Cannot obtain licenses outside of SDK bin directory

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Cannot obtain licenses outside of SDK bin directory

Postby NBeam » May 17, 2017 18:28

Hello,

I am developing an application but am having trouble with obtaining the license. Whenever I run the program, it is unable to obtain the license unless the program is located in the SDK's bin directory for each system (eg. Neurotec_Biometric_6_0_SDK\Bin\Win32_x86). I have tried copying over all the DLLs individually, and even made a full copy of the Win32_x86 folder elsewhere on my drive and tried to run any programs from there with no luck. All samples and my own programs run fine while in the SDK's bin/win32_x86 directory, but the moment I remove them, even if I supply the exact same folder contents, it will not obtain licenses. Why would this be?

Thank you for your help
NBeam

Re: Cannot obtain licenses outside of SDK bin directory

Postby MartynasV » May 18, 2017 05:44

NBeam wrote:Hello,

I am developing an application but am having trouble with obtaining the license. Whenever I run the program, it is unable to obtain the license unless the program is located in the SDK's bin directory for each system (eg. Neurotec_Biometric_6_0_SDK\Bin\Win32_x86). I have tried copying over all the DLLs individually, and even made a full copy of the Win32_x86 folder elsewhere on my drive and tried to run any programs from there with no luck. All samples and my own programs run fine while in the SDK's bin/win32_x86 directory, but the moment I remove them, even if I supply the exact same folder contents, it will not obtain licenses. Why would this be?

Thank you for your help

Hello NBeam,

You are using no-pg(no licensing service) mode, when application tries to obtain licenses, it looks around in some 'radius' for them - in case of SDK it finds them in "SDK/Bin/Licenses" folder, when you move your application further out it is unable to find licenses.
Solutions:
  • Move license file to your program's working directory(then it will able to find the license).
  • Start pg service("SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\Activation\pg.exe"), use command in cmd to install and start "pg -install", to remove service "pg -uninstall". When service is running, you will be able to obtain licenses no matter from where you run your application on your PC.
  • Add your license before obtain method call with following C# code(in all languages this is done very similarly):
    Code: Select all
    string licenseContent = File.ReadAllText(@"License.lic");
    NLicense.Add(licenseContent); // After this call you can obtain added license.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Re: Cannot obtain licenses outside of SDK bin directory

Postby NBeam » May 18, 2017 15:53

Thank you for the help. I installed the pg service and it works excellently.
NBeam

Return to Public