Minutiae Extraction

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Minutiae Extraction

Postby laxmimenaria » Jan 11, 2018 09:53

Hello,
I"m currently using VeriFinger Standard SDK trial version.
how to use verifinger sdk component for feature extraction in matlab directly?
Last edited by laxmimenaria on Jan 12, 2018 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
laxmimenaria

Re: Minutiae Exxtraction

Postby MartynasV » Jan 11, 2018 15:07

Hello laxmimenaria,

You can load and use C/C++ libraries in Matlab, read their documentation on how to do that: https://se.mathworks.com/help/matlab/re ... n_loc_drop.
How to extract fingerprint template from image in C you can check our tutorial: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\EnrollFingerFromImage" .
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby laxmimenaria » Jan 12, 2018 09:01

MartynasV wrote:Hello laxmimenaria,

You can load and use C/C++ libraries in Matlab, read their documentation on how to do that: https://se.mathworks.com/help/matlab/re ... n_loc_drop.
How to extract fingerprint template from image in C you can check our tutorial: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\EnrollFingerFromImage" .

Thank you,

I tried the sample application for feature extraction, but it is not showing the minutiae feature (x,y coordinates and orientation).Is it possible to add the code for displaying x,y coordinates and angle on the console?
laxmimenaria

Postby MartynasV » Jan 12, 2018 10:19

laxmimenaria wrote:
MartynasV wrote:Hello laxmimenaria,

Thank you,

I tried the sample application for feature extraction, but it is not showing the minutiae feature (x,y coordinates and orientation).Is it possible to add the code for displaying x,y coordinates and angle on the console?

Hello laxmimenaria,

Yes, just add following code for printing out single minutia information:
Code: Select all
   if (biometricStatus == nbsOk)
   {
      printf(N_T("%s template extracted\n"), standard == bsIso ? N_T("ISO") : standard == bsAnsi ? N_T("ANSI") : N_T("Proprietary"));

{
         HNTemplate hNTemplate = NULL;
         HNFTemplate hNFTemplate = NULL;
         HNFRecord hNFRecord = NULL;
         NFMinutia nFMinutia = {NULL};

result = NSubjectGetTemplate(hSubject, &hNTemplate);
         result = NTemplateGetFingersEx(hNTemplate, &hNFTemplate);
         result = NFTemplateGetRecordEx(hNFTemplate, 0, &hNFRecord);
         result = NFRecordGetMinutia(hNFRecord, 0, &nFMinutia);
         printf(N_T("X: %u Y: %u Angle: %d"), nFMinutia.X, nFMinutia.Y, nFMinutia.Angle);
      }
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Re: Minutiae Extraction

Postby laxmimenaria » Jan 12, 2018 14:32

I tried the feature extraction using c language but it give reference errors. Can you please provide the whole code for feature extraction and displaying the information about the minutiae points (including all required header files)?
laxmimenaria

Postby MartynasV » Jan 15, 2018 14:04

laxmimenaria wrote:I tried the feature extraction using c language but it give reference errors. Can you please provide the whole code for feature extraction and displaying the information about the minutiae points (including all required header files)?

Hello laxmimenaria,

Use "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\EnrollFingerFromImage" and add that snippet code after following lines(you should have no errors):
Code: Select all
   if (biometricStatus == nbsOk)
   {
      printf(N_T("%s template extracted\n"), standard == bsIso ? N_T("ISO") : standard == bsAnsi ? N_T("ANSI") : N_T("Proprietary"));
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Minutiae Extraction and matching for FVC datasets

Postby ram288 » Jan 23, 2018 09:11

Hello,

I want to use verifinger for fingerprint verification (minutiae extraction and matching) as per FVC protocol in matlab.
Can you please tell me how to do that in matlab ?
ram288

Re: Minutiae Extraction and matching for FVC datasets

Postby MartynasV » Jan 23, 2018 14:18

ram288 wrote:Hello,

I want to use verifinger for fingerprint verification (minutiae extraction and matching) as per FVC protocol in matlab.
Can you please tell me how to do that in matlab ?

Hello ram288,

For verification(1:1 matching) use following tutorials: "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\Verify"(verify templates), "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\VerifyFinger"(extract templates from fingerprint images and then performs matching).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

How to get minucia of finger?

Postby jjarrieta » Jun 07, 2018 15:44

How to get minucia of finger? Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK_2018-05-30
jjarrieta

Postby Ei Ei Mon » Jun 08, 2018 05:40

Hello,
I am currently using VeriFinger Standard SDK trial version.
Can you please provide the whole code for feature extraction(including all required header files) to display information about the minutiae points (x,y coordinates,orientation, type)?
How to save the fingerprint template as text file(, y, orientation,type)?
Ei Ei Mon

Postby MartynasV » Jun 11, 2018 09:01

Ei Ei Mon wrote:Hello,
I am currently using VeriFinger Standard SDK trial version.
Can you please provide the whole code for feature extraction(including all required header files) to display information about the minutiae points (x,y coordinates,orientation, type)?
How to save the fingerprint template as text file(, y, orientation,type)?

Hello Ei Ei Mon,

See "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\EnrollFingerFromImage" tutorial, then make changes mentioned in this thread.
There is no method to save template as text file, so you will have to write it yourself(how to get various data from template is already shown in this thread).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public