Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Free FingerPrint Verification SDK questions

Postby Martynas » Apr 24, 2019 11:01

Nelson Salinas wrote:It would be good to know how libraries can be used to manage the functions of the SDK, its use is very understandable, a video of how to use the SDK would be easier to understand.

Hi,

we do not have videos for SDK functionality usage. If you have nay questions on SDK usage then send them to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Integrating digital persona uru 5000 fingerprint scanner wit

Postby Muhammad usman » May 04, 2019 07:26

Urgent Help is needed.
i am developing android app for attendance system using fingerprint scanner.
i have successfully capture the image(bitmap) of user using fingerprint .
how can i enroll and verify that bitmap in android means is there any android library available for enrollment and verification of user fingerprint?
or is there any android sample app using "free fingerprint verification sdk" ?
Any other help wiil be appricated.
thanks.
Muhammad usman

Postby Martynas » May 06, 2019 09:08

Hello,

Free Fingerprint Verification SDK is available only for Windows OS.
If you need to use fingerprint recognition on Android OS then consider to use VeriFinger SDK.
SDK includes samples and tutorials, which shows how to use SDK functionality on the Android OS.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby foortizs » Sep 12, 2019 20:33

An user posted a problem back in 2009.

Run-time error "-91 (ffffffa5)":
NffvInitializeA:Win32 error in one of Neurotec modules

On a next post he indicated he had solved the problem, unfortunately he did not provide details on what he did.

I"m having exactly the same issue. VB6 sample work ok, no issues there.
I initiated another VB project for my particular application. I basically copy-paste the code as in the example, but I keep getting the error. These are the symptoms.

The program runs ok the first time. by the time it is closed, both data files are saved (user list and finger print data).
The problem is when I try to run the program a second time, at moment of launch and during the initialization portion I get the error.
If I delete the dat files and run the program again, then the program runs ok.

I don"t think there is anything wrong with the files. I even copied them and use them as dat files on the example provided and the example runs ok.

Thanks.
foortizs

Postby Martynas » Sep 16, 2019 07:39

foortizs wrote:An user posted a problem back in 2009.

Run-time error "-91 (ffffffa5)":
NffvInitializeA:Win32 error in one of Neurotec modules

On a next post he indicated he had solved the problem, unfortunately he did not provide details on what he did.

I"m having exactly the same issue. VB6 sample work ok, no issues there.
I initiated another VB project for my particular application. I basically copy-paste the code as in the example, but I keep getting the error. These are the symptoms.

The program runs ok the first time. by the time it is closed, both data files are saved (user list and finger print data).
The problem is when I try to run the program a second time, at moment of launch and during the initialization portion I get the error.
If I delete the dat files and run the program again, then the program runs ok.

I don"t think there is anything wrong with the files. I even copied them and use them as dat files on the example provided and the example runs ok.

Thanks.

Which exact programming language are you using?
If it is a VB6 then maybe you can consider to try and use any other supported programming language? VB6 is not supported for many years and it will be hard to provide the support for it as we do not resources and environment for VB6 support.

Could you let me know some information on your project and what you need to implement in it?

Free Fingerprint Verification (FFV) SDK is very limited and allows to enroll only ten users. Also it allows to perform the verification (1:1 matching) only. Also it uses its proprietary database. If there is a need to use the database with more then 10 users enrolled, or the identification (1:many matching) should be performed, then I would recommend to look at VeriFinger or MegaMatcher SDK. There is a 30-day trial version of these SDKs available for download on our website. It provides the full functionality, but requires the Internet connection during usage of the trial SDK. But it does not support VB6.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby foortizs » Sep 17, 2019 12:23

Yes, the application is using VB6, and yes I understand the situation of the support on VB6, but that is how the application is at the moment. So we were looking for finger print reader SDK that could work on it.
The application has a section where it requires an operator to scan a barcoded badge ID, and we want to add an option or maybe replace it with a finger print reader.
I'm using UareU 4500 which works ok with the sample program. It is with my app were I get the error.

I have also tried to add some forms and functions to the sample and now I'm also getting the same error. Like I said, my modified application and the modified sample program both run ok the first time (meaning no DAT file present), both can be used adding users, doing verifications, etc.
The second time the app is run (now with existing DAT files present), that is where I get the error. But again, not with the original sample program.

I have discarded corrupted DAT files, because the ones created with my program works fine on the unmodified sample program.

Thanks,
foortizs

Postby Martynas » Sep 18, 2019 08:00

Hi,

foortizs wrote:The application has a section where it requires an operator to scan a barcoded badge ID, and we want to add an option or maybe replace it with a finger print reader.

How many users there will be enrolled into your database?

foortizs wrote:Yes, the application is using VB6, and yes I understand the situation of the support on VB6, but that is how the application is at the moment.

As I have mentioned previously the support of VB6 is not possible in this case as we do not even have an environment, which could be used for VB6 debugging. Free Fingerprint Verification SDK was developed long time ago and we have dropped the support in products, which were released after the Free Fingerprint Verification SDK was released.
The suggestion in your case would be to use any other programming language to implement the separate standalone application or service, which would be using SDK functionality and which will be receiving commands from your main VB6 application and returning results to it.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Previous

Return to Public