How can I performe NBiometricClient.verify the in parallel?

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

How can I performe NBiometricClient.verify the in parallel?

Postby jbfan » Aug 27, 2019 20:39

Hi all,

I"m implementing a rest service and many clients will call the service and will be a new thread calling the SDK.

But, trying to execute in parallel calls to NBiometricEngine.verify(NSubject subject, NSubject otherSubject). But it only execute the second thread when the first was finished, even setting the propertie setMaximalThreadCount to more than one thread.

How is the best way to performa multithread call in NBiometricEngine.verify?
jbfan

Re: How can I performe NBiometricClient.verify the in parall

Postby MartynasV » Aug 29, 2019 10:11

jbfan wrote:Hi all,

I"m implementing a rest service and many clients will call the service and will be a new thread calling the SDK.

But, trying to execute in parallel calls to NBiometricEngine.verify(NSubject subject, NSubject otherSubject). But it only execute the second thread when the first was finished, even setting the propertie setMaximalThreadCount to more than one thread.

How is the best way to performa multithread call in NBiometricEngine.verify?

Hello jbfan,

If you are using Extractor license(e.g. Face Extractor), then you can reach speed up to 1.3 seconds for single extraction(this is per whole machine, not thread), that means if you reach this limit and you need greater performance - you need faster license: either Client (1 extraction per 0.6 sec) or Image Processing (1 extraction per 0.02 sec).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby jbfan » Aug 29, 2019 12:58

Hello MartynasV,

Thanks for response,

I"m using a trial license to test the performance of matching verification. My problem is not a time for a single call. I need to perform a test using multiples threads (users) accessing the service simultaneously. And I when a call the SDK method NBiometricClient.verify, the threads wait for another to finish as queue, and not execute the calls in parallel.

When you said that the time is for whole machine, not for thread, did you mean that I can"t call the matching verification simultaneously?
jbfan

Postby MartynasV » Aug 30, 2019 08:40

jbfan wrote:Hello MartynasV,

Thanks for response,

I"m using a trial license to test the performance of matching verification. My problem is not a time for a single call. I need to perform a test using multiples threads (users) accessing the service simultaneously. And I when a call the SDK method NBiometricClient.verify, the threads wait for another to finish as queue, and not execute the calls in parallel.

When you said that the time is for whole machine, not for thread, did you mean that I can"t call the matching verification simultaneously?

E.g. If you had 10 simultaneous tasks started(10 templates to extract) it would take in total to complete all tasks 10 x 1.3 second = 13 seconds. So if you want to perform them faster then that you will need faster license.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby jbfan » Aug 30, 2019 16:50

I"ve tried to use the FaceExtractor, FaceFasterExtractor and FaceClient but the performance was the same for template extraction. In my case: small and medium template about 1 sec and large templates 3sec.

According with the specifications, and with what you are saying, the FaceFasterExtraction and FaceClient would perform better.

Is it a limitation of trial SDK performance?

Also I"ve had validate the licenses:

Time left for trial products:
FaceExtractor: about 4 week(s)
FaceMatcher: about 4 week(s)
FaceFastMatcher: about 4 week(s)
FaceClient: about 4 week(s)
FaceFastExtractor: about 4 week(s)
jbfan

Return to Public