Problems connecting to MySQL with ODBC using AbisSampleCS

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Problems connecting to MySQL with ODBC using AbisSampleCS

Postby adi-kom » Sep 19, 2019 15:19

Hi,

I am running the AbisSampleCS software through Visual Studio 2013 and am getting the following exception when I click the "List" button I get the following exception...

"System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
at Neurotec.Samples.ChangeDatabaseDialog.BtnListTablesClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

I am running this on Window 10 Pro, 64 bit o/s and have installed both "mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.30-winx64" and "mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.30-win32" and then set up connectors using "ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)" and "ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit)" both of which successfully connect to database from the ODBC Admin tool.

I am using the Neurotec Biometric 11.1 SDK.
adi-kom

Re: Problems connecting to MySQL with ODBC using AbisSampleC

Postby MartynasV » Sep 25, 2019 15:33

adi-kom wrote:Hi,

I am running the AbisSampleCS software through Visual Studio 2013 and am getting the following exception when I click the "List" button I get the following exception...

"System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
at Neurotec.Samples.ChangeDatabaseDialog.BtnListTablesClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

I am running this on Window 10 Pro, 64 bit o/s and have installed both "mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.30-winx64" and "mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.30-win32" and then set up connectors using "ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)" and "ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit)" both of which successfully connect to database from the ODBC Admin tool.

I am using the Neurotec Biometric 11.1 SDK.

Hello,

Are you using correct DSN in application?
Send connection string that you are using.
And when you created DSN, did you create as for User or for System(in ODBC Data Source Administrator)?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public