Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

Postby jet » Feb 13, 2009 22:29

Hi,

anyone can help me to fix some error with regards to this project... I am using Visual Basic 6 and i try to use the sample accompany to this.. which is the Visual Basic Project include in this Free FingerPrint Verification SDK.. I am using Digital Persona Finger Print Recognition System ( U are U 4000B Reader ) I already install Digital Persona and create default database Then successful enrollment and verification of finger print is done then i close the project ... but when i try to open the project again an error occurs

this is an error :

Run-time error '-91 (ffffffa5)':
NffvInitializeA:Win32 error in one of Neurotec modules

can you anyone help me to fix this problem.. please.. Thanks in advance Hope you reply as soon as possible.. Thanks again
jet

Re: Problem with Free FingerPrint Verification SDK

Postby Martynas » Feb 17, 2009 12:45

Hi,

Could you provide more details on your issue? Have you modified the sample source code?
You mentioned that you have created default database. How was it done?
It could be a situation that database is corrupted. So could you try to delete FingerprintDB.vb6.dat and UserDB.vb6.dat files from bin folder?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby jet » Feb 26, 2009 06:42

by the way the erroe has been fix.. thanks,,, for your time..

but i have another problem with regards to this... when i add another form.. which is log in form.. to be specific i want to add login form.. form the beginning then when login is succesful why does the form didnt continue..

like this.. the first form will be.. ChooseScannerForm.. then LogInForm that i created... after this LogInForm.. this will be followed by MainForm.. but the MainForm doesnt appear.. what do you think is the problem with that...

and also.. i try to add animation rather i add another form just for introduction an animation thing.. and after that.. the same problem occur.. main form doent continue..

hope you understand my poor english explanation.. thanks in advance..
jet

Postby Martynas » Feb 26, 2009 09:59

Hi,

It is very hard to say what are you doing wrong. The easiest way to find where is the problem is to debug an application step by step.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Bayu Wicaksono » Jul 27, 2010 04:28

hello...
I' ve try to develop application using visual basic 6 too, but i use the Hongda S680 finger print...
i've install my finger scanner, but when i try to run my application it throw error : "Failed to Enroll : No Scanner ".
Why it can not detect my scanner....
Can You Help Me Please ??
Thank You...
Bayu Wicaksono

Postby vaidasz » Jul 28, 2010 07:38

Bayu Wicaksono wrote:hello...
I' ve try to develop application using visual basic 6 too, but i use the Hongda S680 finger print...
i've install my finger scanner, but when i try to run my application it throw error : "Failed to Enroll : No Scanner ".
Why it can not detect my scanner....
Can You Help Me Please ??
Thank You...

Hello Bayu,

Is the scanner recognized by Neurotechnology samples/tutorials? Please contact support@neurotechnology.com and specify all the details on problem your are facing.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

FreeFingerprintSDK Error: Unable to load Nffv.dll

Postby craigtfromatl » Jul 28, 2010 21:24

I've been having some trouble getting the free fingerprint sdk integrated with an existing application. I am able to run the samples w/out getting this error, but continue to receive this error when I utilize the code in an existing winforms app. (.NET)

I'm getting this error:
Unable to load DLL 'Nffv.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

from this line of code:
engine = new Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv(FingerPrintUtilities.GetDatabase(), string.Empty, "Upek");

"FingerprintUtilities" is a class I created to handle some of the basic utilities such as returning the path to the the text file that acts as the database. So "GetDatabase()" returns a string.

"engine" is defined in the class as: "public Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv engine;"

The "Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll" DLL is present and is referenced. For giggles, I found the "Nffv.dll" dll and referenced it, but I then received errors about the licensing service not running. I'd like to use the free version as it more than accomplishes what we're trying to do.

Any ideas off the top of your head as to why I may be receiving this error or how I can get more detailed information on why I'm receiving this error?

Thanks!
Craig

Admin: merged to "FFV SDK questions"
craigtfromatl

Re: FreeFingerprintSDK Error: Unable to load Nffv.dll

Postby vaidasz » Jul 29, 2010 07:24

craigtfromatl wrote:I've been having some trouble getting the free fingerprint sdk integrated with an existing application. I am able to run the samples w/out getting this error, but continue to receive this error when I utilize the code in an existing winforms app. (.NET)

I'm getting this error:
Unable to load DLL 'Nffv.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

from this line of code:
engine = new Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv(FingerPrintUtilities.GetDatabase(), string.Empty, "Upek");

"FingerprintUtilities" is a class I created to handle some of the basic utilities such as returning the path to the the text file that acts as the database. So "GetDatabase()" returns a string.

"engine" is defined in the class as: "public Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv engine;"

The "Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll" DLL is present and is referenced. For giggles, I found the "Nffv.dll" dll and referenced it, but I then received errors about the licensing service not running. I'd like to use the free version as it more than accomplishes what we're trying to do.

Any ideas off the top of your head as to why I may be receiving this error or how I can get more detailed information on why I'm receiving this error?

Thanks!
Craig

Hello Craig,

You should have Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll, Nffv.dll and NffvServer.exe for application your are developing, The best way is to put them to the same directory where your application's executable is. In our SDK, the required files and executable application are in "FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK\bin\Win32_x86" directory.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll

Postby richy101 » Sep 06, 2010 17:51

I am having this error on my application
Load Exception: Could not load file or Assembly 'Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll', Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token= ea4ecf06177ea613,
or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
i am using the free fingerprint verification sdk 1.0.0.2, i want to know what the problem is.
I am using vs 2010 IDE and OS windows 7 64bit. language c#
Thanks

richy101

Re: Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll

Postby Martynas » Sep 07, 2010 11:54

richy101 wrote:I am having this error on my application
Load Exception: Could not load file or Assembly 'Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll', Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token= ea4ecf06177ea613,
or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
i am using the free fingerprint verification sdk 1.0.0.2, i want to know what the problem is.
Thanks

Hello,

please check if the Nffv.dll is loaded with your application. Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll depends on the Nffv.dll. The best solution in this case is to copy all dlls from the SDK folder to your application output folder.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Free FingerPrint Verification SDK - how to delete user

Postby DmitryVasiliev » Sep 17, 2010 10:41

Hello
I'm experimenting with Free FingerPrint Verification SDK and have one question.
How can I remove user from database if I don't need his enrollment information more?
I can't see any method to do this. Could somebody help?
Thanks
DmitryVasiliev

Re: Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

Postby Martynas » Sep 17, 2010 11:13

DmitryVasiliev wrote:Hello
I'm experimenting with Free FingerPrint Verification SDK and have one question.
How can I remove user from database if I don't need his enrollment information more?
I can't see any method to do this. Could somebody help?
Thanks

Hello,
each sample provided with the SDK shows how to delete the user from the database. Please check it.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Database Problem

Postby shobhitkumar4u » Nov 10, 2010 15:53

hi m shobhit kumar chauhan developing a project for fingerprint matching. i've fownload freefingervarificationsdk from this site but i got problem with my database i want to use SQL server in that. how can i do this?

shobhitkumar4u

Postby Martynas » Nov 16, 2010 09:37

shobhitkumar4u wrote:hi m shobhit kumar chauhan developing a project for fingerprint matching. i've fownload freefingervarificationsdk from this site but i got problem with my database i want to use SQL server in that. how can i do this?

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK can use only its proprietary database. If you need to use any other database then you need to consider VeriFinger 6.2 SDK usage.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Please help me with a concise code

Postby adjeiessel » Dec 21, 2010 12:27

Please i am kind of new to Visual Basic .Net but i need to integrate finger print reader into a project i a developing.I have done some research and found out i need sdk to do that which i downloaded you free version .I have been able to run your sample but my problem is to be able to write same codes so that i can scan a finger but i dont really i understand your codes can you please help me do this i would be very grateful.
All i need is to get the finger print from the scanner like and to compare two images .Thank you.
adjeiessel

Re: Please help me with a concise code

Postby Martynas » Dec 22, 2010 12:54

adjeiessel wrote:Please i am kind of new to Visual Basic .Net but i need to integrate finger print reader into a project i a developing.I have done some research and found out i need sdk to do that which i downloaded you free version .I have been able to run your sample but my problem is to be able to write same codes so that i can scan a finger but i dont really i understand your codes can you please help me do this i would be very grateful.
All i need is to get the finger print from the scanner like and to compare two images .Thank you.

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK does not allow to save the scanned image. Also it has limitations on the size of the database. You can consider usage of the VeriFinger 6.2 Standard SDK, which will allow you to save scanned images and have unlimited database. This SDK includes samples and tutorials, which allows customer to see how everything can be implemented.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Unable to enroll again when users are more that 10

Postby adjeiessel » Feb 08, 2011 23:08

Please i have this problem,I have been able to work on my fingerprint project with your free SDK but the problem i have now is.When ever i enroll users to the fingerprint database .dat file it saves up to a maximum of 10 user on the 11th users,it gives me an error message(Invalid operation executed in one of the neurotec module code-7.
Please help me fix the problem i have tried to debug all day but its still not working for me.Please help me am stuck and need your help.
.Please i need help i want to be able to enroll as many users as i want.

Also i really want to understand what is going on within the dat file which seems to be storing the fingerprints.Thank you

adjeiessel

Postby Martynas » Feb 09, 2011 08:29

Hello,

FFV SDK is intended to be used only on systems where maximum 10 fingerprints will be enrolled. It is a limitation of this SDK. If you need to enroll more users then consider VeriFinger 6.3 SDK usage. Comaprison between FFV SDK and VeriFinger SDK can be found here.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Installation Error FFV SDK.

Postby solovei72 » Feb 16, 2011 20:09

Hi. First of all Thanks to that great person who create this website.
I'm new to biometric, but i have a little experience in java programming. My question is it :D if is possible to ask. I have download FFv sdk than installed after that from all program i go to the java sample place , the two build.bat files i runed before from cmd comand,then after from java sample when I try to run NFFvSample.html I get the following error , Could you direct me please what i was doing wrong? This is error from NFFvSample.html
Code: Select all
 Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23
Using JRE version 1.6.0_23-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Qwerty
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

load: class NffvSample.NffvApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NffvSample.NffvApplet.class
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0\samples\Java\NffvJavaSample\NffvSample\NffvApplet\class.class (The system cannot find the path specified)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   ... 9 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NffvSample.NffvApplet.class

And hier is the result when i run build.bat files from cmd

C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0\samples\Java
\NffvJavaSample>build.bat

C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0\samples\Java
\NffvJavaSample>javac -d bin -source 1.5 -target 1.5 -cp ../../../bin/Win32_x86/
Nffv.jar src\NffvSample\*.java
Note: src\NffvSample\NameBinding.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

\NffvJavaSample>jar -cmvf src\manifest.txt ..\..\..\bin\Win32_x86\NffvSample.jar
 -C bin NffvSample img/logo.png
added manifest
adding: NffvSample/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: NffvSample/IDName.class(in = 677) (out= 375)(deflated 44%)
adding: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel$1.class(in = 2104) (out= 1186)(deflated 43%)
adding: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel.class(in = 3606) (out= 1957)(deflated 45%)
adding: NffvSample/MainPanel.class(in = 6707) (out= 3338)(deflated 50%)
adding: NffvSample/NameBinding.class(in = 1576) (out= 836)(deflated 46%)
adding: NffvSample/NffvApplet.class(in = 1557) (out= 888)(deflated 42%)
adding: NffvSample/NffvApplication.class(in = 1237) (out= 717)(deflated 42%)
adding: NffvSample/PanelContainer.class(in = 165) (out= 138)(deflated 16%)
adding: NffvSample/Parameters.class(in = 3322) (out= 1821)(deflated 45%)
adding: NffvSample/ScannerModules.class(in = 2688) (out= 1453)(deflated 45%)
adding: img/logo.png(in = 611) (out= 616)(deflated 0%)

\NffvJavaSample>jarsigner -keystore ..\NffvJavaWrapper\appkey -storepass key123
-keypass key123 -verbose ..\..\..\bin\win32_x86\NffvSample.jar java
 updating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   adding: META-INF/JAVA.SF
   adding: META-INF/JAVA.DSA
   adding: NffvSample/
  signing: NffvSample/IDName.class
  signing: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel$1.class
  signing: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel.class
  signing: NffvSample/MainPanel.class
  signing: NffvSample/NameBinding.class
  signing: NffvSample/NffvApplet.class
  signing: NffvSample/NffvApplication.class
  signing: NffvSample/PanelContainer.class
  signing: NffvSample/Parameters.class
  signing: NffvSample/ScannerModules.class
  signing: img/logo.png

Warning:
The signer certificate will expire within six months.

\NffvJavaSample>copy NffvSample.html ..\..\..\bin\win32_x86\
        1 file(s) copied.

\NffvJavaSample>

And one more
\NffvJavaWrapper>build.bat
A subdirectory or file include already exists.

\NffvJavaWrapper>javac @options @..\specific\Nffv\NffvClasses

\NffvJavaWrapper>copy ..\specific\Nffv\LibraryInfo.txt bin\com\neurotechnology\L
ibrary\
        1 file(s) copied.

\NffvJavaWrapper>copy ..\specific\Nffv\MainLibWindows.xml bin\com\neurotechnolog
y\Library\
        1 file(s) copied.

\NffvJavaWrapper>copy ..\specific\Nffv\fpsmmLibWindows.xml bin\com\neurotechnolo
gy\Library\
        1 file(s) copied.

\NffvJavaWrapper>jar -cvf ..\..\..\bin\Win32_x86\Nffv.jar -C bin com
added manifest
adding: com/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/fpsmmLibWindows.xml(in = 2873) (out= 629)(de
flated 78%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/LibraryInfo.class(in = 1538) (out= 601)(defl
ated 60%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/LibraryInfo.txt(in = 110) (out= 82)(deflated
 25%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/MainLibWindows.xml(in = 103) (out= 56)(defla
ted 45%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/NativeManager.class(in = 3093) (out= 1551)(d
eflated 49%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/NativeObject.class(in = 568) (out= 381)(defl
ated 32%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/NetInstall$Handler.class(in = 1846) (out= 92
4)(deflated 49%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/NetInstall.class(in = 5844) (out= 2805)(defl
ated 52%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/ScannerFiles.class(in = 814) (out= 435)(defl
ated 46%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/Nffv.class(in = 4291) (out= 1979)(deflated 53%)

adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvImage.class(in = 1733) (out= 831)(deflated
52%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvStatus$1.class(in = 793) (out= 490)(deflate
d 38%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvStatus.class(in = 1620) (out= 844)(deflated
 47%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvUser.class(in = 1495) (out= 782)(deflated 4
7%)
adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/ScannerModule.class(in = 442) (out= 290)(deflat
ed 34%)

\NffvJavaWrapper>keytool -genkey -dname "cn=Neurotechnology, ou=JavaSoft, o=Neur
otechnology, c=LT" -alias java -keypass key123 -keystore appkey -storepass key12
3 -validity 360
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Key pair not generated, alias <java> already
 exists

\NffvJavaWrapper>jarsigner -keystore appkey -storepass key123 -keypass key123 -v
erbose ..\..\..\bin\win32_x86\Nffv.jar java
   adding: com/
   adding: com/neurotechnology/
   adding: com/neurotechnology/Library/
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/fpsmmLibWindows.xml
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/LibraryInfo.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/LibraryInfo.txt
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/MainLibWindows.xml
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/NativeManager.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/NativeObject.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/NetInstall$Handler.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/NetInstall.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Library/ScannerFiles.class
   adding: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/Nffv.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvImage.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvStatus$1.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvStatus.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/NffvUser.class
  signing: com/neurotechnology/Nffv/ScannerModule.class

Warning:

\NffvJavaWrapper>javah -classpath ..\..\..\bin\Win32_x86\Nffv.jar -d include\ co
m.neurotechnology.Library.NativeManager

\NffvJavaWrapper>javah -classpath ..\..\..\bin\Win32_x86\Nffv.jar -d include\ co
m.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv

m.neurotechnology.Nffv.NffvUser

\NffvJavaWrapper>

Is it a little to much, for a begginger but i try to make as clearly as possible, Could any one point me where is the mistake Please.
Thank you

solovei72

Runtime Error - Problem with C# test example

Postby vinfo » Feb 28, 2011 20:15

Hi, I´m testing c# example; but when i tried to executed, show me this error:

Runtime Error
Program: ...int_Verification_SDK\FFVSDK\bin\win32_x86\NffvServer.exe

http://www.ciadelinfractor.com/error.jpg

How can solved this problem??

vinfo

Re: Runtime Error - Problem with C# test example

Postby Martynas » Mar 01, 2011 10:00

vinfo wrote:Hi, I´m testing c# example; but when i tried to executed, show me this error:

Runtime Error
Program: ...int_Verification_SDK\FFVSDK\bin\win32_x86\NffvServer.exe

http://www.ciadelinfractor.com/error.jpg

How can solved this problem??

Hi,

which Visual Studio are you using?
Which operating system are you using?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Installation Error FFV SDK.

Postby Martynas » Mar 01, 2011 10:07

solovei72 wrote:Hi. First of all Thanks to that great person who create this website.
I'm new to biometric, but i have a little experience in java programming. My question is it :D if is possible to ask. I have download FFv sdk than installed after that from all program i go to the java sample place , the two build.bat files i runed before from cmd comand,then after from java sample when I try to run NFFvSample.html I get the following error , Could you direct me please what i was doing wrong? This is error from NFFvSample.html

And hier is the result when i run build.bat files from cmd
Is it a little to much, for a begginger but i try to make as clearly as possible, Could any one point me where is the mistake Please.
Thank you

Hi,

which browser are you using when you experience this issue?
What version of Java Runtime are you using?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby vinfo » Mar 01, 2011 17:32

The problem was solved used CSharp example in FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0
Thanks
vinfo

Verifing name before enroll??

Postby vinfo » Mar 02, 2011 12:55

Hello, I working with the FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK, I´m testing the csharp example.

How can check if the name (tbUserName) write to enroll the user is already in database?? This for not create records duplicate.

Thanks.
vinfo

Re: Verifing name before enroll??

Postby Martynas » Mar 02, 2011 14:35

Hello,

FFV SDK engine saves only numeric ids. So you should save the name of users and related ids in the separate database or file. So before enrolling you can check if such name exists in the database. C# uses the xml as the database for user names keeping. So you can search it and compare names.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Verifing name before enroll??

Postby vinfo » Mar 02, 2011 16:29

Ok, thanks
I´ll programer the XML validation before enrolling process, I checked the database XML file.

Martynas wrote:Hello,

FFV SDK engine saves only numeric ids. So you should save the name of users and related ids in the separate database or file. So before enrolling you can check if such name exists in the database. C# uses the xml as the database for user names keeping. So you can search it and compare names.
vinfo

How I can hide the blue points on fingerprint image?

Postby vinfo » Mar 05, 2011 04:19

Hi, I need to hide the blue points on fingerprint image, because I need the image more clear for the Web page.

Admin: merged to "FFV SDK questions" topic.
vinfo

Postby solovei72 » Mar 05, 2011 17:47

Martynas wrote:Hi,

which browser are you using when you experience this issue?
What version of Java Runtime are you using?

Hi Thanks for replay
First i tryon windows xp with latest update and java is the last version. On XP I have mozilla and explorer 8
Then after that I try on laptop where is windows 7 professional and the same two broser as in desktop. Still no success the same errors.
Could you please add some step by step instruction Please.
Thank you very much
solovei72

Re: How I can hide the blue points on fingerprint image?

Postby vaidasz » Mar 07, 2011 12:55

vinfo wrote:Hi, I need to hide the blue points on fingerprint image, because I need the image more clear for the Web page.

Hello,

It is not possible to remove minutaes marking by blue points in Free Fingerprint Verification SDK.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Martynas » Mar 07, 2011 14:43

solovei72 wrote:Hi Thanks for replay
First i tryon windows xp with latest update and java is the last version. On XP I have mozilla and explorer 8
Then after that I try on laptop where is windows 7 professional and the same two broser as in desktop. Still no success the same errors.
Could you please add some step by step instruction Please.
Thank you very much

Hi,

could you provide the exact version of the Java you are using (by using the "java -version" command)?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby solovei72 » Mar 07, 2011 15:11

Thank you very much for quick replay I have attach the result from cmd command with jav version result,
and I try on more time from cmd to execute to see if is working but still no success.
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Mn>java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

C:\Documents and Settings\Mn>javac -version
javac 1.6.0_23

C:\Documents and Settings\Mn>cd c:\

C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology>cd "FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.0"

Directory of C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK 1.
0\samples\Java\NffvJavaSample

28/02/2011  22:06    <DIR>          .
28/02/2011  22:06    <DIR>          ..
28/02/2011  22:06    <DIR>          bin
06/03/2011  22:45               385 build.bat
27/02/2011  23:46    <DIR>          img
22/03/2010  17:25               211 NffvSample.html
27/02/2011  23:46    <DIR>          src
               2 File(s)            596 bytes
               5 Dir(s)  263,585,132,544 bytes free

\NffvJavaSample>build.bat
A subdirectory or file bin already exists.

\NffvJavaSample>javac -d bin -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -cp ../../../bin/Win32_x86/
Nffv.jar src\NffvSample\*.java
Note: src\NffvSample\NameBinding.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

\NffvJavaSample>jar -cmvf src\manifest.txt ..\..\..\bin\Win32_x86\NffvSample.jar
 -C bin NffvSample img/logo.png
added manifest
adding: NffvSample/(in = 0) (out= 0)(stored 0%)
adding: NffvSample/IDName.class(in = 677) (out= 375)(deflated 44%)
adding: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel$1.class(in = 2166) (out= 1232)(deflated 43%)
adding: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel.class(in = 3715) (out= 2022)(deflated 45%)
adding: NffvSample/MainPanel.class(in = 7083) (out= 3551)(deflated 49%)
adding: NffvSample/NameBinding.class(in = 1661) (out= 895)(deflated 46%)
adding: NffvSample/NffvApplet.class(in = 1613) (out= 923)(deflated 42%)
adding: NffvSample/NffvApplication.class(in = 1237) (out= 717)(deflated 42%)
adding: NffvSample/PanelContainer.class(in = 165) (out= 138)(deflated 16%)
adding: NffvSample/Parameters.class(in = 3380) (out= 1863)(deflated 44%)
adding: NffvSample/ScannerModules.class(in = 2821) (out= 1529)(deflated 45%)
adding: img/logo.png(in = 611) (out= 616)(deflated 0%)

\NffvJavaSample>jarsigner -keystore ..\NffvJavaWrapper\appkey -storepass key123
-keypass key123 -verbose ..\..\..\bin\win32_x86\NffvSample.jar java
   adding: NffvSample/
  signing: NffvSample/IDName.class
  signing: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel$1.class
  signing: NffvSample/LibInstallPanel.class
  signing: NffvSample/MainPanel.class
  signing: NffvSample/NameBinding.class
  signing: NffvSample/NffvApplet.class
  signing: NffvSample/NffvApplication.class
  signing: NffvSample/PanelContainer.class
  signing: NffvSample/Parameters.class
  signing: NffvSample/ScannerModules.class
  signing: img/logo.png

Warning:

\NffvJavaSample>copy NffvSample.html ..\..\..\bin\win32_x86\
        1 file(s) copied.

\NffvJavaSample>NffvSample.html
==================================================================================
this is the result from html,

load: class NffvSample.NffvApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NffvSample.NffvApplet.class
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: NffvSample.NffvApplet.class

Thank you for your cooperation!
solovei72

Postby Martynas » Mar 08, 2011 11:10

solovei72 wrote:Thank you very much for quick replay I have attach the result from cmd command with jav version result,
and I try on more time from cmd to execute to see if is working but still no success.

Hi,

have you tried to run the NffvSample.jar? Is it running?
Can you open the NffVSample.html and paste the content of it here?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby solovei72 » Mar 09, 2011 10:12

Hi thank you for advise I did what you say and is working but now is another problem. My fingerprint reader is Microsoft Fingerprint reader(USB COmpatible) Model1033 and i get with digital persona CD with this software it work and another application from griaule ist work good and when a run the FFPV SDK I get error no fingerprint reader. I did step by step as in instructioin and I have instal from Fingerprint Scanners folder UareU drivers still no success.
Could you help me please and with this matter.
Thank you.
solovei72

Postby Martynas » Mar 09, 2011 12:09

solovei72 wrote:Hi thank you for advise I did what you say and is working but now is another problem. My fingerprint reader is Microsoft Fingerprint reader(USB COmpatible) Model1033 and i get with digital persona CD with this software it work and another application from griaule ist work good and when a run the FFPV SDK I get error no fingerprint reader. I did step by step as in instructioin and I have instal from Fingerprint Scanners folder UareU drivers still no success.
Thank you.

Hi,
we do not support Microsoft Fingerprint Reader. The list of supported scanners you can find on our website.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby solovei72 » Mar 10, 2011 09:54

Martynas wrote:
solovei72 wrote:Hi thank you for advise I did what you say and is working but now is another problem. My fingerprint reader is Microsoft Fingerprint reader(USB COmpatible) Model1033 and i get with digital persona CD with this software it work and another application from griaule ist work good and when a run the FFPV SDK I get error no fingerprint reader. I did step by step as in instructioin and I have instal from Fingerprint Scanners folder UareU drivers still no success.
Thank you.

Hi,
we do not support Microsoft Fingerprint Reader. The list of supported scanners you can find on our website.

Hi I would like to know how long will take delivery one fingerprintscanner to Ireland.
Thank you.
solovei72

Postby Martynas » Mar 10, 2011 12:31

Hi,

usually it takes approx. 5 business days. You can order fingerprint scanners from Biometric Supply - our subsidiary company.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby solovei72 » Mar 12, 2011 09:05

Hi Could someone please help me I practice the source code of FFp SDK in Netbeans 6.9.1 and at the end when I try to build the project I get this errors. For the img folder i create such folder and I add there the logo.png file but still show me the errors.

Have no file for C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\jre\lib\modules\jdk.boot.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:167)
at NffvSample.NffvApplication.<init>(NffvApplication.java:19)
at NffvSample.NffvApplication.main(NffvApplication.java:31)
Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 3 seconds)

Could someone point me in the right direction please.
Thank you.
solovei72

Postby Martynas » Mar 17, 2011 13:53

Hi,

this error is related to NetBeans. I do not know if it is helpful, but i found same issue on NetBeans forum.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby seraphis » Mar 28, 2011 13:10

Hi
I'm trying to import the java free fingerprint verification SDK into an eclipse project but i just can't figure it out. Can anyone help me. Thanx.
seraphis

Postby vaidasz » Mar 29, 2011 14:04

seraphis wrote:Hi
I'm trying to import the java free fingerprint verification SDK into an eclipse project but i just can't figure it out. Can anyone help me. Thanx.

Hello,

Here is intructions for Java and Eclipse:
1. Start Eclipse
2. Select Workspace as FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK\samples\Java
Specify full path to the Java folder
3. File -> New -> Java Project
4. Enter project name as NffvJavaSample, click Finish
5. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) and select Properties
6. Go to Java Build Path -> Libraries
7. Press Add External JARs
8. Select FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK\bin\Win32_x86\Nffv.jar
9. Open NffvApplication.java (NffvJavaSample -> src ->NffvSample) and comment the following line
this.setIconImage(new ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("/img/logo.png")).getImage());
10. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) and select Properties
11. Go to Run/Debug Settings, mark NffvApplication and click Edit button
12. Go to Arguments, change Working directory to other and specify
FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK\bin\Win32_x86
13. Click Apply, OK and OK once again.
14. Right click on the project on a left side (named NffvJavaSample) -> Run As -> Java Application.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Croc » Apr 15, 2011 12:06

Hi All,

I am getting the error below, can someone help me

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no NffvJavaNative in java.library.path
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1681)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
   at com.neurotechnology.Library.NativeManager.loadDefault(NativeManager.java:33)
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.<clinit>(Nffv.java:242)
   at NffvSample.ScannerModules.<init>(ScannerModules.java:35)
   at NffvSample.NffvApplication.<init>(NffvApplication.java:13)
   at NffvSample.NffvApplication.main(NffvApplication.java:23)

Thanks,
Croc
Croc

Postby Martynas » Apr 18, 2011 12:40

Croc wrote:Hi All,

I am getting the error below, can someone help me

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no NffvJavaNative in java.library.path
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1681)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1047)
   at com.neurotechnology.Library.NativeManager.loadDefault(NativeManager.java:33)
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.<clinit>(Nffv.java:242)
   at NffvSample.ScannerModules.<init>(ScannerModules.java:35)
   at NffvSample.NffvApplication.<init>(NffvApplication.java:13)
   at NffvSample.NffvApplication.main(NffvApplication.java:23)

Thanks,
Croc

You need to specify the java.library.path when executing. i.e. java -Djava.library.path=PATH_TO_NffvJavaNative.dll -jar NffvSample.jar.
Also you can specify the path to NffvJavaNative.dll in the PATH environmental variable too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

HELP Urgently

Postby deetee » May 16, 2011 16:08

Please am quite new to the SDK but have a project to deliver urgently, i am using the free fingerprint verification sdk and developing using C# but the problem is when i tried the sample application i was unable to find the the fingerprint device i am using and i had installed secugen hamster plus, i really don't know what to do. Thank you

deetee

Re: HELP Urgently

Postby Martynas » May 17, 2011 07:36

deetee wrote:Please am quite new to the SDK but have a project to deliver urgently, i am using the free fingerprint verification sdk and developing using C# but the problem is when i tried the sample application i was unable to find the the fingerprint device i am using and i had installed secugen hamster plus, i really don't know what to do. Thank you

Hi,

copy the FPSmmSecugenHFDU02.dll from the "fpsmm\Additional" folder to "fpsmm" folder.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby ologbozigee » Jun 29, 2011 09:32

Martynas wrote:
Thanks

Hello,

please check if the Nffv.dll is loaded with your application. Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll depends on the Nffv.dll. The best solution in this case is to copy all dlls from the SDK folder to your application output folder.

I am having the same problem above, but if I copy the dlls from the sdk folder, the problem still continues. However, I am using VS 2008, and I only have bin folder.

How do I load nffv.dll with my VStudio 2008 application?
Thanks
ologbozigee

Postby vaidasz » Jun 30, 2011 11:34

ologbozigee wrote:
Martynas wrote:
Thanks

Hello,

I am having the same problem above, but if I copy the dlls from the sdk folder, the problem still continues. However, I am using VS 2008, and I only have bin folder.

How do I load nffv.dll with my VStudio 2008 application?
Thanks

Hello,

Did you copy all dlls from Bin folder to your application startup path?
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

How I can implement ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 in Free SDK?

Postby vinfo » Aug 06, 2011 15:45

Hi every one, my question is:
How I can to implement ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 (ANTemplate) in FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK??
The result Fingerprint database file (.dat) doesn´t have this standard.
I'm working whith the c# example.

Thank you,
vinfo

Re: How I can implement ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 in Free SDK?

Postby Martynas » Aug 08, 2011 06:21

vinfo wrote:Hi every one, my question is:
How I can to implement ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 (ANTemplate) in FreeFingerprintVerificationSDK??

Thank you,

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK does not provide support of the standard templates (ISO or ANSI). If the support of standard templates is needed, then the Fingerprint BSS component is required; the component is available in VeriFinger Extended SDK or MegaMatcher SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: How I can implement ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2000 in Free SDK?

Postby vinfo » Aug 08, 2011 12:58

Thanks for your answer. This BSS component exists with independent componente to test in free SDK??

Martynas wrote:
vinfo wrote:Hi every one, my question is:

Thank you,

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK does not provide support of the standard templates (ISO or ANSI). If the support of standard templates is needed, then the Fingerprint BSS component is required; the component is available in VeriFinger Extended SDK or MegaMatcher SDK.
vinfo

Postby Martynas » Aug 08, 2011 13:38

vinfo wrote:Thanks for your answer. This BSS component exists with independent componente to test in free SDK??

Hello,

The BSS component is available only in the VeriFinger Extended and MegaMatcher SDKs.
It is not possible to use it with the Free Fingerprint Verification SDK.

The BSS component can be tested with trial versions of VeriFinger or MegaMatcher SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Next

Return to Public