Webcam and cameras related questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Neurotec Biometric SDK 5.1 media source issuse

Postby Martynas » Apr 30, 2015 13:08

lRAGEl wrote:
Code: Select all
failed to create media source (result = -27)!
NError[3509]: [TID: 3064108800] (-27) Failed to load required library
Param: libgstvideo-1.0.so.0

How can i fix that error on my Ubuntu 14.04 (Neurotec_Biometric_5_1_SDK) when iam try to open videofile. Tried reinstall gstreamer pack but it didnt help. For images works well. On Windows 8.1 works well for images and videofiles.

Hello,

the error means that this library is not found on your Linux OS. GStreamer 1.2.2 or newer with gst-plugin-base and gst-plugin-good is required in order to use the SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Detecting cameras (problem)

Postby KFLee » Nov 20, 2015 03:24

Hi,

I tried out the samples (C# code) DevicesSampleCS and SimpleFacesSampleCS.

Both worked perfectly on my PC.

Then I started writing something on my own - the first of which is to detect the 2 cameras that are attached to my PC (an inbuilt camera and another external USB camera). I took parts of the code from the samples. My codes is as below:
public void TestFunction()
{
            NDeviceManager _deviceManager = new NDeviceManager();
            _deviceManager.DeviceTypes = NDeviceType.Camera;
            _deviceManager.AutoPlug = true;
            _deviceManager.Initialize();
            try
            {
                 foreach (NDevice device in _deviceManager.Devices)
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine("Adding camera " + device);
                }
            }
}

The line "Adding camera xxx" never come up. I traced the code, and found that no camera was detected. (however, the samples managed to detect both my cameras).

I"d like to ask if anyone can advice me what I have done wrong and what I have missed out. (note, all libraries references have been added).

Thank you for your help.

Admin: merged to "Webcam and cameras related questions"
KFLee

Re: Detecting cameras (problem)

Postby Martynas » Nov 20, 2015 08:32

KFLee wrote:Hi,

I tried out the samples (C# code) DevicesSampleCS and SimpleFacesSampleCS.

Both worked perfectly on my PC.

Then I started writing something on my own - the first of which is to detect the 2 cameras that are attached to my PC (an inbuilt camera and another external USB camera). I took parts of the code from the samples. My codes is as below:
public void TestFunction()
{
            NDeviceManager _deviceManager = new NDeviceManager();
            _deviceManager.DeviceTypes = NDeviceType.Camera;
            _deviceManager.AutoPlug = true;
            _deviceManager.Initialize();
            try
            {
                 foreach (NDevice device in _deviceManager.Devices)
                {
                    Debug.WriteLine("Adding camera " + device);
                }
            }
}

The line "Adding camera xxx" never come up. I traced the code, and found that no camera was detected. (however, the samples managed to detect both my cameras).

I"d like to ask if anyone can advice me what I have done wrong and what I have missed out. (note, all libraries references have been added).

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

provide small test application with all dlls used in your application to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby KFLee » Nov 23, 2015 06:31

Martynas wrote:Hello,

provide small test application with all dlls used in your application to support@neurotechnology.com.

Hi Martynas,

I managed to sort this out. Thank you very much.

I think there are too many versions of the DLLs floating around.

There are:
1) Under notNET
2) Win32_x86
3) Win32_x86\Activation
4) Win32_x86\BioAPI

I initially used sets (1), (3) and (4) and it didn't work. Finally I just copied the DLLs under (2) and overwrite all the DLLs I have initially used. It finally worked. I guess I have to stick with just sets (1) and (2).

Anyway, thank you for your fast response. I appreciate it.
KFLee

Postby Martynas » Nov 23, 2015 07:33

KFLee wrote:Hi Martynas,

I managed to sort this out. Thank you very much.

I think there are too many versions of the DLLs floating around.

There are:
1) Under notNET
2) Win32_x86
3) Win32_x86\Activation
4) Win32_x86\BioAPI

I initially used sets (1), (3) and (4) and it didn't work. Finally I just copied the DLLs under (2) and overwrite all the DLLs I have initially used. It finally worked. I guess I have to stick with just sets (1) and (2).

Anyway, thank you for your fast response. I appreciate it.

Hello,

all required dlls are in win32_x86 folder.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Webcam and cameras related questions

Postby arsa » Dec 14, 2016 12:20

Hi
I was working on Neurotec Biometric 9 trial,and i have some problem with capturing webcam
when i want to capture camera i should use task or begin capture (according to SimpleFacesSampleCS - EnrollFromCamera)
but when the capture complete (in enrollment sample enroll complete) the webcam stop capturing ,
i just want to know how can i use webcam without stop for any work(detect face, enroll , create face token image and ...)
thanks

PS:I am using C# samples.
arsa

Re: Webcam and cameras related questions

Postby Martynas » Dec 14, 2016 13:57

arsa wrote:Hi
I was working on Neurotec Biometric 9 trial,and i have some problem with capturing webcam
when i want to capture camera i should use task or begin capture (according to SimpleFacesSampleCS - EnrollFromCamera)
but when the capture complete (in enrollment sample enroll complete) the webcam stop capturing ,
i just want to know how can i use webcam without stop for any work(detect face, enroll , create face token image and ...)
thanks

PS:I am using C# samples.

Hello,

it is not possible to not stop the camera in Neurotec Biometrics 9.0. Once the task is performed the capturing is stopped and you need to perform the task again to continue capturing.
If there is a need to use the camera continuously, then consider to use SentiVeillance SDK.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby cristiantm » Jun 30, 2017 10:51

Martynas wrote:
lRAGEl wrote:

How can i fix that error on my Ubuntu 14.04 (Neurotec_Biometric_5_1_SDK) when iam try to open videofile. Tried reinstall gstreamer pack but it didnt help. For images works well. On Windows 8.1 works well for images and videofiles.

Hello,

the error means that this library is not found on your Linux OS. GStreamer 1.2.2 or newer with gst-plugin-base and gst-plugin-good is required in order to use the SDK.

Hello Martynas,

What is the gstreamer version required for 9.0 SDK?

We are trying to run Face client code on Ubuntu 12.04 and after we installed gstreamer 1.2.2 it is possible to detect the camera, however the face client still does not work. We get this error on the stack trace: om.neurotec.lang.NRuntimeException: Failed to retrieve 'format' field
cristiantm

Postby MartynasV » Jun 30, 2017 11:35

cristiantm wrote:
Martynas wrote:
lRAGEl wrote:

Hello,

Hello Martynas,

What is the gstreamer version required for 9.0 SDK?

We are trying to run Face client code on Ubuntu 12.04 and after we installed gstreamer 1.2.2 it is possible to detect the camera, however the face client still does not work. We get this error on the stack trace: om.neurotec.lang.NRuntimeException: Failed to retrieve 'format' field

Hello cristiantm,

"GStreamer 1.2.2 or newer with gst-plugin-base and gst-plugin-good is required for face capture using camera/webcam or rtsp video. GStreamer 1.4.x or newer is recommended."

This is the first time we see this error, we will need to reproduce it.

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
Are you able to reproduce this error using one of our unmodified samples? If yes, then which one?
Provide full error stack trace.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby cristiantm » Jun 30, 2017 15:18

MartynasV wrote:Hello cristiantm,

"GStreamer 1.2.2 or newer with gst-plugin-base and gst-plugin-good is required for face capture using camera/webcam or rtsp video. GStreamer 1.4.x or newer is recommended."

This is the first time we see this error, we will need to reproduce it.

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
Are you able to reproduce this error using one of our unmodified samples? If yes, then which one?
Provide full error stack trace.

Hello Martynas, I upgraded to gstreamer 1.12.1 (latest one) and now it is working fine on Ubuntu 12.04. I guess is something related to < 1.4.x version then.

Do you know if any gst plugin does improve frame rate on Linux WebCams? The framerate on the same Windows x Linux machine is very different. I was wondering if installing extra pluings could improve that.
cristiantm

Postby MartynasV » Jul 04, 2017 07:17

cristiantm wrote:Hello Martynas, I upgraded to gstreamer 1.12.1 (latest one) and now it is working fine on Ubuntu 12.04. I guess is something related to < 1.4.x version then.

Do you know if any gst plugin does improve frame rate on Linux WebCams? The framerate on the same Windows x Linux machine is very different. I was wondering if installing extra pluings could improve that.

Hello cristiantm,

It is good to hear that it is working now.

Do you know if any gst plugin does improve frame rate on Linux WebCams?

No, I'm not aware of any plugins that would do that.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Previous

Return to Public