SQLite and memory-mapped IO

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

SQLite and memory-mapped IO

Postby transtep » Apr 26, 2017 07:40

Hi,

I want to use SQLite to store subjects and perform identification task directly (not via NServer).
But I have a performance issue.
Does biometric client enable memory-mapped I/O feature of SQLite when it performs identification task?

Neurotec Biometric 9 SDK Product revision number: 162703
transtep

Re: SQLite and memory-mapped IO

Postby MartynasV » Apr 26, 2017 07:56

Hello,

When you connect NBiometricClient to database, it copies all templates to memory(and holds copy of current templates in memory for all its existence), so data could be accessed immediately for verification/identification tasks.

Could you explain in more details what performance issue do you have?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby transtep » Apr 27, 2017 07:24

Hi,

With Biometric 5 SDK, I invoke NMIdentifyStartEx / NMIdentifyNextEx / NMIdentifyEnd functions to perform identification task. I store all templates in a big file and map to memory (mmap). This way is 100% faster then IdentifyOnSQLiteDatabase.
transtep

Postby MartynasV » Apr 27, 2017 09:20

transtep wrote:Hi,

With Biometric 5 SDK, I invoke NMIdentifyStartEx / NMIdentifyNextEx / NMIdentifyEnd functions to perform identification task. I store all templates in a big file and map to memory (mmap). This way is 100% faster then IdentifyOnSQLiteDatabase.

Hello transtep,

Using older API, you control how identification is done and where templates are held, so to ensure high performance you have to load templates to memory and keep them there for fast access yourself(as you did). In newer API (NBiometricClient) all this identification process management is moved inside our API, so when NBiometricClient is initialized, all data is copied from database to local memory for fast access and identification is called with one method: "NBiometricClient.Identify(NSubject)".
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public