Activation and Licensing questions

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Re: Licenses from 4.2 to 4.5

Postby vaidasz » Jul 22, 2013 10:28

mbogliacino wrote:Hi,

I've purchased the licences to the Verifinger Extended and Verilook Extende to the version Megamatcher 4.2.

Now I want to update the version, but the ActivationWizard that has the MegaMatcher4.5 is "trial" version, and I cannot activate the licence.

How can I do to activate the licences with the new version of the megamatcher?

Best regards

Hello,

To download non-trial version of the SDK please use download link and password provided to you when you purchased SDK.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby mbogliacino » Jul 22, 2013 11:00

Hi,

Where is the non-trial link to download the SDK?

Best regards.
mbogliacino

Postby vaidasz » Jul 22, 2013 11:36

mbogliacino wrote:Hi,

Where is the non-trial link to download the SDK?

Best regards.

It was provided to you by e-mail when you purchase the SDK. If you are missing it, send your SDK reference id (it has also been provided to you when you purchase SDK) to support@neurotechnology.com (do not provide your SDK reference id here).
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

License at 4.5 SDK [Lic]

Postby rodrigo » Jul 22, 2013 16:17

Hello,
i am upgrading my software from 4.4 SDK to 4.5 SDK. When I need to get a license I use this line below and its works fine at 4.4 but not for 4.5 anymore. Does someone knows how to fix it?
NLicense.obtainComponents(IP, PORT,"Devices.FingerScanners");.

Admin: merged to "Activation and Licensing questions"
rodrigo

Re: License at 4.5 SDK

Postby rodrigo » Jul 22, 2013 17:04

I am having this error below:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'NObjectCompareTo':
rodrigo

Re: License at 4.5 SDK

Postby vaidasz » Jul 23, 2013 10:20

rodrigo wrote:I am having this error below:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'NObjectCompareTo':
rodrigo wrote:Hello,
i am upgrading my software from 4.4 SDK to 4.5 SDK. When I need to get a license I use this line below and its works fine at 4.4 but not for 4.5 anymore. Does someone knows how to fix it?
NLicense.obtainComponents(IP, PORT,"Devices.FingerScanners");

Hello Rodrigo,

You are using newer version of java wrapper while the libraries are the old ones. The issue is with incorrect libraries being used.
Please check PATH Environment Variables – it will probably be located to old libraries.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Re: Activation and Licensing questions

Postby KimNguyen » Jul 29, 2013 14:30

Are there serial based licenses for using the embedded version of MegaMatcher, VeriLook, VeriEye, or VeriFinger? We keep trying to order serial based licenses, but instead receive internet based licenses. Please advise on how to activate licenses without using the internet.
KimNguyen

Postby vaidasz » Jul 29, 2013 15:39

KimNguyen wrote:Are there serial based licenses for using the embedded version of MegaMatcher, VeriLook, VeriEye, or VeriFinger? We keep trying to order serial based licenses, but instead receive internet based licenses. Please advise on how to activate licenses without using the internet.

Hello,

Yes, there is the licenses that are bound to the hardware. If you want, the internet licenses you are using could be changed to hardware bound licenses provided as serial numbers. In such case, please send the license files you want to be converted to hardware bound licenses to support@neurotechnology.com.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby KimNguyen » Jul 29, 2013 15:48

Will do. Do the serial based licenses look like the internet licenses. I'm used to seeing the serial licenses as a 32 character sequence that you enter into the host device, receive an ID file, submit for the license file, and then install the license file on the host device. When we order we receive either a license file or the long character hash string that would appear in the license file.
KimNguyen

Postby vaidasz » Jul 29, 2013 16:34

KimNguyen wrote:Will do. Do the serial based licenses look like the internet licenses.

It kind of look the same, however not identical.

KimNguyen wrote:I'm used to seeing the serial licenses as a 32 character sequence that you enter into the host device, receive an ID file, submit for the license file, and then install the license file on the host device.

The XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format of serial number where X could be 0-9 or A-F is for PCs only. For Android devices serial numbers are provided in a text file and they are longer.

KimNguyen wrote:When we order we receive either a license file or the long character hash string that would appear in the license file.

Actually, it could be serial numbers. Send them to support (or me) and I will check them. Do not share them on forum.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby KimNguyen » Jul 31, 2013 12:33

Before I send them, where exactly does someone try to enter in the serial based number for an Android device. On the PC there is a wizard provided that allows entry of the serial number and outputs an ID file. However on the tablet, we were only able to load the license files in a specified folder and view them in the license manager.
KimNguyen

Postby vaidasz » Aug 02, 2013 13:40

KimNguyen wrote:Before I send them, where exactly does someone try to enter in the serial based number for an Android device. On the PC there is a wizard provided that allows entry of the serial number and outputs an ID file. However on the tablet, we were only able to load the license files in a specified folder and view them in the license manager.

Hello,

On Android device, you copy serial number files to sdcard/Neurotechnology/Licenses and then use Licensing manager -> Activation tab, to activate the licenses.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

SDK License server

Postby monkeyhandz » Aug 27, 2013 10:10

Hi

Can the the SDK License server be deployed on a central computer and then the different developers and build and test environments can obtain licenses from it? The developers and build/test environments will be on different, remote, computers.

Asking because we have ordered an SDK license but in the meantime are using the SDK Trial license server. However it seems only certain remote computers are able to obtain licenses from the 'central' Trial SDK server. The other remote computers have their obtain license requests rejected. We think its a license issue because it is the same executable being deployed to the different computers and there is no network or connectivity issues.

Kind regards
David Smith

monkeyhandz

Re: SDK License server

Postby Martynas » Aug 29, 2013 11:40

monkeyhandz wrote:Hi

Can the the SDK License server be deployed on a central computer and then the different developers and build and test environments can obtain licenses from it? The developers and build/test environments will be on different, remote, computers.

Asking because we have ordered an SDK license but in the meantime are using the SDK Trial license server. However it seems only certain remote computers are able to obtain licenses from the 'central' Trial SDK server. The other remote computers have their obtain license requests rejected. We think its a license issue because it is the same executable being deployed to the different computers and there is no network or connectivity issues.

Kind regards
David Smith

Hello,

the trial version has a limit on amount of computers, which can use the trial license from the same network.
In case of the purchased SDK it is possible to use a volume license manager (special usb dongle) with multiple licenses loaded on it and connected to some central server which will act as "license server", from where licenses can be obtained by remote computers. The dongle should have exact amount of licenses as many as remote computer there will be.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

LicensingManager obtain license from file

Postby jiang11958 » Nov 26, 2013 02:35

hi,i am new to use the face SDK on android device,
now my apps obtain license directly(internet),
i have to obtain from file(i have a taril license file),but i do not know how to write my code:
Code: Select all
try {
         LicensingServiceManager manager = LicensingServiceManager
               .getInstance();
         LicensingManager manager1 = LicensingManager.getInstance();
         Boolean runningBoolean = manager.isRunning();
         Log.e(TAG, "manager.isRunning()" + runningBoolean);
         if (!runningBoolean) {
            manager.start(getBaseContext());
         }
         Boolean actiBoolean = manager1.isFaceExtractionActivated();
         Log.e(TAG, "manager1.isFaceExtractionActivated():" + actiBoolean);
         if (refresh||!actiBoolean) {
//            manager1.obtain(getBaseContext(), FaceRecognitionActivity.this,
//                  getComponents());
            manager1.obtain(getComponents(), LicensingMode.FROM_FILE, "/local", 0);            
         }
      } catch (Exception e2) {
         e2.printStackTrace();
      }

it seems not right,somebody help,many thanks.
The other hand,where should i to put the license file in my sdcard?
Thanks very much!

jiang11958

Re: LicensingManager obtain license from file

Postby Martynas » Nov 26, 2013 07:32

Hello,

jiang11958 wrote:i have to obtain from file(i have a taril license file),but i do not know how to write my code

By saying trial license file, do you mean "Internet license file"?
If yes, then you should put it to "Neurotechnology\Licenses" folder of the device and start the NPGService. It can be started by using the license-manager.apk, included in the SDK.
Licenses should be obtained by using the NLicense.obtainComponents method, passing the "/local" keyword in this method as server address.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

NServer deployment on virtual server

Postby jeff_mai » Dec 03, 2013 09:37

Hi,

We purchase the Verifinger 6.7 Extend SDK, with NServer (matching server).

We wonder whether we could deploy the NServer on VHD (virtual server) and how about the license model apply for this case?

Thanks and regards,
Jeff

jeff_mai

Re: License

Postby vaidasz » Dec 03, 2013 11:23

jeff_mai wrote:Hi,

We purchase the Verifinger 6.7 Extend SDK, with NServer (matching server).

We wonder whether we could deploy the NServer on VHD (virtual server) and how about the license model apply for this case?

Thanks and regards,
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Licenses provided as serial numbers are not supported on virtual environments.
Virtual machine can get license from these sources:
1. Dongle connected to the host computer if virtualization environment configured to provide access to host USB port. This is not recommended way as some virtualization software have USB issues and solution can be not stable.
2. Dongle connected to some computer available over network. That computer would run license management software and VM can connect it to get license.
3. Our internet server. We have license type called "Internet licenses". In this case VM would communicate with our server. If due some reason communication would be interrupted, VM can live without communication up to 1 week (if there is no need to restart it, but after restart connection is needed immediately).
By default internet based license requires internet connection every each 30 minutes.
Dongle is like USB flash drive that has licenses in it. More information about dongle could be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_protection_dongle website.

All the rest remains the same – you need to start the licensing service and obtain the licenses/components in your source code.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby jeff_mai » Dec 19, 2013 11:09

Hi there,

Can I use the Activation Wizard from Trial SDK to setup the license server after we purchase VeriFinger Extend SDK?

I have here the license key of components in Extend SDK and product code (from the invoice pdf).
How can I setup the license server then?

Thanks and regards,
Jeff
jeff_mai

Postby mnoor1999 » Dec 19, 2013 12:31

hello

i want to ask about if i want to save 20 million fingerprint and about 4 million ten print card and about half million of latent fingerprint
my question is can you help me about (licences and prices )that i need for this case.
mnoor1999

Postby Martynas » Dec 19, 2013 12:32

jeff_mai wrote:Hi there,

Can I use the Activation Wizard from Trial SDK to setup the license server after we purchase VeriFinger Extend SDK?

I have here the license key of components in Extend SDK and product code (from the invoice pdf).
How can I setup the license server then?

Thanks and regards,
Jeff

Hello Jeffrey,

single computer licenses, provided as serial numbers can be used only on the machine where they were activated.
License Server can be setup only when the dongle with licenses are used, or the concurrent license is activated on the machine.
The Trial Activation Wizard is suitable only for the Trial SDK. If the the SDK was purchased, then the Activation Wizard from full SDK must be used.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby Martynas » Dec 19, 2013 12:33

mnoor1999 wrote:hello

i want to ask about if i want to save 20 million fingerprint and about 4 million ten print card and about half million of latent fingerprint
my question is can you help me about (licences and prices )that i need for this case.

Hello,

such question should be sent to support@neurotechnology.com.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby niko » Dec 31, 2013 10:44

Hello,

I have downloaded trial SDK "Neurotec_Biometric_4_5_SDK_Trial_2013-12-13" and want to try veriLook, but I cannot obtain licenses.

This is Diagnostic result
============ General Information ============
* Removed by Vytautas *
=================================================
niko

Postby Vytautas » Jan 02, 2014 10:40

niko wrote:Hello,

I have downloaded trial SDK "Neurotec_Biometric_4_5_SDK_Trial_2013-12-13" and want to try veriLook, but I cannot obtain licenses.

This is Diagnostic result
============ General Information ============
* Removed by Vytautas *
=================================================

Hi, Niko,
Next time please send full diagnostic report to support@neurotechnology.com directly.
Also i want to remind that trial SDK does not support the use:
* with proxy authentication
* over 2G/3G internet connection

Make sure pserver.neurotechnology.com is reachable and no firewalls/url filters are blocking connection.

To use licenses on virtual machine, you need to start licensing service on real computer. For this, you need to Activation folder (SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\Activation) and licensing service started.
On virtual machine you need to modify pgd.conf to:
Mode = gateway
Address = IP_ADDRESS_OF_REAL_COMPUTER
Save and exit. Where IP_ADDRESS_OF_REAL_COMPUTER is the IP address of real computer.
Then you need to start licensing service using Activation Wizard started as administrator or by executing “pg -install” from command line started as administrator.
Vytautas P
Neurotechnology
Vytautas
Neurotechnology

Postby rgraber » Jan 02, 2014 22:11

I have been reviewing the LicenseDeactivationCS.vs2010 sample project in VS C#, and I have been able to successfully use this program on a workstation to deactivate licenses.

To use this program, the usage requires a "lic" file name as the first argument, and I have been able to do that just fine.

The question I have has to do with where this utility is executed. For instance, if I do the following steps, will the deactivation be successful?

1. I have a PC that has a license installed and activated on it...we will call it PC "A".
2. Install the Neurotec SDK Redistributable on a DIFFERENT PC...we will call it PC "B".
3. Copy my LicenseDeactivationCS.exe utility to PC "B".
4. Copy the BiometricLicense.lic file (i.e. for FingerMatching...whatever component is irrelevant) to PC "B".
5. Run the LicenseDeactivationCS.exe utility on PC "B" with the BiometricLicense.lic file copied from PC "A" to PC "B".
6. Will it work, and will it deactivate the license on PC "A" so that I could then activate that license on a different PC (any PC...PC "C") ?

Let me know if this is possible, because if so, then I may start saving copies of the license ".lic" files in a common area so that I can deactivate licenses
even if the original PC is not currently accessible.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Very truly yours,
Rob Graber
rgraber

Postby vaidasz » Jan 03, 2014 09:53

rgraber wrote:I have been reviewing the LicenseDeactivationCS.vs2010 sample project in VS C#, and I have been able to successfully use this program on a workstation to deactivate licenses.

To use this program, the usage requires a "lic" file name as the first argument, and I have been able to do that just fine.

The question I have has to do with where this utility is executed. For instance, if I do the following steps, will the deactivation be successful?

1. I have a PC that has a license installed and activated on it...we will call it PC "A".
2. Install the Neurotec SDK Redistributable on a DIFFERENT PC...we will call it PC "B".
3. Copy my LicenseDeactivationCS.exe utility to PC "B".
4. Copy the BiometricLicense.lic file (i.e. for FingerMatching...whatever component is irrelevant) to PC "B".
5. Run the LicenseDeactivationCS.exe utility on PC "B" with the BiometricLicense.lic file copied from PC "A" to PC "B".
6. Will it work, and will it deactivate the license on PC "A" so that I could then activate that license on a different PC (any PC...PC "C") ?

Let me know if this is possible, because if so, then I may start saving copies of the license ".lic" files in a common area so that I can deactivate licenses
even if the original PC is not currently accessible.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Very truly yours,
Rob Graber

Hello Rob,

Our licenses is per CPU and it could be activated on one computer at the time. That means, if you activate the license on computer A, then copy the license to computer B, the license won't work on computer B and you also won't be able to deactivate the license on computer B. The license could only be deactivated on the same computer it was activated - that means on computer A.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby rubenstine2000 » Jan 07, 2014 06:04

sir, i have downloaded Verilook 4.5 and activated finger matcher and extractor licenses. abis sample aslo working properly.. but when coming to matching server.. it is not getting started. on double click on NServer.exe, server console is appearing and dissappearing instantly..
Message on console is:
1389074066:server_main.c:400:init : starting server (revision 111253)...
1389074066:server_main.c:403:init : Not Registered.
1389074066:logger.c:271: _lprintf:Warning: logger not initialized, logging to stderr.
server exited

Unable to on he server.. please help me..
rubenstine2000

Postby vaidasz » Jan 07, 2014 07:58

rubenstine2000 wrote:sir, i have downloaded Verilook 4.5 and activated finger matcher and extractor licenses. abis sample aslo working properly.. but when coming to matching server.. it is not getting started. on double click on NServer.exe, server console is appearing and dissappearing instantly..
Message on console is:
1389074066:logger.c:271: _lprintf:Warning: logger not initialized, logging to stderr.
server exited

Hello,

The error you get means that you do not have NServer license.
Please generate diagnostics using Activation Wizard, save it to file and send to support@neurotechnology.com. Do not forget to describe the issue you are facing.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby rubenstine2000 » Jan 07, 2014 09:38

vaidasz wrote:
rubenstine2000 wrote:sir, i have downloaded Verilook 4.5 and activated finger matcher and extractor licenses. abis sample aslo working properly.. but when coming to matching server.. it is not getting started. on double click on NServer.exe, server console is appearing and dissappearing instantly..
Message on console is:
server exited

Hello,

Please generate diagnostics using Activation Wizard, save it to file and send to support@neurotechnology.com. Do not forget to describe the issue you are facing.

but ABIS Sample is perfectly working (enrollment and identification is working perfectly).. ok anyways am sending the log to support
rubenstine2000

Postby vaidasz » Jan 07, 2014 10:27

rubenstine2000 wrote:
vaidasz wrote:
Message on console is:
server exited

Hello,

but ABIS Sample is perfectly working (enrollment and identification is working perfectly).. ok anyways am sending the log to support

Hello,

ABIS sample does not use NServver. It uses NMatacher which is unlocked using Fingerprint Matcher license.
As I've written, NServer needs NServer license which seems you do not have/do not have configured to be use.
Please send the diagnostics as I've written in previous post.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby pbyhre » Jan 11, 2014 17:27

I purchased single computer licenses for VeriFinger a couple years ago. The windows development machine that I was using then died and I'm now running on Ubuntu 13.10 in a Parallels VM on a Mac. I put my serial number in a text file and tried running id_gen and I get this:

sudo ./id_gen fingext.txt fingext.id
./id_gen revision: 84723
Generating id ...
Can't open serial number file
error -3

Please let me know what I need to do to get this to work.
pbyhre

Postby pbyhre » Jan 11, 2014 19:58

Nevermind...I'm an idiot...files in the wrong place
pbyhre

Postby edjogu » Jan 20, 2014 01:26

Hi.
I installed Neurotec_Biometric_4_4_SDK_2013-06-30 on the server VMWare the components of Verfinger Extraction and VeriFinger Matcher whith licenses and to try boot the windows service with a application of fingerprint display the following error:

[4] 17/01/2014 04:17:39 p.m. Info loading data into fingerprints storage
[4] 17/01/2014 04:17:39 p.m. Info try to obtain license Biometrics.FingerExtraction from local : 5000
[4] 17/01/2014 04:17:46 p.m. Info fingerprints storage has failed to load data
[4] 17/01/2014 04:17:46 p.m. Error
   Neurotechnology license (Biometrics.FingerExtraction) obtain failed from local:5000
         at Quipu.CustomWareNET.CommonHelper.Biometric.FingerPrintHelper.ObtainLicense(String address, String port, String component)
         at Quipu.CustomWareNET.Service.Managers.Biometric.FingerPrintStorage.ObtainLicense()
         at Quipu.CustomWareNET.Service.Managers.Biometric.FingerPrintStorage.Load()
   The type initializer for "Neurotec.NCore" threw an exception.
         at Neurotec.Interop.NStringWrapper..ctor(String value)
         at Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense.IsComponentActivated(String component)
         at Quipu.CustomWareNET.CommonHelper.Biometric.FingerPrintHelper.ObtainLicense(String address, String port, String component)
   An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
         at Neurotec.NCore.NCoreAddPointerRefCallback(IntPtr pCallback, IntPtr pParam)
         at Neurotec.NCore.Events..ctor()
         at Neurotec.NCore..cctor()

[4] 17/01/2014 04:17:46 p.m. Error
   The type initializer for "Neurotec.NCore" threw an exception.
         at Neurotec.Interop.NStringWrapper..ctor(String value)
         at Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense.IsComponentActivated(String component)

[2] 17/01/2014 04:17:46 p.m. Warn uncatched domain exception System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Neurotec.NCore" threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at Neurotec.NCore.NCoreAddPointerRefCallback(IntPtr pCallback, IntPtr pParam)
   at Neurotec.NCore.Events..ctor()
   at Neurotec.NCore..cctor()

Licensing mode is Volume License Manager Server.
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Port: 5000

Ther server is virtual (VMWare) with OS Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Ed.

thanks in advance.
edjogu

Postby Martynas » Jan 20, 2014 07:56

Hi,

Error “An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)" is thrown, when the application is trying to load incorrect dlls. i.e. if your application is compiled with configuration “win64_x64” and the application is loading 32 bit dlls.
Or i.e. you have compiled the application with “AnyCPU” configuration and you are running the application on 64 bit OS and the application is loading 32 bit dlls.
Please check what configuration is used to build your application and if the correct dlls are loaded.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby edjogu » Jan 20, 2014 14:22

Thank for your aswer.

Our application is AnyCPU, but as the version of the dll I"m using?
Where I can find the dll version 64?

These are the dll I"m using:
NBiometrics.dll
NBiometricStandards.dll
NCore.dll
NDevices.dll
NdmMedia.dll
NdmVirtual.dll
Neurotec.Biometrics.dll
Neurotec.Devices.dll
Neurotec.Devices.Virtual.dll
Neurotec.dll
Neurotec.Licensing.dll
Neurotec.Media.dll
NLicensing.dll
NMedia.dll
NMediaProc.dll
NdmDigitalPersonaUareU.dll

Thanks in advance.
edjogu

Postby edjogu » Jan 21, 2014 03:39

Hi.
Where I can get dll files 64-bit version?
The files are:
NBiometrics.dll
NBiometricStandards.dll
NCore.dll
NDevices.dll
NdmMedia.dll
NdmVirtual.dll
Neurotec.Biometrics.dll
Neurotec.Devices.dll
Neurotec.Devices.Virtual.dll
Neurotec.dll
Neurotec.Licensing.dll
Neurotec.Media.dll
NLicensing.dll
NMedia.dll
NMediaProc.dll

Thanks in advance.
edjogu

Postby Martynas » Jan 21, 2014 08:13

Hello,

32 and 64 bit dlls are provided in the downloaded SDK, located in “bin\win32_x86” and “bin\win64_x64” folders. Also SDK has Redistributable.exe for the 32 bit and 64 bit. It installs required dlls into system.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Activation and Licensing questions

Postby rubenstine2000 » Jan 21, 2014 11:23

Hello,

we are using verilook sdk 4.5.. and i have integratted abis sample into jsp using 'applet' tag..
(in a web application)
First time Applet is properly loading into the jsp..
but second time if i try to load, then the applet is not loading..and
giving an error..

If i see in the log license is not obtained..
First time the license is obtained but sencond time the license is not obtained.
we are using this for fingers..
Please give a solutions for this ..
Log:
=======
Obtaining licenses from server /local:5000
Biometrics.FingerExtraction: obtained
Releasing licenses... Released.

Obtaining licenses from server /local:5000
Biometrics.FingerExtraction: not obtained
nullcom.neurotec.lang.NIllegalStateException: Attempted to execute operation that is not valid for the object
   at com.neurotec.lang.RuntimeErrorCreator.create(RuntimeErrorCreator.java:35)
   at com.neurotec.lang.ChainedErrorCreator.create(ChainedErrorCreator.java:20)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.get(NError.java:161)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NError.getLast(NError.java:177)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NResult.checkUnchecked(NResult.java:234)
   at com.neurotec.licensing.NLicense.obtainComponents(NLicense.java:223)
   at com.neurotec.samples.util.LicenseManager.obtain(LicenseManager.java:102)
   at com.neurotec.samples.util.LicenseManager.obtain(LicenseManager.java:88)
   at com.neurotec.samples.FingerEnrollmentApplet.init(FingerEnrollmentApplet.java:109)
   at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)
   at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
DESTROYED
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Allocated resources were released previously
   at com.neurotec.lang.NAbstractDisposable.check(NAbstractDisposable.java:20)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NObject.getHandle(NObject.java:1060)
   at com.neurotec.lang.NObject.toHandle(NObject.java:344)
   at com.neurotec.util.NSimpleReadOnlyCollection.size(NSimpleReadOnlyCollection.java:58)
   at com.neurotec.samples.fingers.FingerEnrollmentPage.updateDeviceList(FingerEnrollmentPage.java:514)
   at com.neurotec.samples.fingers.FingerEnrollmentPage.initGUI(FingerEnrollmentPage.java:345)
   at com.neurotec.samples.fingers.FingerEnrollmentPage.rendering(FingerEnrollmentPage.java:605)
   at org.ciscavate.cjwizard.WizardContainer.next(WizardContainer.java:201)
   at com.neurotec.samples.wizard.NWizardContainer.next(NWizardContainer.java:57)
   at org.ciscavate.cjwizard.WizardContainer.<init>(WizardContainer.java:124)
   at org.ciscavate.cjwizard.WizardContainer.<init>(WizardContainer.java:110)
   at com.neurotec.samples.wizard.NWizardContainer.<init>(NWizardContainer.java:21)
   at com.neurotec.samples.wizard.Wizard.initGUI(Wizard.java:42)
   at com.neurotec.samples.wizard.Wizard.<init>(Wizard.java:31)
   at com.neurotec.samples.FingerEnrollmentApplet$1.run(FingerEnrollmentApplet.java:127)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
rubenstine2000

Postby Martynas » Jan 22, 2014 09:52

Hi,

Please make sure, that you are setting applets‘s property „separate_jvm“ to „true“, i.e.
<applet name="Abis" id="Abis" code="com.neurotec.samples.AbisApplet"  width="800"  height="600">
                             <param name="jnlp_href" value="abis-sample.jnlp" />
                             <param name="codebase_lookup" value="false" />
                             <param name="separate_jvm" value="true" />
                             <param name="server_address" value="/local" />
                             <param name="server_port" value="5000" />
</applet>
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby edjogu » Jan 22, 2014 15:06

Martynas wrote:Hello,

32 and 64 bit dlls are provided in the downloaded SDK, located in “bin\win32_x86” and “bin\win64_x64” folders. Also SDK has Redistributable.exe for the 32 bit and 64 bit. It installs required dlls into system.

Thanks Martynas.
It's Ok,
But shows the following errors:

The type initializer for 'Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager' threw an exception

Copy all files in the folder Bin/Win64_x64.

How to Fix?

Thanks in advanced.
edjogu

Difference between component licenses

Postby anton-vetrov » Jan 22, 2014 22:47

Hello,

I am doing fingerprint feature extraction, fingerprint matching and fingerprint identification. I using MegaMatcher 4.5 SDK.

Currently I am obtaining two component licenses with NLicense.ObtainComponents method: "Biometrics.FingerExtraction", "Biometrics.FingerMatching";

What is the purpose of "Biometrics.FingerExtractionBase" and "Biometrics.FingerMatchingFast"? Should I use these component licenses instead?

Can you, please, explain?

Anton

anton-vetrov

Postby Martynas » Jan 23, 2014 08:00

edjogu wrote:Thanks Martynas.
It's Ok,
But shows the following errors:
The type initializer for 'Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager' threw an exception

Copy all files in the folder Bin/Win64_x64.

How to Fix?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi,

this is not the full exception. Please provide the full one as you did in one of your previous posts.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Re: Difference between component licenses

Postby Martynas » Jan 23, 2014 08:07

anton-vetrov wrote:Hello,

I am doing fingerprint feature extraction, fingerprint matching and fingerprint identification. I using MegaMatcher 4.5 SDK.

Currently I am obtaining two component licenses with NLicense.ObtainComponents method: "Biometrics.FingerExtraction", "Biometrics.FingerMatching";

What is the purpose of "Biometrics.FingerExtractionBase" and "Biometrics.FingerMatchingFast"? Should I use these component licenses instead?

Can you, please, explain?

Anton

Hello,

Biometrics.FingerExtractionBase component is used only in the MegaMatcher On Card SDK (MOC). It is used with special extractor license, which is provided with the MOC. In your case use Biometrics.FingerExtraction.
Biometrics.FingerMatchingFast component can be obtained only if the Fast Finger Matcher license is available. If you have activated the Finger Matcher license, then use Biometrics.FingerMatching. If the Fast Finger Matcher license is activated then use Biometrics.FingerMatchingFast.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby edjogu » Jan 23, 2014 13:50

Martynas wrote:Hi,

this is not the full exception. Please provide the full one as you did in one of your previous posts.

Hi. Please, URGENT
mscorlib
The type initializer for 'Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager' threw an exception.
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Error en detalles
Source Neurotec.Devices

Starck Trace
at Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager.NDeviceManagerTypeOf(HNObject& hvalue)
at Neurotec.NTypeReg..ctor(GetObjectPlain TypeOf, Type type)
at Neurotec.NTypeMap.Add(GetObjectPlain TypeOf, Type type, FromHandlePlain fromHandle, Type[] releatedTypes)
at Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager..cctor()
edjogu

Postby Martynas » Jan 23, 2014 14:17

edjogu wrote:Hi. Please, URGENT
mscorlib
The type initializer for 'Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager' threw an exception.

Error en detalles
Source Neurotec.Devices

Starck Trace
at Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager.NDeviceManagerTypeOf(HNObject& hvalue)
at Neurotec.NTypeReg..ctor(GetObjectPlain TypeOf, Type type)
at Neurotec.NTypeMap.Add(GetObjectPlain TypeOf, Type type, FromHandlePlain fromHandle, Type[] releatedTypes)
at Neurotec.Devices.NDeviceManager..cctor()

Hello,

it is the same error as it was before. It means that the AnyCPU application is running on 64 bit operating system and 32 bit dlls were tried to load.
Please check if the folder from where your application is loading dlls contains dlls from the SDK win64_x64 folder. Also scanner, camera modules (in FScanners, Cameras folders) should be copied from the win64_x64 folder.
Also you can check what your application is loading by using the Process Explorer tool.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Server.lic for Internet webenabled

Postby Riz » Jan 27, 2014 20:39

Hi

We want to run Nserver without dongle.

We also have a internet enable fingerpint fast matcher license.

Is there a special Server.lic which does not require a dongle or can we use the a dongle-enabled Server.lic with internet enable fingerpint fast matcher license

Thanks

Riz

Re: Server.lic for Internet webenabled

Postby Martynas » Jan 28, 2014 08:27

Riz wrote:Hi

We want to run Nserver without dongle.

We also have a internet enable fingerpint fast matcher license.

Is there a special Server.lic which does not require a dongle or can we use the a dongle-enabled Server.lic with internet enable fingerpint fast matcher license

Thanks

Hi,

NServer license file, provided when the Veri* Extended or MegaMatcher Standard/Extended SDK is purchased, can be copied and used on any amount of computer, where the NServer will be running.
It can be used along with the Internet licenses on the same computer.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

Postby edjogu » Jan 28, 2014 17:38

Martynas wrote:Hello,

it is the same error as it was before. It means that the AnyCPU application is running on 64 bit operating system and 32 bit dlls were tried to load.
Please check if the folder from where your application is loading dlls contains dlls from the SDK win64_x64 folder. Also scanner, camera modules (in FScanners, Cameras folders) should be copied from the win64_x64 folder.
Also you can check what your application is loading by using the Process Explorer tool.

Hi Martynas,
Is working,
In VS 2008 Target Platform = 64, and it worked perfect.

Thanks very much Martynas.
edjogu

Postby Riz » Jan 29, 2014 21:10

Thanks

Regarding "NServer license file" i.e. Server.lic
Does it require dongle? or can we run it without dongle as internet-enabled.

The reason is that, We have an server to which we do not have physical access. i.e. we can not physically connect dongle to it. we have to do everything remote.

Can we run the "NServer license" without dongle and "internet enable fingerpint fast matcher" on such server?

Thanks
Riz

Postby Martynas » Jan 30, 2014 10:21

Riz wrote:Thanks

Regarding "NServer license file" i.e. Server.lic
Does it require dongle? or can we run it without dongle as internet-enabled.

The reason is that, We have an server to which we do not have physical access. i.e. we can not physically connect dongle to it. we have to do everything remote.

Can we run the "NServer license" without dongle and "internet enable fingerpint fast matcher" on such server?

Thanks

Hello,

it is possible to run the NServer using the NServer license file and Internet license file, which has a matcher license inside of it.
Best regards,

Martynas
Software Consultant
Neurotechnology
Martynas
Neurotechnology

PreviousNext

Return to Public