saving fingerprint in database

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

saving fingerprint in database

Postby pachou8 » Aug 28, 2017 23:17

Hi,
I"m developing a client/server application. The fingerprint is captured on client side and the image is sent to the server for saving in database and (in an other scenario) for matching with data already saved in database. My questions may sound basic, but they are fundamental to me.

1) Is this the best way to proceed?
2) What fingerprint data should I store in database on server side for better matching?

I already tried to save the image and the template as byte array, but I failed in getting the template as byte array. Please any help is welcome.

Thank you!
pachou8

Re: saving fingerprint in database

Postby MartynasV » Aug 29, 2017 14:22

Hello pachou8,

Are you enrolling data directly to database or you are using our NServer software? Or you are using 3rd party tools to do that?

2) What fingerprint data should I store in database on server side for better matching?

Templates - you must extract templates from images and store them to database. Images are never used in matching, templates are. And extraction process is expensive, so it is better to do it once.

I already tried to save the image and the template as byte array, but I failed in getting the template as byte array. Please any help is welcome.

Example in CSharp:
Code: Select all
subject.GetTemplateBuffer().ToArray();
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby pachou8 » Aug 29, 2017 20:04

Hi MartynasV!
Thank you very much for your answer!
Actually, what I want to achieve is:
- enroll from a fingerprint scanner within a mobile app
- send the image to an asp.net mvc application
- extract the template from the image
- save the template to database as byte array or match the template with existing templates in database.

Thank you!
pachou8

Postby MartynasV » Aug 30, 2017 07:55

Hello pachou8,

- enroll from a fingerprint scanner within a mobile app

"SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\Android\biometrics-tutorials-android\src\main\java\com\neurotec\tutorials\biometrics\EnrollFingerFromScanner.java"

- send the image to an asp.net mvc application

Use some 3rd party libraries to do this.

- extract the template from the image

"SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollFingerFromImageCS"

- save the template to database as byte array or match the template with existing templates in database.

I would suggest to use our SDK API to manage database storing templates.
"SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollToSQLiteDatabaseCS" - enroll biometrics to SQLite database.
"SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\IdentifyOnSQLiteDatabaseCS" - identify biometrics on SQLite database.
These tutorials shows how to work on SQLite database, if you want to use other database you will need to do that using ODBC connection. You just need to use “SetDatabaseConnectionToOdbc” instead of “SetDatabaseConnectionToSQLite”(don't need to change anything else):
Code: Select all
biometricClient.SetDatabaseConnectionToOdbc("Dsn=your_dsn;UID=your_user;PWD=your_password", "your_table_name");

Documentation “4.2.2.2 Database”, “5.2.4 ODBC”.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public