get license from "/local" address and port 5000.

I only get license to Devices.Cameras but not to Devices.FingerScanners or Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase.

What can I do ? If I see the Activation Wizard who still have a week to test the trial.

I appreciate any help.

-gabriel

Hi,

please generate the diagnostic and send it to support@neurotechnology.com and provide the description of the issue.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

ObtainComponents timeout ?

Postby gbulfon » Nov 19, 2015 12:36

NLicense.ObtainComponents take a very long time. It's possible set a timeout ?
A appreciate that the ObtainComponents take very long time ever. There is a better way to read the licenses from the server ?
gbulfon

Re: ObtainComponents timeout ?

Postby vaidasz » Nov 19, 2015 15:46

gbulfon wrote:NLicense.ObtainComponents take a very long time. It's possible set a timeout ?
A appreciate that the ObtainComponents take very long time ever. There is a better way to read the licenses from the server ?

Hello,

No, it is not possible to set the timeout.
Please specify SDK revision number you are using. It could be found in a text file of SDK root folder.
What license type do you use (dongle or internet licenses)? What OS do you use? What do you mean by saying "very long time"?
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby gbulfon » Nov 19, 2015 19:33

Revision number is 138683
I am using internet license model
Windows 10
Sometimes return after two minutes...sometimes does not return more.
gbulfon

Postby gbulfon » Nov 19, 2015 19:59

This happens on one of my computers. The others, my notebooks with windows 10 works fine.

-gabriel
gbulfon

Postby Martynas » Nov 20, 2015 08:25

gbulfon wrote:Revision number is 138683
I am using internet license model
Windows 10
Sometimes return after two minutes...sometimes does not return more.
gbulfon wrote:This happens on one of my computers. The others, my notebooks with windows 10 works fine.

Hello,

Internet licenses require a connection to our activation server. If there are delays or problems with your internet connection, then the long obtain could happen.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby gkumar » Jan 15, 2016 07:23

Hello,

Is the Cluster Server License discontinued in MegaMatcher SDK 6.0?

If yes, how to upgrade the Cluster Server running on older version 4.5 to take benefit of improvements done in SDK 6.0
gkumar

Postby Martynas » Jan 15, 2016 08:01

gkumar wrote:Hello,

Is the Cluster Server License discontinued in MegaMatcher SDK 6.0?

If yes, how to upgrade the Cluster Server running on older version 4.5 to take benefit of improvements done in SDK 6.0

Hello,

yes, the NClusterServer and NClusterNodes are discontinued in 6.0 version of the SDK.
MegaMatcher Accelerator (Development Edition, Standard or Extended or clustered solution of MMA) should be considered if the NServer is not enough.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby vinodvp » Jan 20, 2016 08:27

Thanks in advance...
I am using verilook for android device. I have purchase license for it and got some .lic file . I put these files on /Neurotechnology/Licenses location for test purpose and it works fine. but problem is when I put a single file on the given location, it work only for one day and next day I have to change another file. Can I use a single file on the correspondence location ?
vinodvp

Postby Martynas » Jan 20, 2016 14:45

vinodvp wrote:Thanks in advance...
I am using verilook for android device. I have purchase license for it and got some .lic file . I put these files on /Neurotechnology/Licenses location for test purpose and it works fine. but problem is when I put a single file on the given location, it work only for one day and next day I have to change another file. Can I use a single file on the correspondence location ?

Hello,

please send the issue description to support@neurotechnology.com and send the license file too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby satising » Jan 22, 2016 11:23

I have purchased single device license (Internet license) and using Android SDK. Mostly used sample code provided in sdk by integrating it to my application.

When I am running application in the internet connection and calling NLicense.obtainComponents(address, port, component); before capturing the image and extracting the face data, all works fine. But when I am launching it next time by turning it offline I am getting error "Operation is not activated".

It is supposed that this device should work offline as well, only the condition is we have to come online in a suggested time interval as per license activation rules, now my question is how and where should I save the activation state of components for reuse after launching application next time in offline mode. And then how to load those activated component without coming to the internet connection.

I am using 6.0.0 SDK of android.

Thanks,
Satinder
satising

Postby Martynas » Jan 25, 2016 07:54

satising wrote:I have purchased single device license (Internet license) and using Android SDK. Mostly used sample code provided in sdk by integrating it to my application.

When I am running application in the internet connection and calling NLicense.obtainComponents(address, port, component); before capturing the image and extracting the face data, all works fine. But when I am launching it next time by turning it offline I am getting error "Operation is not activated".

It is supposed that this device should work offline as well, only the condition is we have to come online in a suggested time interval as per license activation rules, now my question is how and where should I save the activation state of components for reuse after launching application next time in offline mode. And then how to load those activated component without coming to the internet connection.

I am using 6.0.0 SDK of android.

Thanks,
Satinder

Hello,

Internet licenses work in this way:

1. Turn on Internet connection
2. Start your application
3. Obtain licenses in your application. Do not close your application
4. Turn off Internet connection. The license will work for programmed offline period (default is 30 mins).

If the application will be turned off, while the Internet is off, then there will be a need of Internet connection on application restart to obtain the license again.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

PreviousNext

Return to Public