fingerprint-matching from database

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

fingerprint-matching from database

Postby Ennilang » May 09, 2017 14:13

I"ve compiled a MySQL database of fingerprint images, and I"d like to automate the "matching" process and generation of ROC curves. What route do you suggest for getting started? I"ve used both the Quickstart and Developer"s Guide, but the optimal steps aren"t clear to me. Thanks in advance!
Ennilang

Re: fingerprint-matching from database

Postby MartynasV » May 10, 2017 07:36

Our software does not plot ROC curves itself. It can be used to calculate similarity scores between fingerprint images.

If you have a dataset with fingerprint images, generate fingerprint templates for all images with our software(follow "SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollFingerFromImageCS"), use generated templates to get similarity scores("SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\IdentifyCS" ) separately for all genuine and impostor pairs (do not forget to reset matching threshold to 0 if you want to receive all positive similarity scores). Use any conventional software for computing and plotting ROC curves from the scores, for example, http://scikit-learn.org/stable/auto_exa ... t_roc.html
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Ennilang » May 10, 2017 16:36

Thank you, Martynas. What's the best way to automate fingerprint-matching? For instance, say I have a database with 20 images. How might I automate the matching algorithm to assess all possible pairs?
Ennilang

Postby MartynasV » May 11, 2017 15:01

Ennilang wrote:Thank you, Martynas. What's the best way to automate fingerprint-matching? For instance, say I have a database with 20 images. How might I automate the matching algorithm to assess all possible pairs?

Hello,

I don't understand what you mean by "automate the matching algorithm", please explain.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Ennilang » May 11, 2017 19:41

Sorry—that wasn't clear. I'll explain my problem in a follow-up email.
Ennilang

Postby MarsRover000 » Jul 01, 2017 22:08

Ennilang wrote:Sorry—that wasn"t clear. I"ll explain my problem in a follow-up email.

Hi Ennilang,
any update on this please? I have a similar requirement. thanks
MarsRover000

Return to Public