Activation and Licensing questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: License

Postby vaidasz » Jul 20, 2012 12:23

mbogliacino wrote:I'm testing the VeriFinger Extended 6.4 trial version, and when I want to obtain licenses with

NLicense.ObtainComponents("/local", 5000, "Biometrics.FingerExtraction")

I get an exception "An exception occurred in the type initializer for 'Neurotec.NCore'"

My trial activation log
...


Hello,

The exception message is not full. Please send full exception message.
Please also speciy if it is your application or sample/tutorial provided with SDK.
Also, there could be the issue that "Solution platform" is set to AnyCPU (if sample/tutorial is used that is provided with SDK). Change it to Win32_x86 or Win64_x64 and rebuild the application.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Licensing] How to setting pgd.conf in blade server

Postby JeongSeon Choi » Jul 20, 2012 19:44

Hello.

I develop in IBM Blade Center HS22(7870) -B4J Server

Because security problem, This Develop server don't connect internet and usb dongle.

I want to activate Fingerprint matcher license and Client Concurrent license in Develop server.

How to setting pgd.conf?

-- pgd.conf --
Mode = server
Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Port = 5000
LicenseFile = fingerprint_matcher.lic
LicenseFile = fingerprint_concurrent.lic

please, help..

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
JeongSeon Choi
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 09, 2012 04:55

Re: [Licensing] Access Violation

Postby vaidasz » Jul 23, 2012 07:39

pricillalatha wrote:I have downloaded VeriFinger SDK, and try to develop small application and implement into the embedded windows 7 PC. Successfully I developed and tried to implement in Embedded Windows 7 PC , I am getting error AccessViolationException : Attempted to read or write protected memory. I can run this application only in my PC.

Now my doubt is

1) Is this Free SDK license only for single computer license? Because I was trying to run every development PC but failed to run with these error.
2) If yes then if we are buying one license cannot use all our Embedded PC.


Any one help me to rectify this issue.


Hello,

Please delete NdmArhFps that is located in SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\FScanners directory and check if you get the same issue.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: [Licensing] How to setting pgd.conf in blade server

Postby vaidasz » Jul 23, 2012 07:51

JeongSeon Choi wrote:Hello.

I develop in IBM Blade Center HS22(7870) -B4J Server

Because security problem, This Develop server don't connect internet and usb dongle.

I want to activate Fingerprint matcher license and Client Concurrent license in Develop server.

How to setting pgd.conf?

-- pgd.conf --
Mode = server
Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Port = 5000
LicenseFile = fingerprint_matcher.lic
LicenseFile = fingerprint_concurrent.lic

please, help..


Hello,

If you want to share Fingerprint Client Concurrent license over the network, then pgd.conf should look like:
Mode = server
LicenseFile = fingerprint_matcher.lic
LicenseFile = fingerprint_concurrent.lic
It is not needed to specify the IP address and the port if you use default values: address is 0.0.0.0 (allows connections for license obtain through all NICs); port is 5000. If you want to allow to obtain licenses only through specific NIC, then you should specify the IP address of it. If you want to change the port, you need to specify it as well.
If you are not going to share Fingerprint Client Concurrent license over the network then pgd.conf should look like:
Mode = single
LicenseFile = fingerprint_matcher.lic
LicenseFile = fingerprint_concurrent.lic
Port is 5000 by default. So if you want to change the default port you need to specify it as well.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Crisstina » Jul 27, 2012 21:22

Hello,

I understand that when a Single Computer License is requested by a client, it stays available for that client for 5 hours. Now, is there a method I can use to "flush" the licenses not being used from the server without restarting it? and without using Concurrent Licenses? This process would need to be run at least every 2 hours.

Thank you!
Crisstina
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 08, 2010 15:56

[Licensing] Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial on Mac OS X

Postby neurodev » Jul 28, 2012 21:48

Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial - does this work in mac? if how to activate the trial license

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
neurodev
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Jul 28, 2012 21:40

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Jul 30, 2012 06:58

Crisstina wrote:Hello,

I understand that when a Single Computer License is requested by a client, it stays available for that client for 5 hours. Now, is there a method I can use to "flush" the licenses not being used from the server without restarting it? and without using Concurrent Licenses? This process would need to be run at least every 2 hours.

Thank you!

Hello,

no, there is no such method, which would reset the unused licenses. it is needed to wait for 5 hours while they will be released automatically.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial

Postby Martynas » Jul 30, 2012 11:28

Hi,

neurodev wrote:Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK_Trial - does this work in mac? if how to activate the trial license

Instructions how to start the Neurotechnology licensing service can be found in the Activation.pdf, included in the "documentation" folder.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Licensing] Can I Match and enroll with client license

Postby frankthedark » Jul 30, 2012 17:28

I dont need separated matcher or extractor because I use single clients

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
frankthedark
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 18, 2012 22:19

Re: [Licensing] Can I Match and enroll with client license

Postby Martynas » Jul 31, 2012 07:18

frankthedark wrote:I dont need separated matcher or extractor because I use single clients

Hello,

Client license enables the device usage for capturing and template extraction.
Matcher license enables the matching functionality.
So if you need to implement extraction and matching on the same machine, then you need to activate the client and matcher license on this machine.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

VeriFinger two licenses on a PC

Postby JuanC » Aug 09, 2012 21:19

Hi

Currently I have two applications for registration of persons enrolled in a club and control of income for enrollees.

These applications are in two separate PCs but I want to put them into a single PC, using both current activation keys. I can do this?

When I tried, both applications taken to validate the number of the first key and do not take the second key, which is why I'm not allowed to work with two readers simultaneously.

As I can correct this situation?

Note: Application built in VB.NET 2010 and VeriFinger 6.5
JuanC
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 14, 2011 13:42

[Lic] Activation Service Issues

Postby EndoMan » Aug 10, 2012 09:07

Hi

I recently downloaded the latest version of the MegaMatcher SDK (Revision Number 90614).

I updated all the DLL's in my project and re-installed the activation service, but when I run my application I fail to get my "Biometrics.FingerMatching" license.

When I make the call to NLicense.ObtainComponents(serverIP, port, "Biometrics.FingerMatching") it returns false, but with the previous version this worked fine.

I have not removed any licenses from the dongle, I have two FingerMatching licenses on this dongle and only one application running so it can't have already allocated the license.

If I try obtain the Biometric.FingerExtraction license everything works fine as I have a client license on the dongle as well. Why can't I obtain the FingerMatching license after this update??

I have noticed that after installing the activation service it indicates that it is version 4.2.0.0, was this revision not version 4.3.0.0?? See below
Code: Select all
Running activation services:
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\adrian.CORESYSTEMS\Desktop\Sopra Project\SDK's\Neurotec_Biometric_4_3_SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\Activation\pg.exe
  Created: 14/07/2012 22:19:12
  Company: Neurotechnology
  Version: 4. 2. 0. 0
  Description: Neurotechnology Activation Service (PC) 4.2
  Copyright: Copyright (C) 2005-2012 Neurotechnology
  Service status: ServiceRunning

Configuration file (pgd.conf):
Mode = server
Address = 10.0.10.16

Activation service log file (pgd.log):
2012-08-10 09:59:09 Starting PG (revision: 90614, mode: server, pc)
2012-08-10 09:59:15 PG started.

Any help appreciated!

Adrian

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
EndoMan
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Jan 12, 2012 12:26

Re: Activation Service Issues

Postby EndoMan » Aug 10, 2012 09:15

After a restart of my machine it seems to have fixed itself, still curios about the version number though?

Also when moving from one version of the DLL's to another, do you need to re-install the activation service?
EndoMan
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Jan 12, 2012 12:26

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby vaidasz » Aug 10, 2012 09:31

JuanC wrote:Hi

Currently I have two applications for registration of persons enrolled in a club and control of income for enrollees.

These applications are in two separate PCs but I want to put them into a single PC, using both current activation keys. I can do this?

When I tried, both applications taken to validate the number of the first key and do not take the second key, which is why I'm not allowed to work with two readers simultaneously.

As I can correct this situation?

Note: Application built in VB.NET 2010 and VeriFinger 6.5


Hello,

License is per CPU. So if you use 1 CPU computer 1 license is enough (I mean the same type of licenses - for example Fingerprint Extractor).
If you want to transfer license(s) from one computer to another one please contact support@neurotechnology.com.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation Service Issues

Postby Martynas » Aug 13, 2012 06:21

Hi,

EndoMan wrote:still curios about the version number though

It is an issue on our side, the version number was not changed during the release of the new version. It does not have any effect on the license work.

EndoMan wrote:Also when moving from one version of the DLL's to another, do you need to re-install the activation service?

It is recommended to use the activation service from the SDK, which dlls you are using.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Lic] Remote License with Java

Postby rodrigo » Aug 14, 2012 17:35

I just tried a sample AbisApplicaton in my computer using eclipse and everything worked fine. My is problem is when i try to use a license in a server. I only changed LicenseManger.java replacing the value of address variable from "/local" to /serverip and i got the stacktrace below. Does anyone have tips to work with java using a remote license?

I installed SDK in the Dongle VLM Server mode at remote machine and client dongle mode where i am executing AbisApplication.
Code: Select all
com.neurotec.io.NIOException: IO error occurred
   at com.neurotec.io.IOErrorCreator.create(IOErrorCreator.java:14)
   at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:16)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:116)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:127)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:132)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:225)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:189)
   at com.neurotec.samples.LicenseManager.obtain(LicenseManager.java:96)
   at com.neurotec.samples.LicenseManager.obtain(LicenseManager.java:83)
   at com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplication.<init>(AbisApplication.java:45)
   at com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplication.main(AbisApplication.java:102)


Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: Remote License with Java

Postby Martynas » Aug 15, 2012 06:26

rodrigo wrote:I just tried a sample AbisApplicaton in my computer using eclipse and everything worked fine. My is problem is when i try to use a license in a server. I only changed LicenseManger.java replacing the value of address variable from "/local" to /serverip and i got the stacktrace below. Does anyone have tips to work with java using a remote license?

I installed SDK in the Dongle VLM Server mode at remote machine and client dongle mode where i am executing AbisApplication.

Hi,

IO error means that it was not possible to connect to the Neurotechnology licensing service on the remote machine.
Please check if the firewall is not blocking the connections to these machines. If the firewall is off and you receive this issue, then please generate the diagnostic by using Activation Wizard (Windows) or diagnostic_report.sh (Linux) on both machines and send them to us.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Remote License with Java

Postby rodrigo » Aug 15, 2012 13:26

Hi Martynas,
how can i send these diagnostics to you?
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: Remote License with Java

Postby Martynas » Aug 16, 2012 05:53

rodrigo wrote:Hi Martynas,
how can i send these diagnostics to you?

you can send detailed description of the issue and diagnostics to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Crisstina » Aug 20, 2012 16:34

Hello,

I am running the simple-fingers-sample.jar included in the Neurotec Biometric SDK 4.3 Product revision number: 91425. When I try to run it with the Verifinger licenses, it returns an error saying there are no licenses available. It only accepts Megamatcher licenses, even though I am just using the Fingers extraction on that sample.

The question is: If I use the libraries of Neurotec Biometric SDK 4.3, will I need to use only the Megamatcher licenses? or am I able to keep using the Verifinger ones? If it is so, do I need to change the PGD.CONF?

Thank you very much.
Crisstina
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 08, 2010 15:56

[Lic] NServer start problem

Postby rodrigo » Aug 20, 2012 20:10

I tried to use NServer in 4 windows machines and it works just in 1. My configs are all default in server mode(not cluster).
The others i have this error below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.3 SDK\Bin\Win64_x64\
Server\NServer>NServer
1345492169:server_main.c:389: init: starting server (revision 90614) ...
1345492169:server_main.c:392: init: Not registered.
1345492169:logger.c:271: _lprintf: WARNING: logger not initialized, logging to s
tderr:
1345492169:server_main.c:637: main: server exited

Does anyone knows what it means?

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: NServer start problem

Postby Martynas » Aug 21, 2012 06:54

rodrigo wrote:I tried to use NServer in 4 windows machines and it works just in 1. My configs are all default in server mode(not cluster).
The others i have this error below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neurotechnology\Neurotec Biometric 4.3 SDK\Bin\Win64_x64\
Server\NServer>NServer
1345492169:server_main.c:389: init: starting server (revision 90614) ...
1345492169:server_main.c:392: init: Not registered.
1345492169:logger.c:271: _lprintf: WARNING: logger not initialized, logging to s
tderr:
1345492169:server_main.c:637: main: server exited

Does anyone knows what it means?

Hello,

the error "not registered" means, that you do not have a license for the NServer running.
When the VeriFinger, VeriLook, VeriEye and VeriVoice Extended or MegaMatcher Standard/Extended SDK is purchased, the special NServer license file is provided for the customer. this file should be used on each machine, where the NServer will be used. the NServer license file should be used by the Neurotechnology licensing service.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 21, 2012 10:43

Hello,

which exact licenses do you have activated on this machine?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: NServer start problem

Postby rodrigo » Aug 21, 2012 12:17

I belive i have a Matching Server License File, how can i activate this License in one computer? I am using the dongle in this machine and ActivationWizardDotNet seems to be everything fine.
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: NServer start problem

Postby Martynas » Aug 21, 2012 12:35

rodrigo wrote:I belive i have a Matching Server License File, how can i activate this License in one computer? I am using the dongle in this machine and ActivationWizardDotNet seems to be everything fine.

NServer license is provided as file. If you also using the dongle in this machine, then you need to copy the NServer license file to Activation folder. Then you need to edit the pgd.conf file and to have these lines in it:

Code: Select all
mode = dongle
LicenseFile = path_to_NServer_license_file


Once it is done you will need to restart the Neurotechnology licensing service (Control Panel -> Adm. tools -> Services).
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: NServer start problem

Postby rodrigo » Aug 21, 2012 13:10

my file is configured with Mode = server, do i need to change this first line or just the second with path license is enough? I want to use this machine like a license server to other services but the Nserver will run just there.
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: NServer start problem

Postby Martynas » Aug 21, 2012 13:28

Hi,

rodrigo wrote:my file is configured with Mode = server, do i need to change this first line or just the second with path license is enough? I want to use this machine like a license server to other services but the Nserver will run just there.


Then the pgd.conf should look like this:

Code: Select all
mode = server
LicenseFile = path_to_NServer_license_file
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Crisstina » Aug 21, 2012 13:36

The licenses that work are Megamatcher's:
Available licenses:
MegaMatcher Server : 1
MegaMatcher ClusterServer : 1
MegaMatcher ClusterNode : 2
MegaMatcher Client : 4

The licenses that don't work with the sample are:
Available licenses:
VeriFinger extractor : 5
VeriFinger matcher : 4
Crisstina
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 08, 2010 15:56

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 22, 2012 10:47

Hi Crisstina,

could you provide the diagnostic generated on this computer, when the dongle with the VeriFinger Extractor license is used?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: NServer start problem

Postby rodrigo » Aug 22, 2012 15:12

I did it yesterday and started to work, but today i need to restart my server and now i am getting this error below:

1345648050:server_main.c:389: init: starting server (revision 90614) ...
1345648050:server.c:1046: nodes_init: sessions are disabled
1345648050:server_main.c:450: init: server initialized
ERROR: (-200) None of the compatible products are activated.
1345648051:node_main.c:603: node_main: ERROR: initialization failed, code -1

1345648051:com_semaphore.c:620: com_semaphore_lock_ex: ERROR: argument is NULL
1345648051:node_main.c:561: finalize: node exited
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Crisstina » Aug 22, 2012 17:27

Attached what you requested.

Thank you
Attachments
diagnostics.zip
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 4407 times
Crisstina
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 08, 2010 15:56

Re: NServer start problem

Postby rodrigo » Aug 22, 2012 18:34

sorry, i don´t know why, i tried to restart the server and it didn't take effects but when i restarted the neurotechnology service, the nserver worked fine. I will take some attention to understand the behavior and when it's happens.
rodrigo
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Aug 14, 2012 16:51

Re: NServer start problem

Postby Martynas » Aug 23, 2012 06:41

rodrigo wrote:sorry, i don´t know why, i tried to restart the server and it didn't take effects but when i restarted the neurotechnology service, the nserver worked fine. I will take some attention to understand the behavior and when it's happens.

as I wrote in one previous posts, after changes to the pgd.conf is done it is needed to restart the Neurotechnology licensing service, otherwise changes in the pgd.conf will not be used.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 23, 2012 10:45

Hello Crisstina,

diagnostic shows, that the VeriFinger Extractor and Matcher licenses enables components correctly. i tried to reproduce the same issue on our side by using the same configuration of the dongle and simple-finger-sample and it worked.
Maybe we can arrange a remote connection to your computer to investigate the situation? Coudl you write to support@neurotechnology.com that we would be able to discuss when such connection could be done.
By the way do you receive the same issue in other samples too, or only in this one?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby sfaruq681 » Aug 30, 2012 12:47

Hi,

I have downloaded the MegaMatcher_Embedded_1_1_SDK_Trial_for_Android_2012-08-27. But in this package I am unable to find the licensing.apk file from Bin\Android folder.

Thanking you.

Regards,
Soofia Faruq
sfaruq681
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 30, 2012 12:40

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby bcis » Aug 30, 2012 21:41

I am having an issue with the NLExtractor.

I can run the sample programs fine but when i try to run my own I get an error that says 'Operation is not activated'. I am trying to run this as a webservice on my local machine. I have copied the code snippet that is giving me problems.

Code: Select all
 <WebMethod()> _
    Public Function CheckImageThreshold(ByVal arr As Byte())
        Dim _prvImage As NGrayscaleImage = Nothing
        Dim image As NImage = Nothing
        Dim extractor As NLExtractor = Nothing
        Dim imgStream As MemoryStream = Nothing
        Dim byteArray As Byte() = Nothing
       
        'read image
        image = NImage.FromMemory(arr)
        ' convert image to grayscale
        _prvImage = image.ToGrayscale()

       
        'set extractor properties
        extractor = New NLExtractor()
        extractor.MaxRollAngleDeviation = 15
        extractor.MaxYawAngleDeviation = 15
        extractor.MaxRecordsPerTemplate = 1
        extractor.DetectAllFeaturePoints = True
        extractor.FaceConfidenceThreshold = 60
           
        ' detect all faces that are suitable for face recognition in the image
        Dim faces() As NleFace = extractor.DetectFaces(_prvImage) '''''''''''''''''''''This is the line giving me the error'''''''''''''''''
        Dim detectionDetails(faces.Length - 1) As NleDetectionDetails
        For i As Integer = 0 To detectionDetails.Length - 1
            detectionDetails(i) = extractor.DetectFacialFeatures(_prvImage, faces(i))
        Next i

        'if the image passed the detection threshold the faces array will be filled       
        If faces.Length > 0 Then
            'convert the image to a byte array
            imgStream = New MemoryStream()

            _prvImage.Save(imgStream, Neurotec.Images.NImageFormat.Jpeg)

            imgStream.Close()
            byteArray = imgStream.ToArray()
            imgStream.Dispose()

            'return the byteArray
            Return byteArray
        Else
            Return Nothing
        End If
bcis
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 29, 2012 15:10

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 31, 2012 07:23

Hello,

I do not see in your code snippet, that you would be obtaining licenses. If you are not doing this, then please take a look at sample code to see how it is done, and add the NLicense.ObtainComponent to your code.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby Martynas » Aug 31, 2012 07:25

Hi,

sfaruq681 wrote:I have downloaded the MegaMatcher_Embedded_1_1_SDK_Trial_for_Android_2012-08-27. But in this package I am unable to find the licensing.apk file from Bin\Android folder.


licensing.apk was removed from the last update of the SDK. license server starting is implemented in the sample application itself now.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Lic] Configuration NServer

Postby sutechno » Sep 02, 2012 14:43

How To configuration NServer in Configuration Assistant, I am using MySQL database and NServerService already running.
All properties are set to default, but it can't connect Matching server. Here my databse

Database name = db_fingerprint
Port = 3306
user = root
password = root

Thanks :D

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
sutechno
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 01, 2012 18:01

Re: Configuration NServer

Postby Martynas » Sep 03, 2012 10:34

sutechno wrote:How To configuration NServer in Configuration Assistant, I am using MySQL database and NServerService already running.
All properties are set to default, but it can't connect Matching server. Here my databse

Database name = db_fingerprint
Port = 3306
user = root
password = root

Thanks :D

Hello,

all parameters of the ConfigAssistant are provided in the documentation of the SDK, section "5.2.3 Configuring".
If you are receiving any issues, please provide details on them.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Lic] NServer licence

Postby mbogliacino » Sep 05, 2012 12:26

Hello,

I did some test with NServer with Megamatcher Trial version, and run successfully.

Now I've purchased VeriFinger Extended SDK with a dongle licence, and when I want to run the NServer I get the error.

1346847550:server_main.c:389: init: starting server (revision 90614) ...
1346847550:server_main.c:392: init: Not registered.

Best regards

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
mbogliacino
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mar 02, 2012 13:28

Re: NServer licence

Postby Martynas » Sep 05, 2012 12:35

mbogliacino wrote:Hello,

I did some test with NServer with Megamatcher Trial version, and run successfully.

Now I've purchased VeriFinger Extended SDK with a dongle licence, and when I want to run the NServer I get the error.

1346847550:server_main.c:389: init: starting server (revision 90614) ...
1346847550:server_main.c:392: init: Not registered.

Best regards

Hi,

to be able to use the NServer, you need to have the NServer license file, which is provided to all customers, who has purchased the VeriFinger Extended SDK. This file should be used on any computer where the NServer will be used.
Copy this file to activation folder, from which the Nanotechnology licensing service is running and restart it (Control Panel -> Adm. Tools -> Services -> Neurotechnology).
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: [SQL] Configuration NServer

Postby sutechno » Sep 08, 2012 09:23

All parameter are entered into the NServer_MySql.conf, as follows:
Code: Select all
#
# Sample server configuration file (using MySQL database, other default values are used)
#

# Server client connection port
Server.ClientListenPort = 25452
# Server connection interface
Server.ClientListenAddr = 0.0.0.0

# Log file name
Server.LogFileName = server.log

# Logging method
# 0 - none, 1 - stdout, 2 - stderr, 4 - syslog, 8 - file, 16 - remote logger
Server.DefaultLogMethod = 1

# Remote logger port
Server.RemoteLoggerPort = 27759
# Remote logger address
Server.RemoteLoggerAddr = localhost

# Server administrator connection port
Server.AdminListenPort = 24932
# Administrator connection interface
Server.AdminListenAddr = 0.0.0.0

[b]# SQL host name.
Server.SQLHost           = localhost
# SQL database user name.
Server.SQLUser           = root
# SQL database user password.
Server.SQLPassword       = root
# SQL database name.
Server.SQLDatabase       = db_fingerprint
# SQL server connection port.
Server.SQLServerPort     = 3306

# SQL data query. Data will be splitted to all nodes.
Server.SQLDBQuery        = select * from tb_fingerprint
# Data update query. Data will be updated for all nodes.
Server.SQLDBUpdateQueryPattern = select * from tb_fingerprint where dbid = '@id@'[/b]

# Data query column name for extracted fingerprint data.
Server.DBTemplate        = template

# Data query column name for splitting data to nodes.
Server.UidName           = dbid

# SQL driver name.
Server.SQLDriverName     = mysql_drv

# Maximum running task count
Server.MaxTaskCount = 1000

Server.HashName = hash_name

Server.EnableSessions = 0

#
# Simple server has one "node"
#

Node.EnableSessions = 0
Node.DBHost = localhost
Node.DBUser = node
Node.DBPassword = none
Node.DBDatabase = node_db
Node.DBTable = node_tbl
Node.DBServerPort = 0
Node.DBColumnNameHash = node_hash
Node.DBColumnNameId = node_id
Node.SQLModuleName = sqlite_node_drv

# NOTE: this is basename, real name depends on architecture
#       on Win32 it is <AlgFileName>.dll
#       on Linux it is lib<AlgFileName>.so
Node.AlgFileName = NBiometrics


And then I start NServer.exe with the configuration, and this the message result :

Code: Select all
1347095126:server_main.c:384: init: starting server (revision 82716) ...
1347095126:server_main.c:387: init: Not registered.
1347095126:logger.c:259: _lprintf: WARNING: logger not initialized, logging to s
tderr:
1347095126:server_main.c:600: main: server exited


Is the problem that caused I can't connect Matching Server ??

Thanks
sutechno
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 01, 2012 18:01

Re: [SQL] Configuration NServer

Postby Martynas » Sep 10, 2012 08:38

sutechno wrote:All parameter are entered into the NServer_MySql.conf, as follows:
Code: Select all
#
# Sample server configuration file (using MySQL database, other default values are used)
#

# Server client connection port
Server.ClientListenPort = 25452
# Server connection interface
Server.ClientListenAddr = 0.0.0.0

# Log file name
Server.LogFileName = server.log

# Logging method
# 0 - none, 1 - stdout, 2 - stderr, 4 - syslog, 8 - file, 16 - remote logger
Server.DefaultLogMethod = 1

# Remote logger port
Server.RemoteLoggerPort = 27759
# Remote logger address
Server.RemoteLoggerAddr = localhost

# Server administrator connection port
Server.AdminListenPort = 24932
# Administrator connection interface
Server.AdminListenAddr = 0.0.0.0

[b]# SQL host name.
Server.SQLHost           = localhost
# SQL database user name.
Server.SQLUser           = root
# SQL database user password.
Server.SQLPassword       = root
# SQL database name.
Server.SQLDatabase       = db_fingerprint
# SQL server connection port.
Server.SQLServerPort     = 3306

# SQL data query. Data will be splitted to all nodes.
Server.SQLDBQuery        = select * from tb_fingerprint
# Data update query. Data will be updated for all nodes.
Server.SQLDBUpdateQueryPattern = select * from tb_fingerprint where dbid = '@id@'[/b]

# Data query column name for extracted fingerprint data.
Server.DBTemplate        = template

# Data query column name for splitting data to nodes.
Server.UidName           = dbid

# SQL driver name.
Server.SQLDriverName     = mysql_drv

# Maximum running task count
Server.MaxTaskCount = 1000

Server.HashName = hash_name

Server.EnableSessions = 0

#
# Simple server has one "node"
#

Node.EnableSessions = 0
Node.DBHost = localhost
Node.DBUser = node
Node.DBPassword = none
Node.DBDatabase = node_db
Node.DBTable = node_tbl
Node.DBServerPort = 0
Node.DBColumnNameHash = node_hash
Node.DBColumnNameId = node_id
Node.SQLModuleName = sqlite_node_drv

# NOTE: this is basename, real name depends on architecture
#       on Win32 it is <AlgFileName>.dll
#       on Linux it is lib<AlgFileName>.so
Node.AlgFileName = NBiometrics


And then I start NServer.exe with the configuration, and this the message result :

Code: Select all
1347095126:server_main.c:384: init: starting server (revision 82716) ...
1347095126:server_main.c:387: init: Not registered.
1347095126:logger.c:259: _lprintf: WARNING: logger not initialized, logging to s
tderr:
1347095126:server_main.c:600: main: server exited


Is the problem that caused I can't connect Matching Server ??

Thanks

the error "Not registered" is thrown, when the NServer license is not available. If you have purchased the SDK copy the received NServer license file to Activation folder and restart the Neurotechnology licensing service after that.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

[Lic] NClusterServer Configuration

Postby mbogliacino » Sep 10, 2012 15:02

Hi,

I'm doing soma testing of VeriFinger Extended with NServer, and run fine.

Now I want to test the Maching Server Cluster, but when I start I get the error "Not registered".

Few days ago I got the same error testing the NServer, and I copied the file license in the activation folder.

I need an extra license to use the Matching Server Cluster?


Thanks

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
mbogliacino
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mar 02, 2012 13:28

Re: [SQL] Configuration NServer

Postby sutechno » Sep 10, 2012 15:54

Martynas wrote:the error "Not registered" is thrown, when the NServer license is not available. If you have purchased the SDK copy the received NServer license file to Activation folder and restart the Neurotechnology licensing service after that.

Hi,

I cant't find NServer license in Activation folder, I just have VFMatcher and VFExtractor license.
How to get NServer license ?
Can I trying to running ABIS sample using single computer license (VFExtractor and VFMatcher license without NServer license) and database MySQL ?

Thanks
sutechno
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 01, 2012 18:01

Re: [Lic] NClusterServer Configuration

Postby Martynas » Sep 11, 2012 07:34

mbogliacino wrote:Hi,

I'm doing soma testing of VeriFinger Extended with NServer, and run fine.

Now I want to test the Maching Server Cluster, but when I start I get the error "Not registered".

Few days ago I got the same error testing the NServer, and I copied the file license in the activation folder.

I need an extra license to use the Matching Server Cluster?


Thanks

Hi,

are you using trial SDK or the purchased one?
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: [Lic] Configuration NServer

Postby Martynas » Sep 11, 2012 07:36

sutechno wrote:I cant't find NServer license in Activation folder, I just have VFMatcher and VFExtractor license.
How to get NServer license ?
Can I trying to running ABIS sample using single computer license (VFExtractor and VFMatcher license without NServer license) and database MySQL ?

please write an email to support@neurotechnology.com and provide the diagnostic generated with the Activation Wizard along with the issue description.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: [Lic] NClusterServer Configuration

Postby mbogliacino » Sep 12, 2012 13:53

Hi,

Yes, I'm using a purchased version.
mbogliacino
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mar 02, 2012 13:28

Re: [Lic] NClusterServer Configuration

Postby Martynas » Sep 12, 2012 14:09

mbogliacino wrote:Yes, I'm using a purchased version.

when the VeriFinger Extended SDK is purchased, the special NServer license is provided to the customer. If you have not received such license, then please provide your SDK Reference Id and description of the issue to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sep 19, 2008 10:02
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

PreviousNext

Return to Public

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron