I can´t initialize the fingerprint

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

I can´t initialize the fingerprint

Postby lchavez » Jul 19, 2017 22:07

good day

I am trying to implement the sdk of verifinger 10 and I was stuck with the following problem, I could not initialize the reader, ie following the flow of the AbisSampleCS demo I have seen that with the following method:

NBiometricClient biometric = new NBiometricClient () {UseDeviceManager = true};
                 Task.Run (new Func <Task> (async () => {
                     Await biometrico.InitializeAsync ();
                 }));

...Readers are initialized, but when I use it in my application it sends me the following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

My question in itself would be how do I initialize the fingerprint reader?

Use C # as programming language

Thank you for your support
lchavez

Re: I can´t initialize the fingerprint

Postby MartynasV » Jul 20, 2017 06:25

Hello lchavez,

Debug your application and check if that object is null, when you try calling method on it.

NBiometricClient biometric = new NBiometricClient () {UseDeviceManager = true};
Task.Run (new Func <Task> (async () => {
Await biometrico.InitializeAsync ();
}));

Are bold variables are different in your code too ?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby lchavez » Jul 20, 2017 22:34

Hello again

Beforehand thank you very much for responding, I tell you that detail I could solve it and today I encounter another problem.

The reader that I need to use is a Digital Persona U.are.U 4500, which is not recognized by the sdk, I am currently working with the sdk 10 of verifinger, I also have a UPEK TCS2C # 1 reader with which I do my tests , But as I commented, the one I need to be able to use is the digital UareU 4500 person

I would like to know if they could support me for the SDK to recognize this reader.

best regards
lchavez

Postby MartynasV » Jul 21, 2017 12:00

lchavez wrote:Hello again

Beforehand thank you very much for responding, I tell you that detail I could solve it and today I encounter another problem.

The reader that I need to use is a Digital Persona U.are.U 4500, which is not recognized by the sdk, I am currently working with the sdk 10 of verifinger, I also have a UPEK TCS2C # 1 reader with which I do my tests , But as I commented, the one I need to be able to use is the digital UareU 4500 person

I would like to know if they could support me for the SDK to recognize this reader.

best regards

Hello lchavez,

Yes, this scanner is supported by our SDK, here you can find supported scanners list: http://www.neurotechnology.com/cgi-bin/ ... anners.cgi .

Is device detected by windows device manager? What driver version scanner is using(it can be checked via properties)?
Use "SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\DevicesSampleCS.exe" to test scanner.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby lchavez » Jul 21, 2017 18:17

Hello again.

I tell you, in fact the device is configured in Windows10, the details of the driver are as follows:
Driver Provider: DigitalPersona, Inc,
Date of the controller: 08/10/2008
Driver Version: 4.0.0.128

My development environment is installed on Windows 10 Pro x64, do not know if that affects something?

As I said, using the example that comes in the sdk (AbisSampleCS) does not recognize the device, I have 2 different readers (U.are.U FingerPrint Reader 4500 and UPEK TCS2C # 1) with upek reader the AbisSampleCS demo works perfect but With the reader U.are.U 4500 simply does not recognize it, I was also testing the demo DevicesSampleCS to be able to verify if I lacked any component or reference but also in this project does not work the reader U.are.U 4500, my request for support is But if any further processing is necessary to make the U.are.U reader recognized? Since the reader works perfectly, only that I can not register it with the sdk 10.

I hope I can help the sdk recognize the reader U.are.U

Best regards from Mexico City
lchavez

Postby MartynasV » Jul 24, 2017 12:23

lchavez wrote:Hello again.

I tell you, in fact the device is configured in Windows10, the details of the driver are as follows:
Driver Provider: DigitalPersona, Inc,
Date of the controller: 08/10/2008
Driver Version: 4.0.0.128

My development environment is installed on Windows 10 Pro x64, do not know if that affects something?

As I said, using the example that comes in the sdk (AbisSampleCS) does not recognize the device, I have 2 different readers (U.are.U FingerPrint Reader 4500 and UPEK TCS2C # 1) with upek reader the AbisSampleCS demo works perfect but With the reader U.are.U 4500 simply does not recognize it, I was also testing the demo DevicesSampleCS to be able to verify if I lacked any component or reference but also in this project does not work the reader U.are.U 4500, my request for support is But if any further processing is necessary to make the U.are.U reader recognized? Since the reader works perfectly, only that I can not register it with the sdk 10.

I hope I can help the sdk recognize the reader U.are.U

Best regards from Mexico City

Hello lchavez,

You have to install drivers from “Scanners and cameras drivers” pack from link: http://www.neurotechnology.com/download ... _sdk_trial. I have installed from this pack and they are different than you are using, mine:
02/24/2010
Uninstall driver, then install it from this pack and test again with DevicesSampleCS.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby lchavez » Jul 24, 2017 17:37

Hello again

Thank you very much for your support, I commented, I updated the driver with the pack that was indicated to me and the fingerprint reader has worked correctly.

I will continue working on this project and if I come back another question I will bother you again.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
lchavez

Postby lchavez » Jul 24, 2017 23:20

Hello again!

I need more of your valuable support, I tell you, in the example AbisSampleCS there is a control called fingerSelector, that control is the one that graphically asks the fingerprints in a certain order, I wonder how I can transfer that control to a project outside the AbisSampleCS example , Since I was analyzing it and according to I only occupy 2 classes: FingerSelector: Control and FingerSelector.Designer.cs, I have already created the same classes in my new project, but when they start loading the components it sends the error: Can be null Parameter name: bytes "
Could you please tell me how to create this control in a new project? That is, what components it uses to be fully functional.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards
lchavez

Postby MartynasV » Jul 25, 2017 12:11

lchavez wrote:Hello again!

I need more of your valuable support, I tell you, in the example AbisSampleCS there is a control called fingerSelector, that control is the one that graphically asks the fingerprints in a certain order, I wonder how I can transfer that control to a project outside the AbisSampleCS example , Since I was analyzing it and according to I only occupy 2 classes: FingerSelector: Control and FingerSelector.Designer.cs, I have already created the same classes in my new project, but when they start loading the components it sends the error: Can be null Parameter name: bytes "
Could you please tell me how to create this control in a new project? That is, what components it uses to be fully functional.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards

Hello lchavez,

Sample was written without intention that somebody will take piece out and try to use it on other project, so unfortunately I don't have instructions how to do that. You will have to investigate how it is used within the sample project and then adapt it into your own.

P.S. FingerSelector consists of 3 pieces: FingerSelector.cs, FingerSelector.resx and FingerSelector.Designer.cs.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby lchavez » Jul 25, 2017 17:34

Good day

Oh I see, I regret not being able to count on your support for this task, however your support has been very useful in the development of this project, thank you very much, in case I get more doubts I will contact you again.

Best regards
lchavez

Postby lchavez » Aug 28, 2017 23:17

Such a good day!

I have a doubt, I continue with my development of an application that works with the sdk of neurotec, specifically with version 10, only lately I have thrown the following error:

Neurotec.NAggregateException: One or more errors ocurred --> Neurotec.IO.NFileNotFoundException: Fingers classifier model file is missing <--

I do not know if they could guide me, since all the components are initialized correctly, the fingerprint is displayed but it sends the error.

I remain attentive to your comments.

Best regards
lchavez

Postby MartynasV » Aug 29, 2017 14:32

lchavez wrote:Such a good day!

I have a doubt, I continue with my development of an application that works with the sdk of neurotec, specifically with version 10, only lately I have thrown the following error:

Neurotec.NAggregateException: One or more errors ocurred --> Neurotec.IO.NFileNotFoundException: Fingers classifier model file is missing <--

I do not know if they could guide me, since all the components are initialized correctly, the fingerprint is displayed but it sends the error.

I remain attentive to your comments.

Best regards

Hello lchavez,

There already been questions about this error in forum, if you have used search, you would have already got the answer:
It requires "SDK\Bin\Data\FingersDetectSegmentsClassifier.ndf" file, store it to your application's working directory.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public