Detecting face attributes in realtime on android

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Detecting face attributes in realtime on android

Postby Oxnard » Dec 19, 2017 04:42

Hello!
I need to detect some face attributes(like gender, age, emotions) in realtime from camera, on my android device. I am trying to use multibiometric-sample-android project, but this attributes I can only obtain after pressing "Capture" button, after that camera takes photo and displays this attributes on it. Is it possible to obtain them with realtime update after camera is aimed at some faces without any button pressing?
Oxnard

Re: Detecting face attributes in realtime on android

Postby MartynasV » Jan 03, 2018 14:32

Oxnard wrote:Hello!
I need to detect some face attributes(like gender, age, emotions) in realtime from camera, on my android device. I am trying to use multibiometric-sample-android project, but this attributes I can only obtain after pressing "Capture" button, after that camera takes photo and displays this attributes on it. Is it possible to obtain them with realtime update after camera is aimed at some faces without any button pressing?

Hello Oxnard,

You can do face detection seamlessly using "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\Android\biometrics-tutorials-android\src\main\java\com\neurotec\tutorials\biometrics\DetectFacialFeaturesFromImageStream.java"("NBiometricOperations.Detect" task) as example(it processes every frame), however additional information(like gender, age, etc., use "NBiometricOperations.DetectSegments" task) detection requires extraction i.e. takes a lot of time, so it is not possible to have realtime detection of gender, age and other features, but you could overcome this issue by processing every n-th frame(that way stream wouldn't lag).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public