Free FingerPrint SDK - C# project using sample project

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Free FingerPrint SDK - C# project using sample project

Postby LeeC941023 » Apr 04, 2017 11:42

Hi,

I am using the C# sample project to build my own project, the functionality and the code is exactly the same, the only difference is the layout of my Windows Forms and the names of text boxes, labels etc.

my system - I am using a virtual windows 7 32 bit os machine, visual studio 2017 and the latest version of .Net The application is built as a x86 and the build is set to use .Net 2.0 as this is the supported version for the sample project...the appropriate references have been added to the program such as Neurotec.Biometrics.Nffv.dll

Scanner - I am using a Dermalog ZF1 scanner.

Now, the code has no errors and runs correctly up to a certain point.....then it just stops executing and refuses to move to the next form....???

So the program starts with the program.cs and this loads the ChooseScannerForm...all ok.....the scanner modules all load and i can select the module i need....in this case, the futronic module....I select ok (which should move the program on to the MainForm for enrollment and verification)....however, it just stops executing and doesn"t throw any errors or exceptions?? no messages in the output other than....

The program "[5916] ProgramName.exe" has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program "[5916] ProgramName.exe: Program Trace" has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The event viewer and the application log show a huge chunk of the following errors...

Error 04/04/2017 12:07:14 .NET Runtime Optimization Service 1103 None

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks,

Lee
LeeC941023

Re: Free FingerPrint SDK - C# project using sample project

Postby MartynasV » Apr 04, 2017 13:21

Hello,

I am using the C# sample project to build my own project, the functionality and the code is exactly the same, the only difference is the layout of my Windows Forms and the names of text boxes, labels etc.

Does our sample crashes too?

Error 04/04/2017 12:07:14 .NET Runtime Optimization Service 1103 None

This might be helpful: https://community.spiceworks.com/window ... rvice-1103
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby LeeC941023 » Apr 04, 2017 14:01

Thank you for taking the time to reply..

the sample works perfectly, this is the frustrating thing....I build the exact same code with different forms and the program will not fully execute...

the main error i get is the one below...

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Failed to compile C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio2017EnterpriseMSBuild15.0Binamd64enMSBuild.resources.dll because of the following error: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1).

and the dll it refers to varies between errors....

Thank you
LeeC941023

Postby vaidasz » Apr 05, 2017 08:30

LeeC941023 wrote:Thank you for taking the time to reply..

the sample works perfectly, this is the frustrating thing....I build the exact same code with different forms and the program will not fully execute...

the main error i get is the one below...

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Failed to compile C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio2017EnterpriseMSBuild15.0Binamd64enMSBuild.resources.dll because of the following error: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1).

and the dll it refers to varies between errors....

Thank you

Hello,

After communication via e-mails it appears there was an issue in the code (went to finally block due to incorrect status check).
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Return to Public