VeriFinger 4.2

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

VeriFinger 4.2

Postby JECO » May 21, 2008 13:55

Dear Pavel,

I have one question, could you help in this, how I do the licensing of VeriFinger 4.2 with "Single Computer License". I always did this licensing in VeriFinger 5.0, but the VeriFinger 4.2 I can not found the Wizard to do this licensing. Where I put the file of the serial number? or VeriFinger 4.2 can`t licensing with "Single Computer License"?.

Thanks in advance,

Jeco!!!
JECO

Re: VeriFinger 4.2

Postby Pavel » May 25, 2008 09:59

Hi Jeco,

It is a pity, but VeriFinger 4.2 does not provide a wizard like license installer. To be honest, licensing for 4.2 version was absolutely different. The serial and the registration id should be entered in the application itself (your written) using our provided API like VFGenerateID and similar functions. (please explore our VeriFinger 4.2 Samples for more info)

As for serial numbers - although VeriFinger 4.2 provides the single computer licensing option (to PC or to scanner), keep in mind that VeriFinger 5.0, 6.0 serial numbers will not work with VeriFinger 4.2

Should you have any additional questions, do let me know.
Kind regards,
Pavel Cuchriajev

Neurotechnology
Pavel
Neurotechnology

Postby JECO » May 28, 2008 19:50

Dear Pavel,

Thanks for your answer!!!...I have another question, I have a develop in VeriFinger 4.2, but I do not want to use Dongle. How I do (before I have the serial number) to lock VeriFinger in my PC?, I do not how generate the "registration id", could you explain me?

Thanks in advance,

Jeco!!!
JECO

Postby Pavel » Jun 03, 2008 05:58

Hi

Sorry for so late answer.

There are three main functions to manage registration in VF4.2:

Code: Select all
INT VFINGER_API VFRegistrationType();
INT VFINGER_API VFGenerateId(CHAR * serial, CHAR * id);
INT VFINGER_API VFRegister(CHAR * serial, CHAR * key);

All of them could be found in VFinger.h or similar headers. I beleive the functions are self explanatory.
Kind regards,
Pavel Cuchriajev

Neurotechnology
Pavel
Neurotechnology

Return to Public