Java App in web mode

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Java App in web mode

Postby Shadonwk » Jul 25, 2017 01:15

Hello,

I want to create a web application that runs on a server, that when opening that application on any computer allows me to take control of the camera and this way I can take the photo to enroll, any suggestions or ideas?

regards
Shadonwk

Re: Java App in web mode

Postby MartynasV » Jul 25, 2017 09:43

Shadonwk wrote:Hello,

I want to create a web application that runs on a server, that when opening that application on any computer allows me to take control of the camera and this way I can take the photo to enroll, any suggestions or ideas?

regards

Hello Shadonwk,

If you want to use camera with our API, then you either use Java Web Start application(we have sample) or write intermediary service(which will have to be installed and run on client's computer) between camera and website. Service would use camera to capture face and give result to server side.

To build web samples(applet and java web start) run “mvn install –Pweb”(since SDK 9.0 version) command in “SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java” directory. Built files can be found in “SDK\Bin\Java\abis-sample-web” directory.
To run applet, run “index.html”.
To run web start sample, run “abis-web-start.jnlp”.

Or you could use some 3rd party API to get frames from client's camera and feed them to server side for processing.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Shadonwk » Jul 25, 2017 18:30

I found the example, compile with the command that you mention and the jar is generated abis-sample-web.jar but it does not execute and it does not mark any error, nor the html opens ...
Shadonwk

Postby MartynasV » Jul 26, 2017 07:05

Shadonwk wrote:I found the example, compile with the command that you mention and the jar is generated abis-sample-web.jar but it does not execute and it does not mark any error, nor the html opens ...

Hello Shadonwk,

To build web samples(applet and java web start) run “mvn install –Pweb”(since SDK 9.0 version) command in “SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java” directory. Built files can be found in “SDK\Bin\Java\abis-sample-web” directory.
To run applet, run “index.html”.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby hackshields » Sep 06, 2017 15:15

Hello, I also have this problem,

None of them worked
hackshields

Postby vaidasz » Sep 07, 2017 13:22

hackshields wrote:Hello, I also have this problem,

None of them worked

Hello,

Could you please be more specific and explain in more details what do you mean by saying "None of them worked"? Did you get any error? If yes, specify the error message you received. Also provide SDK revision number you are using. It could be found in a text file of SDK root folder.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Return to Public