Postby julius88xx » Nov 08, 2012 03:54

Hi,
can anyone help me how to build and sign my java codes, im using netbeans,
thanks
julius88xx

Re: VeriFinger in netbeans [Java]

Postby Martynas » Nov 08, 2012 15:05

julius88xx wrote:Hi,

Im developing a software using the verifinger sdk in netbeans, and i don't know how to compile and sign it, can anyone help me how to build the right jar and how to sign it?
thanks

julius88xx wrote:Hi,
can anyone help me how to build and sign my java codes, im using netbeans,
thanks

Hi,

below are steps how to import our provided abis-sample sample into NetBeans and compile it.
As we are providing our projects as maven projects, the jar signing is implemented in Maven pom files, included in the SDK.

1. In NetBeans click “File > Open Project”
2. Select “Samples” folder in the SDK and click “Open project” button
3. Right click on “neurotec samples” and choose build
4. Expand “Neurotec samples -> Modules -> biometric-samples”
5. Double click on “abis-sample”
6. Expand “abis-sample” project
7. Expand “Project Files” and edit the pom.xml:
a. Delete first line “<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>” from it
8. Right click on the “abis-sample” project
9. Choose properties
10. Select Run category
11. Click “browse” button near “Working Category”
12. Select SDK folder “Bin\win32_x86” if your JVM is 32 bit, or select “Bin\win64_x64” folder if your JVM is 64 bit.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Java general questions

Postby GPaulino » Nov 14, 2012 13:39

hi all,

the LibraryManager class located in the com.neurotec.samples.util package have only three method i can know what is the path that is reading but i cant change it, then my question is, this is only in the sample version that i cant change the path??
GPaulino

Postby Martynas » Nov 16, 2012 09:38

Hello,

GPaulino wrote:i can know what is the path that is reading

It is searching for libraries in system paths: working folder of the application, java.library.path and etc.

GPaulino wrote:then my question is, this is only in the sample version that i cant change the path??

if you want to change the path then you need to implement the method, which will be changing the "jna.library.path" and "java.library.path" as it is done in the "initLibraryPath()" method.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby GPaulino » Nov 18, 2012 17:00

Martynas wrote:Hello,

GPaulino wrote:i can know what is the path that is reading

It is searching for libraries in system paths: working folder of the application, java.library.path and etc.

GPaulino wrote:then my question is, this is only in the sample version that i cant change the path??

if you want to change the path then you need to implement the method, which will be changing the "jna.library.path" and "java.library.path" as it is done in the "initLibraryPath()" method.

Hi Martynas, I have any questrions for you.

I was looking the interface that have these method but cant found it, then could you please tell me where can I find the corect interface that i need to implement to change the Library path??.

I`m trying to create a executable ( .jar ), because I create my class to test and use your libraries, I'm using the simple-faces-sample proyect for this, my goal is to run this out eclipse. I do so with the following steps:

1- Right click on the proyect.
2- click on export.
3- in java options, I select a Runnable JAR file and click on the next button.
4- Put the name and path to the JAR and click on finish button.

when i try to run the jar show a JOptionPane with the follow description the title is: Error, and the message is: Unable to load library 'NCore': the specified module could not be found. I find the APIs int the path that you said me but all that I saw is for C and other language but no for java.

NOTE: I'm using eclipse.
GPaulino

Postby Martynas » Nov 19, 2012 13:45

Hi,

All our algorithms are provided as native libraries (C dlls on windows). Java uses wrappers, which are using these native dlls. So you need to set the path to these dlls, when executing your jar file.:

Code: Select all
java -Djava.library.path="path_to_sdk_dlls" -jar your_application.jar
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby GPaulino » Nov 23, 2012 12:59

Hi Martynas,

I run the JAR how you told me but is not founding the libraries, I wrote java -Djava.library.path="C:\Users\msantos.INVERSIONESCAST\Desktop\Biometrico\Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial\Bin\Win64_x64" -jar C:\Users\msantos.INVERSIONESCAST\Desktop\Biometrico\Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial\Bin\Java\pruebaLOL.jar
and is send the fallow message
Unable to load library 'NCore' the specified module could not be found, I know that is because isn't reading the dlls
I try run used the .bat that have in the Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial\Bin\Java
1- I copy the file.
2- change the JAR name and save.

was working, I restart the computer and now is sending
Type map already has the specified hNativeType as key
GPaulino

Postby Martynas » Nov 23, 2012 14:14

Hi,

GPaulino wrote:I run the JAR how you told me but is not founding the libraries, I wrote java -Djava.library.path="C:\Users\msantos.INVERSIONESCAST\Desktop\Biometrico\Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial\Bin\Win64_x64" -jar C:\Users\msantos.INVERSIONESCAST\Desktop\Biometrico\Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial\Bin\Java\pruebaLOL.jar
and is send the fallow message

is your JVM 64 bit or 32 bit. if it is 32 bit and you have tried to use 64 bit dlls, then it could be reason why you have received this issue.

GPaulino wrote:was working, I restart the computer and now is sending

Where do you get such error? Do you receive the same output, when using our provided sample?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby GPaulino » Nov 23, 2012 17:17

is your JVM 64 bit or 32 bit. if it is 32 bit and you have tried to use 64 bit dlls, then it could be reason why you have received this issue.

Oki that's right, using the 32 bit is running but send the second error
, my OS is 64 bit but my JVM is 32 bit,not whether this influences.

Where do you get such error? Do you receive the same output, when using our provided sample?

I get this error when I try to run my jar, your sample is running....
GPaulino

Postby vaidasz » Nov 26, 2012 13:19

GPaulino wrote:

Oki that's right, using the 32 bit is running but send the second error
, my OS is 64 bit but my JVM is 32 bit,not whether this influences.

I get this error when I try to run my jar, your sample is running....

Hello,

Please provide full exception message of "Type map already has the specified hNativeType as key".
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby GPaulino » Nov 27, 2012 12:52

Hello,

Please provide full exception message of "Type map already has the specified hNativeType as key".

that's all, the JOption title is "Error" and in the body is wrote "Type map already has the specified hNativeType as key"
GPaulino

Postby Martynas » Nov 27, 2012 13:51

GPaulino wrote:that's all, the JOption title is "Error" and in the body is wrote "Type map already has the specified hNativeType as key"

as you wrote in your previous post our provided sample is running without issues and this error is received only in your application, then please debug your application and check what function and when throws this error.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

MegaMatcher Standard Java Compilation [Java]

Postby biometric_dev » Dec 21, 2012 20:10

I downloaded the MegaMatcher SDK 4.4 and setup the eclipse/maven environment. The license was installed successfully and I ran the compiled executible. I extracted the folder onto the D:/ drive. I could successfully import the Maven project but when I run the Run As->Maven Install option I get the following error:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building simple-fingers-sample 4.4.0.0
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-core:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-media:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-media-processing:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics:jar:4.4.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics-tools:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-gui:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics-gui:jar:4.4.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-devices:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-licensing:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec.samples:utils:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

I followed the instructions in the SDK documentation but couldn't figure out the issue. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

Admin: merged to "Java general questions"
biometric_dev

Re: MegaMatcher Standard Java Compilation

Postby vaidasz » Dec 28, 2012 15:22

biometric_dev wrote:I downloaded the MegaMatcher SDK 4.4 and setup the eclipse/maven environment. The license was installed successfully and I ran the compiled executible. I extracted the folder onto the D:/ drive. I could successfully import the Maven project but when I run the Run As->Maven Install option I get the following error:
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building simple-fingers-sample 4.4.0.0
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-core:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-media:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-media-processing:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics:jar:4.4.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics-tools:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-gui:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-biometrics-gui:jar:4.4.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-devices:jar:4.1.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec:neurotec-licensing:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for com.neurotec.samples:utils:jar:4.2.0.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

I followed the instructions in the SDK documentation but couldn't figure out the issue. Is there an easy fix to this problem?

Hello,

It seems that yyou have imported project from incorrect directory. You need to import project from samples directory (not from subfolders). There is another .pom file which holds all the dependencies.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Error: Could not load main class com.neurotec.sample [Java]

Postby aman000 » Jan 12, 2013 21:52

Hi there
I have imported samples file via maven. but when i try to run simple face sample, it give me this error. Can you please help?
Error: Could not find or load main class com.neurotec.samples.SimpleFacesApplication

Thanks
Bill

aman000

Re: Error: Could not find or load main class com.neurotec.sa

Postby Martynas » Jan 14, 2013 14:42

aman000 wrote:Hi there
I have imported samples file via maven. but when i try to run simple face sample, it give me this error. Can you please help?
Error: Could not find or load main class com.neurotec.samples.SimpleFacesApplication

Thanks
Bill

Hi,

samples in Eclipse via Maven should be imported from the SDK "Samples" folder. Did you use this folder, or any other?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby aman000 » Jan 14, 2013 20:49

Hi Martynas,

Yes, "Samples" folder was used. Not the subfolder. After import, there is no errors showing on the imported files. And i can see the main class was there? But some how, system can not find it?

Regards,
aman000

Postby Martynas » Jan 15, 2013 08:20

aman000 wrote:Yes, "Samples" folder was used. Not the subfolder. After import, there is no errors showing on the imported files. And i can see the main class was there? But some how, system can not find it?

did you set the working folder in Eclipse of the imported sample to the SDK folder with dlls?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby aman000 » Jan 15, 2013 09:32

Hi Martynas

Yes. The working directory was set to Bin\Win32-x86 under file system of argument tab.

When I Run Maven Install for util package, I got error messages shown below. This may need to be fixed first.
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building utils 4.2.0.0
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @ utils ---
[debug] execute contextualize
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (GBK actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Common\Java\utils\src\main\resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ utils ---
[WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding GBK, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Common\Java\utils\target\classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] \Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Common\Java\utils\src\main\java\com\neurotec\samples\util\LibraryManager.java:[190,9] error: error while writing LibC: could not create parent directories
[INFO] 1 error
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 9.601s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 15 22:14:00 NZDT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/24M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) on project utils: Compilation failure
[ERROR] \Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Common\Java\utils\src\main\java\com\neurotec\samples\util\LibraryManager.java:[190,9] error: error while writing LibC: could not create parent directories
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Thank your very much
Last edited by Sergey on Jan 16, 2013 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Error message now quoted as code
aman000

Postby aman000 » Jan 15, 2013 10:08

Hi Martynas,

Sorry to bother you again. Just a bit more informtion here. I have reimported everything. When rebuilt Util package. Now i got this error message.
C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Biometrics\Java\simple-faces-sample\..\..\..\..\Bin\Java\simple-faces-sample.bat (Access is denied) (org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources:default-resources:process-resources)   pom.xml   /simple-faces-sample   line 4   Maven Build Problem

Thank you very much
Cheers
aman000

Postby Martynas » Jan 15, 2013 13:51

aman000 wrote:Sorry to bother you again. Just a bit more informtion here. I have reimported everything. When rebuilt Util package. Now i got this error message.
C:\Program Files\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.4 SDK Trial\Samples\Biometrics\Java\simple-faces-sample\..\..\..\..\Bin\Java\simple-faces-sample.bat (Access is denied) (org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources:default-resources:process-resources)   pom.xml   /simple-faces-sample   line 4   Maven Build Problem

could you please try to import the sample into Eclipse not from the installed location (Program Files), but from the downloaded SDK from any other folder, except Program Files folder?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Error: Could not load main class com.neurotec.sample [Ja

Postby aman000 » Jan 16, 2013 10:54

Martynas wrote:could you please try to import the sample into Eclipse not from the installed location (Program Files), but from the downloaded SDK from any other folder, except Program Files folder?

Hi Martynas,

Thank you very much. It is working now. Really appreciate.

Cheers
aman000

Main class SimpleFingersApplication.java can not run

Postby 2sarika » Jan 21, 2013 04:59

In Samples-Biometrics-Java-simple-fingers-sample I can not able to run SimpleFingersApplication.java
I get error as below,
Loading library NCore
Loading library NLicensing
Loading library NMedia
Loading library NMediaProc
Loading library NBiometrics
Library NCore was not loaded.
Library NLicensing was not loaded.
Library NMedia was not loaded.
Library NMediaProc was not loaded.
Library NBiometrics was not loaded.
Library NBiometricTools was not loaded.
Library NSmartCards was not loaded.
Library NBiometricStandards was not loaded.
Library NDevices was not loaded.
Loading library NBiometricTools
Loading library NSmartCards
Loading library NBiometricStandards
Loading library NDevices
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.neurotec.media.NMedia.<clinit>(NMedia.java:46)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImages.<clinit>(NImages.java:31)
   at com.neurotec.samples.EnrollFromImage.initGUI(EnrollFromImage.java:216)
   at com.neurotec.samples.EnrollFromImage.<init>(EnrollFromImage.java:88)
   at com.neurotec.samples.MainPanel.initGUI(MainPanel.java:50)
   at com.neurotec.samples.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:39)
   at com.neurotec.samples.SimpleFingersApplication.main(SimpleFingersApplication.java:52)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:118)
   at com.neurotec.media.NMedia.<clinit>(NMedia.java:43)
   ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'NCore': libNCore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:169)
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:242)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:110)
   ... 7 more

(My OS is Ubuntu - Linux and done activation process)
Last edited by Sergey on Jan 21, 2013 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrapped the error message in code tag
2sarika

Re: Main class SimpleFingersApplication.java can not run

Postby Martynas » Jan 23, 2013 09:15

2sarika wrote:In Samples-Biometrics-Java-simple-fingers-sample I can not able to run SimpleFingersApplication.java
I get error as below,
Loading library NCore
Loading library NLicensing
Loading library NMedia
Loading library NMediaProc
Loading library NBiometrics
Library NCore was not loaded.
Library NLicensing was not loaded.
Library NMedia was not loaded.
Library NMediaProc was not loaded.
Library NBiometrics was not loaded.
Library NBiometricTools was not loaded.
Library NSmartCards was not loaded.
Library NBiometricStandards was not loaded.
Library NDevices was not loaded.
Loading library NBiometricTools
Loading library NSmartCards
Loading library NBiometricStandards
Loading library NDevices
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.neurotec.media.NMedia.<clinit>(NMedia.java:46)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImages.<clinit>(NImages.java:31)
   at com.neurotec.samples.EnrollFromImage.initGUI(EnrollFromImage.java:216)
   at com.neurotec.samples.EnrollFromImage.<init>(EnrollFromImage.java:88)
   at com.neurotec.samples.MainPanel.initGUI(MainPanel.java:50)
   at com.neurotec.samples.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:39)
   at com.neurotec.samples.SimpleFingersApplication.main(SimpleFingersApplication.java:52)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:118)
   at com.neurotec.media.NMedia.<clinit>(NMedia.java:43)
   ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'NCore': libNCore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:169)
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:242)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:110)
   ... 7 more

(My OS is Ubuntu - Linux and done activation process)

Hi,

these errors are shown, if the application can not get access to *.so files from the SDK. Please ensure that *.so files are available for your application.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby gkacskovics » Jan 24, 2013 17:16

Hello,
I'm trying to modify the [simple-fingers-sample] sample app to read multiple scans in a row. I thought I start to capture after I registered the preview event listener and I display the fingerprint on the screen from the preview event arg's NImage object.

So I assumed capture() will scan and the event will fire after every scan. However I see the event won't fire after the first event with OK status.
I assumed this from the documentation: "This event is invoked when scanning device receives fingerprint or palmprint image and can display it to user. "

I'm trying to achieve what in an older version of the SDK you could achive with the line:

ScanMan.SMStartCapturing(ScanMan.SMGetScannerId(i), this);
this -> ScannerEventListener

I also get these exceptions if I register the event listener and I scan my finger:

JNA: Callback com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1@63048e threw the following exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:223)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:162)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.setLastError(NResult.java:303)
   at com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1.invoke(NFScanner.java:113)

Did anyone encounter something similar? Did anyone try to display scans in a row?

Thanks in advance!
gkacskovics

Postby Martynas » Jan 25, 2013 08:58

gkacskovics wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to modify the [simple-fingers-sample] sample app to read multiple scans in a row. I thought I start to capture after I registered the preview event listener and I display the fingerprint on the screen from the preview event arg's NImage object.

So I assumed capture() will scan and the event will fire after every scan. However I see the event won't fire after the first event with OK status.
I assumed this from the documentation: "This event is invoked when scanning device receives fingerprint or palmprint image and can display it to user. "

I'm trying to achieve what in an older version of the SDK you could achive with the line:

ScanMan.SMStartCapturing(ScanMan.SMGetScannerId(i), this);
this -> ScannerEventListener

I also get these exceptions if I register the event listener and I scan my finger:

JNA: Callback com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1@63048e threw the following exception:
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:223)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:162)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.setLastError(NResult.java:303)
   at com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1.invoke(NFScanner.java:113)

Did anyone encounter something similar? Did anyone try to display scans in a row?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

the "preview" event is fired only if the scanners supports the preview functionality. Some scanners does not have such functionality and preview event is not setting images. Only the image returned by capture() method is used then.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby gkacskovics » Jan 30, 2013 16:40

Thank you for your previous answer.

I made some progress with my work and now I have a new question.
Could you provide me some information about the compatibility of templates of SDK 4.2 and 6.5?

Here is what I would like to do:

Scenario 1.: I want to match a template extracted from a fingerprint scanned with 4.2 with one created with 6.5. I would like to use SDK 6.5 for matching.
Scenario 2.: I want to use a template extracted from a fingerprint scanned with SDK 6.5 for match with SDK 4.2 against a template created with SDK 4.2 .

If it's too big question and you have a compatibility matrix somewhere you can just point me to a document.

Thanks in advance!

gkacskovics

Postby Martynas » Jan 31, 2013 07:38

gkacskovics wrote:Thank you for your previous answer.

I made some progress with my work and now I have a new question.
Could you provide me some information about the compatibility of templates of SDK 4.2 and 6.5?

Here is what I would like to do:

Scenario 1.: I want to match a template extracted from a fingerprint scanned with 4.2 with one created with 6.5. I would like to use SDK 6.5 for matching.
Scenario 2.: I want to use a template extracted from a fingerprint scanned with SDK 6.5 for match with SDK 4.2 against a template created with SDK 4.2 .

If it's too big question and you have a compatibility matrix somewhere you can just point me to a document.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

by saying SDK 4.2, do you mean the VeriFinger 4.2, and by saying SDK 6.5, do you mean VeriFinger 6.5?
If yes, then the first scenario is possible. You can use the VeriFinger 4.2 templates with the VeriFinger 6.5 by reading VF 4.2 saved templates as NFRecord in the VF 6.5. But it is not possible to use VF 6.5 templates in the VeriFinger 4.2.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Java Samples Error

Postby moeHaydar » Feb 05, 2013 14:58

I followed Java Samples Compilation guide from the documentation pdf.
I installed maven and did everything required.
when i run it as Maven build i get the following error:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building abis-sample 4.4.0.0
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.689s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 05 16:56:07 EET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/114M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project abis-sample: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.neurotec.samples:abis-sample:jar:4.4.0.0: Failure to find com.neurotec.samples:utils:jar:4.2.0.0 in http://acra.googlecode.com/svn/repository/releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of acra-releases has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

Note i am using:
Neurotechnology Biometric SDK 4.4
Updated December 17, 2012 by Neurotechnology

Product revision number: 98278

Thanks

moeHaydar

Re: Java Samples Error

Postby Martynas » Feb 07, 2013 13:02

moeHaydar wrote:I followed Java Samples Compilation guide from the documentation pdf.
I installed maven and did everything required.
when i run it as Maven build i get the following error:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] Building abis-sample 4.4.0.0
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.689s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 05 16:56:07 EET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/114M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project abis-sample: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.neurotec.samples:abis-sample:jar:4.4.0.0: Failure to find com.neurotec.samples:utils:jar:4.2.0.0 in http://acra.googlecode.com/svn/repository/releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of acra-releases has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

Note i am using:
Neurotechnology Biometric SDK 4.4
Updated December 17, 2012 by Neurotechnology

Product revision number: 98278

Thanks

Hi,

it looks like you have imported the project not from the "samples" folder.
First of all run command "mvn clean install" in Command Line in "Samples" folder. Then import the maven project in Eclipse from "samples" folder too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Java Samples Error

Postby moeHaydar » Feb 07, 2013 13:51

Martynas wrote:it looks like you have imported the project not from the "samples" folder.
First of all run command "mvn clean install" in Command Line in "Samples" folder. Then import the maven project in Eclipse from "samples" folder too.

I am doing it from the command line. It is working.

Thanks
moeHaydar

Finger matching [Java]

Postby sgjoshi » Mar 25, 2013 06:44

Hi,

I have downloaded the SDK, eclipse and Maven. I followed the instructions and was able to build the samples. I can even run those from command line on Windows. My interest is in fingerprint matching and here is what I did:

1. I ran the "simple-fingers-sample". The Swing application was able to register finger, create a template and save image too.
2. Now I want to create a new application - on the lines of tutorials provided. However, I am not familiar at all with Maven and hence have not been able to compile and run the tutorials.
3.There is a tutorial for verifying finger, which works on command prompt and prints out results of matching. However, this tutorial code reads templates or images. What I want is this:
a: register a finger and create template
b: ask the user to put his/her finger on scanner
c: get the image from scanner and then match with template and print the results

This may sound too simple, but can someone guide me?

Thanks,
Sudhir

sgjoshi

Re: Finger matching [Java][Match]

Postby Martynas » Mar 25, 2013 15:10

sgjoshi wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded the SDK, eclipse and Maven. I followed the instructions and was able to build the samples. I can even run those from command line on Windows. My interest is in fingerprint matching and here is what I did:

1. I ran the "simple-fingers-sample". The Swing application was able to register finger, create a template and save image too.
2. Now I want to create a new application - on the lines of tutorials provided. However, I am not familiar at all with Maven and hence have not been able to compile and run the tutorials.
3.There is a tutorial for verifying finger, which works on command prompt and prints out results of matching. However, this tutorial code reads templates or images. What I want is this:
a: register a finger and create template
b: ask the user to put his/her finger on scanner
c: get the image from scanner and then match with template and print the results

This may sound too simple, but can someone guide me?

Thanks,
Sudhir

Hello,

"simple-finger-sample" shows the same functionality, which you require. So basically you need to combine this sample into your application.
Maven is chosen as the most comfortable configuration tool for us, but you can avoid using it and create your own projects without Maven usage.
If you want to compile tutorials provided in the SDK, then you can run "mvn clean install" command in the SDK "tutorials" folder.
If you want to use it in the Eclipse, then import them as Maven project from the "Tutorials" folder, and define working directory to point to SDK "bin\win32_x86" or "bin\win64_x64" folder. Also you will need to define additional parameters for each tutorial.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Projgo » Apr 05, 2013 16:24

Hello

i'm trying to run your sample "NffvJavaSample". Everytime i run it ( right click on Project Name , Run As - Java Application ) , select Futronic and click on button "LOAD", i got a following error :
Loading scanner modules
Futronic
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.create0(Native Method)
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.<init>(Nffv.java:36)
   at NffvSample.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:62)
   at NffvSample.ScannerModules.actionPerformed(ScannerModules.java:91)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   ... 14 more

My scanner is an Futronic FS 80. I installed the driver supplied on SDK and the error persists.
Last edited by Sergey on Apr 16, 2013 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrapped the error message into code tags
Projgo

Postby Martynas » Apr 08, 2013 11:35

Projgo wrote:Hello

i'm trying to run your sample "NffvJavaSample". Everytime i run it ( right click on Project Name , Run As - Java Application ) , select Futronic and click on button "LOAD", i got a following error :
Loading scanner modules
Futronic
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
   ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Win32 error has occured
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.create0(Native Method)
   at com.neurotechnology.Nffv.Nffv.<init>(Nffv.java:36)
   at NffvSample.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:62)
   at NffvSample.ScannerModules.actionPerformed(ScannerModules.java:91)
   ... 14 more

My scanner is an Futronic FS 80. I installed the driver supplied on SDK and the error persists.

Hello,

please delete the folder "C:\Users\<username>\.neurotec" and try to run the project again.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Crisstina » May 15, 2013 19:47

Hello,

I have the newest SDK and I'm trying to run the simple-fingers-sample application under java and eclipse, but I don't know how to tell the application where to find the licenses. I have the dongle with licenses in a remote computer. The computer I am running the samples doesn't have the PG Service running.

Where can I edit the IP of the computer that has the licenses to make the application run?

Thank you once again for your help.
Crisstina

Postby vaidasz » May 16, 2013 15:56

Crisstina wrote:Hello,

I have the newest SDK and I'm trying to run the simple-fingers-sample application under java and eclipse, but I don't know how to tell the application where to find the licenses. I have the dongle with licenses in a remote computer. The computer I am running the samples doesn't have the PG Service running.

Where can I edit the IP of the computer that has the licenses to make the application run?

Thank you once again for your help.

Hello,

To be able to obtain licenses from remote computer without pg service running on local computer you need to modify:
boolean state = NLicense.obtainComponents(ADDRESS, PORT, license);

of FingersTools.java located at Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\simple-fingers-sample\src\main\java\com\neurotec\samples\ where ADDRESS should be the IP address that has dongle connected and licensing service running.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Crisstina » May 16, 2013 16:18

Excellent Vaidas, Thank you! I just did that.

One more thing. I am using the Integrated Biometrics LES 650 fingerprint scanner, but the application is not recognizing it.
If I use the Digital Persona 4000B, it returns an error:
JNA: Callback com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1@3f545b48 threw the following exception:
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:250)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:189)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.setLastError(NResult.java:330)
   at com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1.invoke(NFScanner.java:114)

What do I do?
Crisstina

Postby vaidasz » May 16, 2013 17:05

Crisstina wrote:One more thing. I am using the Integrated Biometrics LES 650 fingerprint scanner, but the application is not recognizing it.

What drivers have you installed? Where did you get them from? You need to use the drivers that could be downloaded from our website: http://download.neurotechnology.com/Scanner_Drivers.zip.

Crisstina wrote:If I use the Digital Persona 4000B, it returns an error:
JNA: Callback com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1@3f545b48 threw the following exception:
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:250)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.setLast(NError.java:189)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.setLastError(NResult.java:330)
   at com.neurotec.devices.NFScanner$1.invoke(NFScanner.java:114)

What drivers have you installed? Where did you get them from? Do you get the same issue using our samples provided with SDK (for example, DevicesSampleCS.exe)?
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby shaipan » May 17, 2013 09:32

Hi i am getting data from the database and comparing the fingers with the scanned image.

i am getting following exception--
b1:java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=8637 cap=8637]
java.lang.RuntimeException: BMP number of planes is not one
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkAll(NResult.java:298)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.raiseError(NResult.java:308)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.check(NResult.java:219)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImage.fromMemory(NImage.java:858)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImage.fromMemory(NImage.java:833)
   at com.wipro.biometric.Verify.extractTemplateByteBuffer(Verify.java:164)
   at com.wipro.biometric.Verify.verifyFinger(Verify.java:88)
   at com.wipro.biometric.VerifyFromScanner.next(VerifyFromScanner.java:382)
   at com.wipro.biometric.VerifyFromScanner.actionPerformed(VerifyFromScanner.java:484)
Caused by: com.neurotec.io.NIOException: BMP number of planes is not one
   at com.neurotec.io.IOErrorCreator.create(IOErrorCreator.java:18)
   at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:20)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:143)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:163)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:177)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:230)
   ... 44 more
Score:-1
Releasing licenses... done.

Please suggest to resolve this issue.
Last edited by Sergey on May 17, 2013 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrapped the error message into code tags
shaipan

Postby vaidasz » May 20, 2013 16:10

shaipan wrote:Hi i am getting data from the database and comparing the fingers with the scanned image.

i am getting following exception--
b1:java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=8637 cap=8637]
java.lang.RuntimeException: BMP number of planes is not one
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkAll(NResult.java:298)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.raiseError(NResult.java:308)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.check(NResult.java:219)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImage.fromMemory(NImage.java:858)
   at com.neurotec.images.NImage.fromMemory(NImage.java:833)
   at com.wipro.biometric.Verify.extractTemplateByteBuffer(Verify.java:164)
   at com.wipro.biometric.Verify.verifyFinger(Verify.java:88)
   at com.wipro.biometric.VerifyFromScanner.next(VerifyFromScanner.java:382)
   at com.wipro.biometric.VerifyFromScanner.actionPerformed(VerifyFromScanner.java:484)
Caused by: com.neurotec.io.NIOException: BMP number of planes is not one
   at com.neurotec.io.IOErrorCreator.create(IOErrorCreator.java:18)
   at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:20)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:143)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:163)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:177)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:230)
   ... 44 more
Score:-1
Releasing licenses... done.

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

Hello,

Please write to support@neurotechnology.com with the description of the issue. Also specify exact function that throws the exception. Send the templates that you are using for matching.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

AbisApplet in web Browser

Postby shaipan » May 22, 2013 06:29

Hi,
I have build the abis-sample applet by the command mvn –Papplet –X.
When I am running applet in applet viewer its working fine, but when I am trying to run applet on web browser I am getting the first page as different buttons for Enroll,Identify,Verify,About.
Now when I am clicking the buttons no action is happening except in the About button.
Can you tell what could be the problem.
shaipan

Postby Martynas » May 22, 2013 10:38

shaipan wrote:Hi,
I have build the abis-sample applet by the command mvn –Papplet –X.
When I am running applet in applet viewer its working fine, but when I am trying to run applet on web browser I am getting the first page as different buttons for Enroll,Identify,Verify,About.
Now when I am clicking the buttons no action is happening except in the About button.
Can you tell what could be the problem.

Hello,

please try to run command "mvn clean package -Papplet".
If you will have the same issue, then please provide the output of the Java Console too.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Crisstina » May 23, 2013 19:49

vaidasz wrote:
What drivers have you installed? Where did you get them from? You need to use the drivers that could be downloaded from our website: http://download.neurotechnology.com/Scanner_Drivers.zip.

I downloaded the drivers you provided in the link, and deleted my previous drivers. Then, I installed the ones that you provided.

vaidasz wrote:What drivers have you installed? Where did you get them from? Do you get the same issue using our samples provided with SDK (for example, DevicesSampleCS.exe)?

I have a 64 bits computer.
If I use DevicesSampleCS.exe in 32 bits, it recognizes the IBLES650 scanner.
If I use the same application in 64 bits, it doesn't recognize the IBLES650 scanner.

Using the Java Simple-Fingers-Sample in Eclipse, it never recognizes the scanner at all.

Thanks for your help
Crisstina

Can't Run applet [Java]

Postby emanuelrocha » May 24, 2013 10:27

I made an applet to capture the face.
In Eclipse everything works, but after creating a runnable jar and I include in my project I get the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.instantiateApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.initAppletAdapter(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicensing.<clinit>(NLicensing.java:45)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.<clinit>(NLicense.java:50)
   at CaptureFace.initGui(CaptureFace.java:109)
   at CaptureFace.<init>(CaptureFace.java:85)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:133)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicensing.<clinit>(NLicensing.java:42)
   ... 29 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'NCore': The specified module could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:194)
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:283)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:124)
   ... 30 more

Anyone help me, because I have a demonstration next Monday: (
P.S: The applet is signed, Works well in Eclipse(applet + swing project)

Last edited by Sergey on Jun 07, 2013 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Wrapped the error log into code tags
emanuelrocha

Re: Can't Run applet [Java]

Postby vaidasz » May 24, 2013 12:01

emanuelrocha wrote:I made an applet to capture the face.
In Eclipse everything works, but after creating a runnable jar and I include in my project I get the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.instantiateApplet(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.initAppletAdapter(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicensing.<clinit>(NLicensing.java:45)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.<clinit>(NLicense.java:50)
   at CaptureFace.initGui(CaptureFace.java:109)
   at CaptureFace.<init>(CaptureFace.java:85)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:133)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicensing.<clinit>(NLicensing.java:42)
   ... 29 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'NCore': The specified module could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:194)
   at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:283)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NCore.<clinit>(NCore.java:124)
   ... 30 more

Anyone help me, because I have a demonstration next Monday: (
P.S: The applet is signed, Works well in Eclipse(applet + swing project)

Hello,

Application is missing native libraries. You have probably set application execution directory in Eclipse and this is why it works.
Add the path to SDK\Bin\Win32_x86 in system environment variables and restart the computer. Then check your applet.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby vaidasz » May 24, 2013 13:22

Hello,

Crisstina wrote:I have a 64 bits computer.
If I use DevicesSampleCS.exe in 32 bits, it recognizes the IBLES650 scanner.
If I use the same application in 64 bits, it doesn't recognize the IBLES650 scanner.

There is a bug on our website - it will be fixed.
Integrated Biometrics LES650 scanner is only supported on 32bits Windows OS.The 64-bit OS support is limited to using 32-bit applications.

Crisstina wrote:Using the Java Simple-Fingers-Sample in Eclipse, it never recognizes the scanner at all.

Is the scanner found running Simple-Finger-Sample from SDK\Bin\Java?
Is the scanner found running abis-sample from SDK\Bin\Java?
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Crisstina » Jun 05, 2013 18:38

vaidasz wrote:Hello,

There is a bug on our website - it will be fixed.
Integrated Biometrics LES650 scanner is only supported on 32bits Windows OS.The 64-bit OS support is limited to using 32-bit applications.

Understood. How can I use the Java Simple-Fingers-Sample as 32 bits? Should install 2 JDK and use the 32 bits one?

vaidasz wrote:Is the scanner found running Simple-Finger-Sample from SDK\Bin\Java?

Yes
vaidasz wrote:Is the scanner found running abis-sample from SDK\Bin\Java?

[/quote]
Yes

My only problem is when I open it on Eclipse.
Crisstina

Abis Samplet Java..

Postby dicaalba » Jun 06, 2013 21:40

Abis Samplet Java..

Hi, I worked with Abis sample, it's found in the folder "Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample", I imported this project in Eclipse Indigo as Maven Project, this project good run on Eclipse! I exported this project as "Runnable JAR File" was OK! But, when I placed this file in this folder "Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\src\main\html" for ran in a browser , I got a error!

This is source (index.html)
<html>
<head>
</head>
<applet name="Abis" id="Abis" code="com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplet"  width="800"  height="600">
   <param name="jnlp_href" value="abis-sample.jnlp" />
   <param name="codebase_lookup" value="false" />
   <param name="separate_jvm" value="true" />
   <param name="server_address" value="/local" />
   <param name="server_port" value="5000" />
</applet>
</html>

And this is message error that I got in a browser (IE, Firefox, Chome):

FailedDownloadException
No se ha podido cargar el recurso:
...../Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK/Samples/Biometrics/Java/abis-sample/src/main/html/[b]neurotec-native-win32-x86.jar[/b]

I found this in "pom.xml" file in "EFFECTIVE POM" tab:

<properties>
        <win32.x86.jar.name>neurotec-native-win32-x86</win32.x86.jar.name>
        <project.dependency.directory>....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\target/jars</project.dependency.directory>
        <project.main.class>com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplet</project.main.class>
        <macosx.universal.jar.name>neurotec-native-macosx-universal</macosx.universal.jar.name>
        <keystore.directory>....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample/src/main/keystore</keystore.directory>
        <win64.x64.jar.name>neurotec-native-win64-x64</win64.x64.jar.name>
        <linux.x86.64.jar.name>neurotec-native-linux-x86-64</linux.x86.64.jar.name>
        <project.output.directory>......\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample/../../../../Bin/Java/${project.final.name}</project.output.directory>
        <project.final.name>abis-sample-applet</project.final.name>
        <linux.x86.jar.name>neurotec-native-linux-x86</linux.x86.jar.name>
      </properties>

But, I don't have this folder "JARS" into "TARGET" ....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\target/jars

And "pom.xml" tab I found this

<properties>
            <project.final.name>${project.artifactId}-applet</project.final.name>
            <project.output.directory>${product.bin.directory}/Java/${project.final.name}</project.output.directory>
            <project.dependency.directory>${project.build.directory}/jars</project.dependency.directory>
            <keystore.directory>${basedir}/src/main/keystore</keystore.directory>
            <macosx.universal.jar.name>neurotec-native-macosx-universal</macosx.universal.jar.name>
         </properties>

where am I find this file? or wich is the error?
I hope an answer for solved this.
Thanks

dicaalba

Re: Abis Samplet Java..

Postby Martynas » Jun 07, 2013 06:20

dicaalba wrote:Abis Samplet Java..

Hi, I worked with Abis sample, it's found in the folder "Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample", I imported this project in Eclipse Indigo as Maven Project, this project good run on Eclipse! I exported this project as "Runnable JAR File" was OK! But, when I placed this file in this folder "Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\src\main\html" for ran in a browser , I got a error!

This is source (index.html)
<html>
<head>
</head>
<applet name="Abis" id="Abis" code="com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplet"  width="800"  height="600">
   <param name="jnlp_href" value="abis-sample.jnlp" />
   <param name="codebase_lookup" value="false" />
   <param name="separate_jvm" value="true" />
   <param name="server_address" value="/local" />
   <param name="server_port" value="5000" />
</applet>
</html>

And this is message error that I got in a browser (IE, Firefox, Chome):

FailedDownloadException
No se ha podido cargar el recurso:
...../Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK/Samples/Biometrics/Java/abis-sample/src/main/html/[b]neurotec-native-win32-x86.jar[/b]

I found this in "pom.xml" file in "EFFECTIVE POM" tab:

<properties>
        <project.dependency.directory>....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\target/jars</project.dependency.directory>
        <keystore.directory>....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample/src/main/keystore</keystore.directory>
        <project.output.directory>......\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample/../../../../Bin/Java/${project.final.name}</project.output.directory>
        <project.final.name>abis-sample-applet</project.final.name>
      </properties>

But, I don't have this folder "JARS" into "TARGET" ....\Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK\Samples\Biometrics\Java\abis-sample\target/jars

And "pom.xml" tab I found this

<properties>
            <project.final.name>${project.artifactId}-applet</project.final.name>
            <project.output.directory>${product.bin.directory}/Java/${project.final.name}</project.output.directory>
            <project.dependency.directory>${project.build.directory}/jars</project.dependency.directory>
            <keystore.directory>${basedir}/src/main/keystore</keystore.directory>
         </properties>

where am I find this file? or wich is the error?
I hope an answer for solved this.
Thanks

Hello,

please use the command "mvn package -Papplet" in the SDK "samples" folder. It will build all required packages to for the Java Applet and will place them into "Bin\Java\abis-sample-applet" folder.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

PreviousNext

Return to Public