Fingerprint Scaner for Android

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby grekov » Mar 04, 2012 15:04

I have:
Samsung Galaxy S2 - rooted with Android 2.3.6
finger-sample.apk licensing.apk - installed.
OTG cable.
Eikon Solo fingerprint scanner.

I connect OTG cable to Galaxy, fingerprint scanner connect to OTG cable, run application and not see any fingerprint scanner in "Devices" list.
Even "lsusb" command that I run on android doesn't show fingerprint scanner.
What is wrong?
What I have to do due to work with Eikon Solo fingerprint scanner on my android device?
grekov
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 04, 2012 14:46

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Mar 05, 2012 11:46

grekov wrote:I have:
Samsung Galaxy S2 - rooted with Android 2.3.6
finger-sample.apk licensing.apk - installed.
OTG cable.
Eikon Solo fingerprint scanner.

I connect OTG cable to Galaxy, fingerprint scanner connect to OTG cable, run application and not see any fingerprint scanner in "Devices" list.
Even "lsusb" command that I run on android doesn't show fingerprint scanner.
What is wrong?
What I have to do due to work with Eikon Solo fingerprint scanner on my android device?

Hello,

if lsusb command does not enumerate the device, then it means that the device is not recognized it. Please check if other devices, i.e. mouse, are enumerated, when connected to the USB port of the device
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby grekov » Mar 05, 2012 16:29

My Android can enumerate disk-on-key and mouse but can't enumerate 2 upek's fingerprint readers.
How can I cause to Android enumerate it?
Where can I found rellevant drivers?
grekov
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 04, 2012 14:46

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Mar 06, 2012 13:11

grekov wrote:My Android can enumerate disk-on-key and mouse but can't enumerate 2 upek's fingerprint readers.
How can I cause to Android enumerate it?
Where can I found rellevant drivers?

there is no need to install any additional drivers. Usually it is enough to connect a scanner to a device and the lsusb command should list it as a new device.
What regards your exact situation - is it possible for you to test it on any other Android device with the USB host port?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby grekov » Mar 13, 2012 13:21

Dear Martynas,
I tried several ROMs and kernels for my Galaxy S2 - I still not succeed to cause recognize my 2 Upek's fingerprint readers.
I really want to purchase SDK, licenses, support etc. Now I am blocked in my development. Please help me to run neurotechnology examples.
Which version of Android, kernel can I use on my Galaxy S2?
Maybe I have to us custom kernel/ROM?
Regards
grekov
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 04, 2012 14:46

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Mar 14, 2012 10:46

grekov wrote:Dear Martynas,
I tried several ROMs and kernels for my Galaxy S2 - I still not succeed to cause recognize my 2 Upek's fingerprint readers.
I really want to purchase SDK, licenses, support etc. Now I am blocked in my development. Please help me to run neurotechnology examples.
Which version of Android, kernel can I use on my Galaxy S2?
Maybe I have to us custom kernel/ROM?
Regards

we do not have a possibility to check it on the Galaxy S2 device. So I can not comment on what kernel/ROM it should be working. The detection problem can be related to power output of the USB port of the device. So, if it is possible, maybe you can try to use some externally powered usb hub to connect the scanner.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby grekov » Mar 14, 2012 13:42

Could you publish which android phones can I use for development?
Thank you
grekov
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 04, 2012 14:46

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Mar 19, 2012 09:26

grekov wrote:Could you publish which android phones can I use for development?
Thank you

we do not have such list.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby fotang » Mar 20, 2012 09:36

I have a similar problem with the Galaxy S2: When connected to the phone, the Eikon light ``flashes'' twice and goes off; the Eikon Touch flashes once and goes off. Of course, lsusb doesn't find any of the two.
It would be helpful if we had a list of android devices that work. I believe there is an opportunity for porting existing applications to mobile devices. Anyway, will keep trying to find a way. Perhaps it's indeed a power issue.

--mfotang
fotang
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 05, 2010 18:58

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Mar 21, 2012 11:22

fotang wrote:I have a similar problem with the Galaxy S2: When connected to the phone, the Eikon light ``flashes'' twice and goes off; the Eikon Touch flashes once and goes off. Of course, lsusb doesn't find any of the two.
It would be helpful if we had a list of android devices that work. I believe there is an opportunity for porting existing applications to mobile devices. Anyway, will keep trying to find a way. Perhaps it's indeed a power issue.

Hello,

i have contacted the Authentec company, which is manufacturer of the Eikon scanners, but unfortunately they could not confirm that their devices will work on the SGS2 devices.
They told me that they have used the Acer A500 tablet to test their devices. We have tested their devices with the Acer A400 tablet.
We are looking for SGS2 device and OTG cable now to check the situation on our side too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby fotang » Mar 22, 2012 11:57

Thanks for the update.
For your info, we have tested on some low-cost android tablet and this is the status:
1. lsusb lists the device:
- 147e:2016 (Eikon)
- 147e:3001 (Eikon Touch)
But:
2. The sample app (``Veringer'') does not list any of the scanners: the ``Devices'' list empty.
I hope this is useful. We'll try with other tablets.
fotang
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 05, 2010 18:58

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Povilas » Mar 22, 2012 14:11

fotang wrote:Thanks for the update.
For your info, we have tested on some low-cost android tablet and this is the status:
1. lsusb lists the device:
- 147e:2016 (Eikon)
- 147e:3001 (Eikon Touch)
But:
2. The sample app (``Veringer'') does not list any of the scanners: the ``Devices'' list empty.
I hope this is useful. We'll try with other tablets.


Try the following:
Code: Select all
cd /dev/bus/usb/001
lsusb
# find out device id if there will be many devices try to disconnect it and connect again, new device should be the one
chmod 666 001
#change permissions for device (001-device id)
#This requires root permission, so will not work on not rooted devices.
Povilas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Aug 13, 2009 14:17

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby fotang » Apr 10, 2012 11:32

1. I did `chmod -R 666 /dev/bus/usb` and the sample app (``Veringer'') still doesn't list any of the UPEK scanners. lsub lists them on the tablet.

2. By the way, I've been playing with some scanners and discovered that the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone sees the following unsupported scanners (according to `lsusb'):
- Crossmatch Verifier 300 LC (080b:0030)
- Suprema Inc RealScan-10 (16d1:1010)
- Crossmatch Lscan Patrol (1645:0103)
The following supported scanners do not show up at all:
- Eikon, Eikon Touch,
fotang
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 05, 2010 18:58

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby Martynas » Apr 11, 2012 06:42

fotang wrote:1. I did `chmod -R 666 /dev/bus/usb` and the sample app (``Veringer'') still doesn't list any of the UPEK scanners. lsub lists them on the tablet.

2. By the way, I've been playing with some scanners and discovered that the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone sees the following unsupported scanners (according to `lsusb'):
- Crossmatch Verifier 300 LC (080b:0030)
- Suprema Inc RealScan-10 (16d1:1010)
- Crossmatch Lscan Patrol (1645:0103)
The following supported scanners do not show up at all:
- Eikon, Eikon Touch,

Hello,

please follow these steps on the tablet:

1. disconnect the scanner
2. use command "cd /dev/bus/usb/001"
3. use command "lsusb". It will list all usb devices. In the list in each row there will be a three digit number, i.e. 001, 002 and etc.
4. connect one Eikon scanner
5. use command "lsusb". You will see a new entry in the list, with three digits number at the end, i.e. 003. Remember this number.
6. use command "chmod 666 remembered_number". Replace the remembered_number with the number from step 5. i.e. if the last 3 digits were 003, then the command should look like this "chmod 666 003"
7. Stop the sample application. on tablet go to Settings -> Manage Applications and find the VeriFinger sample and force stop it.
8. Start the VeriFinger sample.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby stieve23 » Jul 10, 2017 05:55

grekov wrote:Dear Martynas,
I tried several ROMs and kernels for my Galaxy S2 - I still not succeed to cause recognize my 2 Upek"s fingerprint readers.
I really want to purchase SDK, licenses, support etc. Now I am blocked in my development. Please help me to run neurotechnology examples.
Which version of Android, kernel can I use on my Galaxy S2?
Maybe I have to us custom kernel/ROM?
Regards


Hello,

I developed an App called Fingerprint Scanner Actions because I never understood why I could use my fingerprint scanner only for unlocking my device or other security reasons.
So can you please give me how can I improve my app and more comfortable for other users??
Thanks in Advance
stieve23
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 10, 2017 05:45

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby MartynasV » Jul 11, 2017 06:40

stieve23 wrote:
grekov wrote:Dear Martynas,
I tried several ROMs and kernels for my Galaxy S2 - I still not succeed to cause recognize my 2 Upek"s fingerprint readers.
I really want to purchase SDK, licenses, support etc. Now I am blocked in my development. Please help me to run neurotechnology examples.
Which version of Android, kernel can I use on my Galaxy S2?
Maybe I have to us custom kernel/ROM?
Regards


Hello,

I developed an App called Fingerprint Scanner Actions because I never understood why I could use my fingerprint scanner only for unlocking my device or other security reasons.
So can you please give me how can I improve my app and more comfortable for other users??
Thanks in Advance

Hello stieve23,

I assume that you have developed that app using our SDK. Are you experiencing some issue?
Can you give more specific question?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby stieve23 » Jul 15, 2017 07:55

MartynasV wrote:
stieve23 wrote:
grekov wrote:Dear Martynas,
I tried several ROMs and kernels for my Galaxy S2 - I still not succeed to cause recognize my 2 Upek"s blueprint scanning.
I really want to purchase SDK, licenses, support etc. Now I am blocked in my development. Please help me to run neurotechnology examples.
Which version of Android, kernel can I use on my Galaxy S2?
Maybe I have to us custom kernel/ROM?
Regards


Hello,

I developed an App called Fingerprint Scanner Actions because I never understood why I could use my fingerprint scanner only for unlocking my device or other security reasons.
So can you please give me how can I improve my app and more comfortable for other users??
Thanks in Advance

Hello stieve23,

I assume that you have developed that app using our SDK. Are you experiencing some issue?
Can you give more specific question?


Thanks for the reply MartynasV
Actually I"m having problem regarding connection between fingerprint scanning driver and my apk.
Please reply soon if you have any suggestions. Thanks
Stieve
stieve23
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 10, 2017 05:45

Re: Fingerprint Scaner for Android

Postby MartynasV » Jul 17, 2017 08:28

stieve23 wrote:Thanks for the reply MartynasV
Actually I"m having problem regarding connection between fingerprint scanning driver and my apk.
Please reply soon if you have any suggestions. Thanks
Stieve

Hello Stieve,

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
What device you are using? What android version does it have?
What exact fingerprint scanner you are using? Can you find it in our supported scanners list: http://www.neurotechnology.com/cgi-bin/ ... anners.cgi ?
Try some USB viewer application and check if your device sees the scanner connected. Does it?
Have you tried with our unmodified sample? Does it sees the device?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Feb 27, 2015 11:24
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania


Return to Public

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests