Page 13 of 14

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2016 08:56
by satising
Martynas wrote:Hello,

Internet licenses work in this way:

1. Turn on Internet connection
2. Start your application
3. Obtain licenses in your application. Do not close your application
4. Turn off Internet connection. The license will work for programmed offline period (default is 30 mins).

If the application will be turned off, while the Internet is off, then there will be a need of Internet connection on application restart to obtain the license again.

Hi Martynas,

Thanks for response.

We are developing application for usage in remote area where there will be no internet connectivity. It was supposed that the users will come to internet connection once in 3-4 days to sync captured data and revalidate/activate licenses for further usage.

That we discussed with your team that duration of 30 minutes can be tuned as per user requirements to a day or so, but now the real challenge I can see is when user will re-launch application offline again (assuming they have already obtained the components and licenses once before) then they will not be able to use application without re-connecting to the internet, which will make us in trouble.

Can you please suggest is there any other kind of license/api/function which we can use to capture bio-metric data (In offline launch of application) after activating the same once.

Thanks,
Satinder

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2016 11:04
by Martynas
satising wrote:Hi Martynas,

Thanks for response.

We are developing application for usage in remote area where there will be no internet connectivity. It was supposed that the users will come to internet connection once in 3-4 days to sync captured data and revalidate/activate licenses for further usage.

That we discussed with your team that duration of 30 minutes can be tuned as per user requirements to a day or so, but now the real challenge I can see is when user will re-launch application offline again (assuming they have already obtained the components and licenses once before) then they will not be able to use application without re-connecting to the internet, which will make us in trouble.

Can you please suggest is there any other kind of license/api/function which we can use to capture bio-metric data (In offline launch of application) after activating the same once.

Thanks,
Satinder

Hi,

as you wrote you are using Android OS. So you can use serial numbers for the license generation. Licenses generated by using a serial number needs the Internet connection only once, during the activation. once the license is activated the Internet connection is not needed anymore.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2016 11:59
by satising
Martynas wrote:Hi,

as you wrote you are using Android OS. So you can use serial numbers for the license generation. Licenses generated by using a serial number needs the Internet connection only once, during the activation. once the license is activated the Internet connection is not needed anymore.

Hi Martynas,

Thanks for suggesting the solution.

We just got our licenses converted to serial numbers from your sales team very quickly. I will check them now.

Thanks,
Satinder

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2016 15:38
by GreenteaChang
Hello,

I have some questions about Biometric SDKs trials,

1. I try to use SDKs in the Windows environment, and start Activation Wizard want to check it has been activated. But the Status only show "OK", not "Activation service is running!".
Does it still work? or I need to change administrator to use "pg.exe -install"?
2. If I change another IP or machine, and reactivate the trial version of SDK, Does the SDK can still work? (Because I have a computer but it seem be used the trial SDK few months ago)
3. In Linux, I need to activate the trial by configuration file manually. The pgd.Sample.conf file is the sample of configuration, if I want to run pgd or run_pgd.sh, I need to create another pgd.conf file?
4. How can I check the activation has been start in Linux? What the messages will be show?
5. If I use virtual machine in Linux, the pgd.conf should set the internal IP(like 192.168.0.17) or external IP(118.xxx.xxx.xxx)?
6. Trial version of SDK can use other ports? like 1000, or custom port?

Many thanks!
GreenteaChang

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2016 15:57
by GreenteaChang
Hello,

I have some problems about trial version of SDKs

1. In Windows environment, the Activation Wizard Status shows "OK" not "activation is running!" Can the licenses still work?
2. If I change the IP or machine, could trial SDK still work? (Because I have a computer, but it seem been used trial version few months ago. But I need to check again the SDK can be work and then order it.)
3. In Linux, how to check the trial SDk is working now? What information will be get?
4. If I use virtual machine,What the pgd.conf of IP address should be set? Internal IP (like 192.168.0.17) or external IP (like 118.xxx.xxx.xxx)
5. Can we set other port in trial version SDK? (Not 80, maybe custom)


Many thanks!
GreenteaChang

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2016 14:18
by satising
Hello Martynas,

Serial number licenses worked well offline, thank you for help.

One other problem I am facing now while trying to deactivate the generated license online. (I am using android 6.0.1 build number MMB29O)

Response to the deactivation request is "com.neurotec.lang.NRuntimeException: Deactivation is not available on present Android version".

My questions are:

Is deactivation process under development for this android version (6.0.1) or any plan on that?
How can I deactivate the license associated with these 6.0.1 devices?
Do I need to deactivate license always (by calling function) before activating them on other device or they will be automatically deactivated from older devices when activated on new device?

Thanks in advance.
-Satinder

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2016 11:08
by Martynas
Hi,

satising wrote:Is deactivation process under development for this android version (6.0.1) or any plan on that?
How can I deactivate the license associated with these 6.0.1 devices?


it is not possible to deactivate licenses on 6.0+ due to technical issues. In such cases please contact the support@neurotechnology.com and indicate that you are using 6.0+ version of Android and send the license file you need to deactivate.

satising wrote:Do I need to deactivate license always (by calling function) before activating them on other device or they will be automatically deactivated from older devices when activated on new device?


In all versions of Android prior 6.0 deactivation should be done on the device prior activation on new device.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2016 11:17
by Martynas
GreenteaChang wrote:1. I try to use SDKs in the Windows environment, and start Activation Wizard want to check it has been activated. But the Status only show "OK", not "Activation service is running!".
Does it still work? or I need to change administrator to use "pg.exe -install"?
In Windows environment, the Activation Wizard Status shows "OK" not "activation is running!" Can the licenses still work?


Neurotec Biometric 6.0 SDK introduced "pg less" mode, when there is no need to run the pg.exe on Windows machines, if the licenses are used locally.

2. If I change another IP or machine, and reactivate the trial version of SDK, Does the SDK can still work? (Because I have a computer but it seem be used the trial SDK few months ago)


If you have used the trial on the machine previously, then your trial period has expired. Changing the IP will not help in this case. Please contact support@neurotechnology.com.

3. In Linux, I need to activate the trial by configuration file manually. The pgd.Sample.conf file is the sample of configuration, if I want to run pgd or run_pgd.sh, I need to create another pgd.conf file?


Yes, you need to create the pgd.conf file.

4. How can I check the activation has been start in Linux? What the messages will be show?


if the pgd service is tarted then you can find it among your other running processes.

5. If I use virtual machine in Linux, the pgd.conf should set the internal IP(like 192.168.0.17) or external IP(118.xxx.xxx.xxx)?


pgd.conf in case of virtual machine should contain these lines:

mode = gateway
address = ip_address_of_the_machine_with_pg_runing

6. Trial version of SDK can use other ports? like 1000, or custom port?


pgd can be configured to be used with other port. Use line:

port = portNumber

in pgd.conf file.

trial pg uses the connection to our activation server through the 80 port and this can not be changed.

In Linux, how to check the trial SDk is working now? What information will be get?


Run the application and check if the license is obtained. Or run diagnostic_report.sh.

What is the way to increase number of license for older SDK

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 06:15
by nurzico
I am using SDK version 4.3 and i need to buy some license.
Is there any way to buy license for SDK 4.3? Or is there any other way to increase license for SDK 4.3?
Thanks in advance.

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"

Re: What is the way to increase number of license for older

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 10:24
by MartynasV
nurzico wrote:I am using SDK version 4.3 and i need to buy some license.
Is there any way to buy license for SDK 4.3? Or is there any other way to increase license for SDK 4.3?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Go to our order site, click "additional component licenses for MegaMatcher 3.x / 4.x / 5.x / 6.0 Standard / Extended SDK customers", input your SDK reference id and proceed with ordering.

Re: What is the way to increase number of license for older

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 10:42
by nurzico
MartynasV wrote:
nurzico wrote:I am using SDK version 4.3 and i need to buy some license.
Is there any way to buy license for SDK 4.3? Or is there any other way to increase license for SDK 4.3?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Go to our order site, click "additional component licenses for MegaMatcher 3.x / 4.x / 5.x / 6.0 Standard / Extended SDK customers", input your SDK reference id and proceed with ordering.


Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to buy new license with SDK 4.3?

Re: What is the way to increase number of license for older

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2016 15:13
by MartynasV
nurzico wrote:
MartynasV wrote:
nurzico wrote:I am using SDK version 4.3 and i need to buy some license.
Is there any way to buy license for SDK 4.3? Or is there any other way to increase license for SDK 4.3?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Go to our order site, click "additional component licenses for MegaMatcher 3.x / 4.x / 5.x / 6.0 Standard / Extended SDK customers", input your SDK reference id and proceed with ordering.


Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to buy new license with SDK 4.3?

Hello,

If you are old customer, then you can buy older licenses as explained in previous post. E.g. you bought SDK, when it was in 4.3 version, now, using your old SDK reference id, you can buy licenses from 4.3 version to the newest version.
If you are new customer, then you can only buy newest SDK and newest licenses(current is 6.0).

Re: What is the way to increase number of license for older

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2016 09:05
by nurzico
MartynasV wrote:If you are old customer, then you can buy older licenses as explained in previous post. E.g. you bought SDK, when it was in 4.3 version, now, using your old SDK reference id, you can buy licenses from 4.3 version to the newest version.
If you are new customer, then you can only buy newest SDK and newest licenses(current is 6.0).

Thanks Martynas

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2016 07:52
by jamneurotech
Hi!!!...


Once the trail period expired, is there a way to reactivate for a new trial period?, do i have to re-download new SDK package???.. or re-run activation wizard it's enough???...

thank you in advance.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2016 12:16
by Martynas
jamneurotech wrote:Hi!!!...


Once the trail period expired, is there a way to reactivate for a new trial period?, do i have to re-download new SDK package???.. or re-run activation wizard it's enough???...

thank you in advance.

Hello,

please contact support@neurotechnology.com with the question you are asking.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2016 13:23
by tfrazao
Hello.

I am developing a Java Applet to capture finger prints and control matches between this finger prints. (I am using a Neurotec_Biometric_6_0_SDK_Trial version).

The problem is : My applet runs perfectly for the first time (when it loads and start the applet), but when i press the refresh button on the browser or open the page again (by URL) i get the error :"Attemped to execute operation that is not valid for the object" . The Stack Trace points me to NLicense.obtainComponents().

My code is taking care about the license as :

1- Obtain the licenses on init of applet
2- Release the licenses on destroy of applet and call NCore.shutdown()* * I had to add this one because i was getting a JVM crash.

Someone knows how can i solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2016 11:19
by Martynas
Hi,

please report this issue to support@neurotechnology.com.
By the way do you receive the same issue if the AbisSample compiled as Java Applet is used?

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2016 08:22
by tfrazao
Hi Martynas,

I checked the version you guys has and the "magic" parameter is (separate_jvm) :
I added that parameter and puft! The applet is running properly.

<applet...>
<param name="separate_jvm" value="true" />
</applet>

Thank you very much!

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2016 11:13
by tfrazao
Hello!

I have other question about the license, is it possible to have a local license (maybe a file) embedded in the applet ?
The way that i developed (i am still using the trial version) i had to connect by a IP x Port to get the permissions.

Other question is : Is it possivel to extend the trial version for more days ? The company that i am working asked me to test other Biometric SDK (we are using griaule for 10 years). but off course.. we need to make sure that all functionalities we have using griaule is supported by Neurotec.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 21, 2016 11:39
by Martynas
Hi,

tfrazao wrote:I have other question about the license, is it possible to have a local license (maybe a file) embedded in the applet ?
The way that i developed (i am still using the trial version) i had to connect by a IP x Port to get the permissions.


Each computer should use its own license. So embedding the license file int applet will not work as in such case you want to use one license file on different computers.
The best method for your case is to have a remote machine, which will be connected with special USB dongle, loaded with required amount of licenses on it, and this machine will be configured to act as license server. Then the applet will obtain required license from that remote dongle.

tfrazao wrote:Other question is : Is it possivel to extend the trial version for more days ?


Please write an email to support@neurotechnology.com.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2016 02:54
by sallyps
Martynas wrote:
jamneurotech wrote:Hi!!!...


Once the trail period expired, is there a way to reactivate for a new trial period?, do i have to re-download new SDK package???.. or re-run activation wizard it"s enough???...

thank you in advance.

Hello,

please contact support@neurotechnology.com with the question you are asking.


Thanks for this link, I also have a similar question regarding the trial(which I will ask support later) but I just want to know if it"s possible to have both full and trial licenses in one account? My set up will be one admin having the full package with other clients with trail packages but want them to be under one account so it would be easier to manage. Thanks in advance.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2016 07:27
by Martynas
sallyps wrote:Thanks for this link, I also have a similar question regarding the trial(which I will ask support later) but I just want to know if it"s possible to have both full and trial licenses in one account? My set up will be one admin having the full package with other clients with trail packages but want them to be under one account so it would be easier to manage. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

it is not possible to use the trial and non-trial versions on the same computer.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2016 10:02
by hari
Hi

I want to obtain license remotely, but i am getting this exception.
please give me the solution for this exception

com.neurotec.io.NIOException: IO error occurred
at com.neurotec.io.IOErrorCreator.create(IOErrorCreator.java:21)
at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:22)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:174)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:191)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:205)
at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:235)
at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:224)
at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:326)
at com.mq.faceTest.FaceEnrollment.main(FaceEnrollment.java:56)

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2016 08:30
by MartynasV
Hello,
hari wrote:Hi

I want to obtain license remotely, but i am getting this exception.
please give me the solution for this exception

com.neurotec.io.NIOException: IO error occurred
at com.neurotec.io.IOErrorCreator.create(IOErrorCreator.java:21)
at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:22)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:174)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:191)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:205)
at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:235)
at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:224)
at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:326)
at com.mq.faceTest.FaceEnrollment.main(FaceEnrollment.java:56)


Make sure that on remote computer, where licenses are store, pg service is running and firewall is not blocking connection.
To install service run command "pg -install", to uninstall run "pg -uninstall".

If service is running, make sure that in pgd.conf file mode is set to "Server", it should look like this:
Code: Select all
Mode = Server

verilook license

PostPosted: May 20, 2016 07:01
by MariumHashmi
if we purchase a license for project development, do we have to purchase it again for deployment?

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"

Re: verilook license

PostPosted: May 20, 2016 08:17
by Martynas
MariumHashmi wrote:if we purchase a license for project development, do we have to purchase it again for deployment?

Hello,

you need to purchase the SDK. It is one time purchase. With the SDK you will receive some licenses. Licenses need to be activated on the machine, where the SDK components will be used. If you will need to deploy the application on several machines, then you will need to have separate licenses for each such machine. So you will need to purchase additional licenses.

Re: verilook license

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2016 11:15
by Wisarut
Martynas wrote:Hello,

you need to purchase the SDK. It is one time purchase. With the SDK you will receive some licenses. Licenses need to be activated on the machine, where the SDK components will be used. If you will need to deploy the application on several machines, then you will need to have separate licenses for each such machine. So you will need to purchase additional licenses.


For the issue of deployment license file of verilook, I just wonder which directory of the PC to keep the deployment license file of verilook. Is it the same directory as the directory that keep DLL files of verilook?

Re: verilook license

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2016 11:37
by MartynasV
Wisarut wrote:
Martynas wrote:Hello,

you need to purchase the SDK. It is one time purchase. With the SDK you will receive some licenses. Licenses need to be activated on the machine, where the SDK components will be used. If you will need to deploy the application on several machines, then you will need to have separate licenses for each such machine. So you will need to purchase additional licenses.


For the issue of deployment license file of verilook, I just wonder which directory of the PC to keep the deployment license file of verilook. Is it the same directory as the directory that keep DLL files of verilook?

Hello Wisarut,

Use Activation Wizard to activate/add licenses, those licenses will be stored to "SDK/Bin/Licenses" directory or you can put license files to "SDK/Bin/YOUR_PLATFORM/Activation" dir(where Activation Wizard and pg executables are).

Upgrading from 6.x SDK to 9.x SDK

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2016 16:29
by mogoodrich
If we have a license for a 6.x version of the SDK, will it work with the 9.x SDK? If not, is there any "upgrade discount" pricing?

Thanks,
Mark Goodrich

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"

Re: Upgrading from 6.x SDK to 9.x SDK

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2016 07:32
by vaidasz
mogoodrich wrote:If we have a license for a 6.x version of the SDK, will it work with the 9.x SDK? If not, is there any "upgrade discount" pricing?

Thanks,
Mark Goodrich


Hello Mark,

yes, it will work just fine. The upgrade is available for free for the existing customers.

Re: Upgrading from 6.x SDK to 9.x SDK

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2016 15:55
by mogoodrich
vaidasz wrote:Hello Mark,

yes, it will work just fine. The upgrade is available for free for the existing customers.

Great, thanks!

Take care,
Mark

Issue on Deploying Face Detection Program

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2016 09:55
by Wisarut
Now, I just make the installation package for deploying to the new PC, However, when I have run the face detection program with a camera attachment from the installation package, I have got the following error

License for extractor successfully obtained!
License for matcher successfully obtained!
License for biometric standards successfully obtained!
License for face segmentation successfully obtained!
error occurred: (-33) One or more errors occurred
---> InnerError[0]: (-33) One or more errors occurred
---> InnerError[0]: (-6) Faces detector file for up to 45 degree rotation is missing<---
<---


This implied that there must be some missing DLL file in the installation package since the same program at the complied directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 5.1 SDK\Bin\Win32_x86) still work well as it should be.

However, I have no clue which DLL file that gone missing though. What should be done to deal with Deployment issue?

Re: Issue on Deploying Face Detection Program

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2016 09:01
by vaidasz
Wisarut wrote:Now, I just make the installation package for deploying to the new PC, However, when I have run the face detection program with a camera attachment from the installation package, I have got the following error

License for extractor successfully obtained!
License for matcher successfully obtained!
License for biometric standards successfully obtained!
License for face segmentation successfully obtained!
error occurred: (-33) One or more errors occurred
---> InnerError[0]: (-33) One or more errors occurred
---> InnerError[0]: (-6) Faces detector file for up to 45 degree rotation is missing<---
<---


This implied that there must be some missing DLL file in the installation package since the same program at the complied directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 5.1 SDK\Bin\Win32_x86) still work well as it should be.

However, I have no clue which DLL file that gone missing though. What should be done to deal with Deployment issue?


Hello,

The issue you are facing is because you are missing *.ndf file(s). Copy necessary files from Neurotec_Biometric_5_1_SDK\Bin\Data\ to your application startup path and the error message will disappear.

Re: verilook license

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2016 04:08
by Wisarut
vaidasz wrote:Hello,

The issue you are facing is because you are missing *.ndf file(s). Copy necessary files from Neurotec_Biometric_5_1_SDK\Bin\Data\ to your application startup path and the error message will disappear.

^^^
Thanks - it is working now.

Verifinger OPERATION_NOT_ACTIVATED

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2016 17:19
by farinajf
I am trying to perform template matching (1-to-1) between ISO templates, but I am getting the following error:

Code: Select all
Identification was unsuccessful. Status: OPERATION_NOT_ACTIVATED.
com.neurotec.lang.NotActivatedException: Operation is not activated
at com.neurotec.lang.RuntimeErrorCreator.create(RuntimeErrorCreator.java:60)
at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:22)
at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:174)
at com.neurotec.biometrics.NBiometricTask.getError(NBiometricTask.java:369)
at com.neurotec.tutorials.biometrics.VerifyOnServer.main(VerifyOnServer.java:88)


The operarion (java code is the following):

Code: Select all
NSubject  subject   = createSubjectFromFile(file1);
NSubject  otherSubject   = createSubjectFromFile(file2);
...
task = biometricClient.createTask(EnumSet.of(NBiometricOperation.VERIFY_OFFLINE), isoTemplate, otherIsoTemplate);


The list of licenses with Valid Status are:
[list=]Fingerprint Extractor[/list]
[list=]Fingerprint Matcher[/list]
[list=]Server[/list]

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"

Re: Verifinger OPERATION_NOT_ACTIVATED

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2016 06:33
by Martynas
Martynas wrote:Hello,

do you obtain licenses in your application? If yes, could you let me know which exact components are you obtaining?

Hello,

do you obtain licenses in your application? If yes, could you let me know which exact components are you obtaining?

Re: Verifinger OPERATION_NOT_ACTIVATED

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2016 09:18
by farinajf
Martynas wrote:Hello,

do you obtain licenses in your application? If yes, could you let me know which exact components are you obtaining?

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, adding the code to obtain the licenses for the components "Biometrics.Standards.FingerTemplates and Biometrics.FingerMatching", the verification is succeeded.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2016 11:25
by llcoolj
Hi,

Two questions:
1) Is it possible to install a licensed version of the MegaMatcher ABIS 9.0 on a virtualized machine? (Vagrant and the like)

2) is it possible to install a trial version of Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDK_Trial on a machine on a network using a zscaler proxy? Assuming a session on the proxy is already open.

THanks in advance,

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2016 11:37
by Martynas
Hi,

llcoolj wrote:1) Is it possible to install a licensed version of the MegaMatcher ABIS 9.0 on a virtualized machine? (Vagrant and the like)


Yes, it is possible. But single computer license, provided as serial numbers are not supported on virtual machines.
In short, virtual machine can get license from these sources:
1. Dongle connected to the host computer if virtualization environment configured to provide access to host USB port. Some virtualization software have USB issues and solution can be not stable.
2. Dongle connected to some computer available over network. That computer would run license management software and VM can connect it to get license.
3. Our internet server. We have license type called "Internet licenses". In this case VM would communicate with our server.

llcoolj wrote:2) is it possible to install a trial version of Neurotec_Biometric_9_0_SDK_Trial on a machine on a network using a zscaler proxy? Assuming a session on the proxy is already open.


It is possible if the proxy does not require an authentication.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Dec 09, 2016 18:04
by ramkumar
I had successfully used the trial version some months ago. But now following error message is coming

Failed to obtain licenses for components.
Error messge: Trial License expired: VoiceClient

============ Activation Wizard logs ============

File: LogsActivationWizard_2016_12_09.log
2016-12-09 23:16:03 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
2016-12-09 23:16:14 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
2016-12-09 23:16:18 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)


=================================================

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2016 08:48
by Martynas
ramkumar wrote:I had successfully used the trial version some months ago. But now following error message is coming

Failed to obtain licenses for components.
Error messge: Trial License expired: VoiceClient

============ Activation Wizard logs ============

File: LogsActivationWizard_2016_12_09.log
2016-12-09 23:16:03 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
2016-12-09 23:16:14 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
2016-12-09 23:16:18 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)


=================================================


Answered by email. All questions on issues with licenses should be sent to support@neurotechnology.com.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2017 19:37
by gregrockz
My previous computer died and is no longer available. I kept a record of the activation codes on it. How do I re-claim them?

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2017 13:35
by Martynas
gregrockz wrote:My previous computer died and is no longer available. I kept a record of the activation codes on it. How do I re-claim them?

Hello,

contact us at support@neurotechnology.com

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 13:55
by panky8070
Hi,
I have successfully installed MegaMatcher trial for Mac. Its working fine. Actually, I am interested in iOS mobile app. So when I am running the sample on ios Simulator the license is getting obtained and app is running fine. But when I am trying to use the app in mobile, it is saying license not obtained. Do i need to do some extra configuration in order to run it in mobile iphone ? I have seen some settings for android app for activation but not for iphone. Could you please help me with this ?

Regards,
Pankaj Wasnik

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2017 07:10
by Martynas
Hello,

please contact us at support@neurotechnology.com.

Could not save generated image to WSQ

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2017 07:59
by jackv
Hello

I did this in my code:
private const string Address = "/local";
private const string Port = "5000";
private const string FingerprintComponents = "Biometrics.FingerExtraction,Biometrics.FingerMatching,Devices.FingerScanners,Images.WSQ"; //Biometrics.FingerSegmentation,

Am using version 4.2 of the Neurotec SDK

But when i do this :
var ms = new MemoryStream();
fingerprintImageTemplate.ToBitmap().Save(ms, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
NImageFormat.Wsq.Save(ms);

this line "NImageFormat.Wsq.Save(ms)" throws up the exception => "Neurotec.NNotSupportedException. The specified object does not support serialisation"

Please what should i do immediately to get past this issue?

Re: Could not save generated image to WSQ

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2017 13:31
by MartynasV
jackv wrote:Hello

I did this in my code:
private const string Address = "/local";
private const string Port = "5000";
private const string FingerprintComponents = "Biometrics.FingerExtraction,Biometrics.FingerMatching,Devices.FingerScanners,Images.WSQ"; //Biometrics.FingerSegmentation,

Am using version 4.2 of the Neurotec SDK

But when i do this :
var ms = new MemoryStream();
fingerprintImageTemplate.ToBitmap().Save(ms, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
NImageFormat.Wsq.Save(ms);

this line "NImageFormat.Wsq.Save(ms)" throws up the exception => "Neurotec.NNotSupportedException. The specified object does not support serialisation"

Please what should i do immediately to get past this issue?

Hello,

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file). (NImageFormat.Wsq.Save(); method does not exist in 4.2 SDK.)
What exactly you want to do? Do you want to save image in WSQ format?

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: May 10, 2017 07:17
by fedorhajdu
I"m having issues activating the trail license.

When I run the activation wizard I get status OK, activation trial, but only 2 fingerprint services get activated. I"m primarily interested in face and iris product, so this is not helpful to me. Running the diagnostics show everything green.

I looked in the logs folder under the Activation Wizard and I can see a lot of null reference errors:

2017-05-08 13:25:24 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

There are thousands of lines like that. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: May 10, 2017 13:09
by MartynasV
fedorhajdu wrote:I"m having issues activating the trail license.

When I run the activation wizard I get status OK, activation trial, but only 2 fingerprint services get activated. I"m primarily interested in face and iris product, so this is not helpful to me. Running the diagnostics show everything green.

I looked in the logs folder under the Activation Wizard and I can see a lot of null reference errors:

2017-05-08 13:25:24 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Misc.TrialLicenseDetails.GetUsed()
at Neurotec.ActivationWizard.Forms.MainForm.BackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

There are thousands of lines like that. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hello,

Generate diagnostics via Activation Wizard and send it to support@neurotechnology.com.

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2017 12:39
by win32api
Good day.
Not so long ago I purchased VeriLook 9.0 Standard SDK. Today there is a new version - VeriLook 10.0 Standard SDK. Is my license suitable for this version? Can I use the same licensed files to work with it?