face verification

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

face verification

Postby ardi » May 16, 2018 04:33

Hello,

I am now testing the SamplesFaceVerificationAndroidface-verification-sample. I can not find the function to run the capture screen and the user id is mandatory for the verification function.

But what I want to do is .. I want to always run the capture screen and when people come in front of the screen, it captures the user face automatically and verify that he/she is the registered user in our database or not. if the user has registered, the user information popup.

I would like to have suggestion that is there a way to always run the capture screen, to capture face automatically and to verify user in this way.

Thanks in advance,
Ardi
ardi

Re: face verification

Postby MartynasV » May 16, 2018 06:58

Hello Ardi,
I am now testing the SamplesFaceVerificationAndroidface-verification-sample. I can not find the function to run the capture screen and the user id is mandatory for the verification function.

Capture is run automatically when you call enroll or verify method in NFaceVerifcation API.

But what I want to do is .. I want to always run the capture screen and when people come in front of the screen, it captures the user face automatically and verify that he/she is the registered user in our database or not. if the user has registered, the user information popup.

Depending on this problem description, NFaceVerification product is not for you, you need identification(1:many matching).
Use this example: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\Android\biometrics-tutorials-android\src\main\java\com\neurotec\tutorials\biometrics\EnrollFaceFromImageStream.java", to capture and get stream frames. Then you draw them on screen and on other thread you process them, this way you can make that capturing never stops(frames are continuously drawn on screen).
This tutorial shows how to perform identification: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\Android\biometrics-tutorials-android\src\main\java\com\neurotec\tutorials\biometrics\IdentifyFace.java".
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby ardi » May 16, 2018 10:59

Hello Martynas V,

Thank you for suggestion. I will try with your suggestion.
ardi

Postby ardi » May 17, 2018 03:53

Hello MartynasV,

I am trying to test '"Enroll face from image stream" tutorial but I have no idea how can I get URL for RTSP camera.
I did some research but no luck. Can you please help me?

Thanks.
ardi

Postby MartynasV » May 17, 2018 11:24

ardi wrote:Hello MartynasV,

I am trying to test '"Enroll face from image stream" tutorial but I have no idea how can I get URL for RTSP camera.
I did some research but no luck. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

Hello Ardi,

RTSP URL can be get from IP camera's documentation. Sorry, forgot that tutorial is made only with that option.

How to get your Android device's camera check out "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\Android\biometrics-tutorials-android\src\main\java\com\neurotec\tutorials\biometrics\EnrollFaceFromCamera.java":
Code: Select all
         // Get count of connected devices.
         int count = deviceManager.getDevices().size();
         if (count == 0) {
            throw new RuntimeException("No cameras found, exiting!");
         }
         // Select the first available camera.
         return deviceManager.getDevices().get(0);

Then instead of using "reader = new NMediaReader(source, EnumSet.of(NMediaType.VIDEO), true);" use NCamera(which you get from devices manager):
NCamera camera = (NCamera)device;

Method to start capturing:
camera.startCapturing();

Method to get image:
camera.getFrame();

Method to stop capturing:
camera.stopCapturing();

Basically, you just change reader to camera.

P.S. if you want to get specific camera, then look in NDevice's DisplayName value, it contains "Front" and "Back" values in name for each camera, that way you can identify which camera it is.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby ardi » May 18, 2018 09:15

Hello MartynasV,

Its worked. Thanks for your support.
ardi

Postby ardi » May 21, 2018 09:23

Hello MartynasV,

My project used to work perfectly. But now I am facing the license activation issue.

In my project, I use LICENSE_FACE_EXTRACTION, LICENSE_FACE_DETECTION, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING_FAST, LICENSE_DEVICES_CAMERAS. I already activated these features in my coding.

But When I run the project, it shows Not activated: Biometrics.FaceDetection .
The tutorials provided by neurotech are also facing the same problem when I try to run it. Please give me some suggestions.

P.S I do not change any code in tutorial.

Thanks,
Ardi
ardi

Postby MartynasV » May 21, 2018 10:16

ardi wrote:Hello MartynasV,

My project used to work perfectly. But now I am facing the license activation issue.

In my project, I use LICENSE_FACE_EXTRACTION, LICENSE_FACE_DETECTION, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING_FAST, LICENSE_DEVICES_CAMERAS. I already activated these features in my coding.

But When I run the project, it shows Not activated: Biometrics.FaceDetection .
The tutorials provided by neurotech are also facing the same problem when I try to run it. Please give me some suggestions.

P.S I do not change any code in tutorial.

Thanks,
Ardi

Hello Ardi,

Go to http://pserver.neurotechnology.com via device's browser and send output to support@neurotechnology.com with issue description.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby ardi » May 23, 2018 09:07

Hello Martynas V,

I am facing the problem in showing the matching result after identifying.
Let say, I have 10 templates and a user list which includes user id and name. I enroll these templates with user id by setting nSubject.setId(user_id_in_list);
Then I capture the face and identity it via identity method. The identification is success and I got a score and Id. But this id is not the user id which i use to enroll in enrollment state.

I would like to know how can I get the enrollment ID or is there any other way to match the result with the user id.

Thanks,
Ardi
ardi

Postby MartynasV » May 23, 2018 14:10

ardi wrote:Hello Martynas V,

I am facing the problem in showing the matching result after identifying.
Let say, I have 10 templates and a user list which includes user id and name. I enroll these templates with user id by setting nSubject.setId(user_id_in_list);
Then I capture the face and identity it via identity method. The identification is success and I got a score and Id. But this id is not the user id which i use to enroll in enrollment state.

I would like to know how can I get the enrollment ID or is there any other way to match the result with the user id.

Thanks,
Ardi

Hello Ardi,

With what score did it match?
Where there other matches? Were other matches correct?
Did those two records should have not matched?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby ardi » May 24, 2018 11:01

Hello Martynas V,

It was my mistake. It's ok now. Thanks for the reply. :)

Thanks,
Ardi
ardi

Postby ardi » May 28, 2018 10:17

Hello Martynas V,

The system uses LICENSE_FACE_EXTRACTION, LICENSE_FACE_DETECTION, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING, LICENSE_DEVICES_CAMERAS to do the capturing operation.
It used to capture the face in 3 seconds. But now it takes 5 seconds to capture. I would like to know how can I speed up the capturing ? Please ..
The following are the coding to do capturing ..
NSubject subject = new NSubject();
            NFace face = new NFace();
            face.addPropertyChangeListener(biometricPropertyChanged);
            face.setCaptureOptions(EnumSet.of(NBiometricCaptureOption.STREAM));
            mFaceView.setFace(face);
            subject.getFaces().add(face);

NCamera camera = (NCamera) connectDevice(mBiometricClient.getDeviceManager(), url, source);
            mBiometricClient.setFaceCaptureDevice(camera);
            mBiometricClient.capture(subject, subject, completionHandler);

Thanks,
Ardi
ardi

Postby MartynasV » May 29, 2018 09:19

The system uses LICENSE_FACE_EXTRACTION, LICENSE_FACE_DETECTION, LICENSE_FACE_MATCHING, LICENSE_DEVICES_CAMERAS to do the capturing operation.
It used to capture the face in 3 seconds. But now it takes 5 seconds to capture. I would like to know how can I speed up the capturing ? Please ..
The following are the coding to do capturing ..
NSubject subject = new NSubject();
            NFace face = new NFace();
            face.addPropertyChangeListener(biometricPropertyChanged);
            face.setCaptureOptions(EnumSet.of(NBiometricCaptureOption.STREAM));
            mFaceView.setFace(face);
            subject.getFaces().add(face);

NCamera camera = (NCamera) connectDevice(mBiometricClient.getDeviceManager(), url, source);
            mBiometricClient.setFaceCaptureDevice(camera);
            mBiometricClient.capture(subject, subject, completionHandler);

Thanks,
Ardi

Hello Ardi,

Please provde SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
Can you reproduce the same issue with our unmodified samples? Witch ones?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby ardi » May 29, 2018 09:48

Hello Martynas V,

Thanks for your reply. Here is product revision number: 176566

I have tried to test enroll face from camera in Biometrics tutorials, it takes around 4 seconds (faster than my system).

In my case.. after the capturing success, I call stopCapturing() to let user check the info. If the user click Confirm button, startCapturing() function is called again.

Can it be because of the system try to stop and start the capturing again and again ?
I also want to know if i use MatchingServer, Could it speed up the identification time ?

Thanks,
Ardi
ardi

Postby MartynasV » Jun 11, 2018 12:30

Thanks for your reply. Here is product revision number: 176566

I have tried to test enroll face from camera in Biometrics tutorials, it takes around 4 seconds (faster than my system).

In my case.. after the capturing success, I call stopCapturing() to let user check the info. If the user click Confirm button, startCapturing() function is called again.

Can it be because of the system try to stop and start the capturing again and again ?
I also want to know if i use MatchingServer, Could it speed up the identification time ?

Thanks,
Ardi

Hello Ardi,

It could. If with our unmodified tutorial you seem to get done something faster, than with your application, then it is probably your code that is causing this.

Depends on licenses you are using. With Embedded Face Matcher you will be able to reach up to 3000 matches per seconds, while on PC with Face Matcher license you can reach up to 40 000 matches per second.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public