VeriFinger 11 Proprietary Template Size

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

VeriFinger 11 Proprietary Template Size

Postby dpop » Apr 24, 2019 19:24

Is it normal that when creating proprietary VF11 templates, SetFingersTemplateSize with ntsCompact and ntsSmall yields the same templates (about 2,000 bytes long in my sample databaset) and ntsMedium and ntsLarge also yield the same templates (about 13,000 bytes long in my sample databaset) ?

I could not find anything about this in the documentation.
My only explanation is that these different sizes apply to non-proprietary templates, e.g., GetTemplateBuffer(CBEFF_BO_ ...

Also, what approximate effect does this template size have on match speed?

Thanks,
Dan Pop.
dpop

Re: VeriFinger 11 Proprietary Template Size

Postby MartynasV » Apr 25, 2019 08:54

dpop wrote:Is it normal that when creating proprietary VF11 templates, SetFingersTemplateSize with ntsCompact and ntsSmall yields the same templates (about 2,000 bytes long in my sample databaset) and ntsMedium and ntsLarge also yield the same templates (about 13,000 bytes long in my sample databaset) ?

I could not find anything about this in the documentation.
My only explanation is that these different sizes apply to non-proprietary templates, e.g., GetTemplateBuffer(CBEFF_BO_ ...

Thanks,
Dan Pop.

Hello Dan,

Fingerprint templates sizes depend on extracted minutiae count. Do you need to reduce the size of template for some reason? If not, then it is advisable to extract Large size templates for best accuracy.

It takes more resources to compare larger templates(so matching is slower).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Re: VeriFinger 11 Proprietary Template Size

Postby dpop » Apr 25, 2019 11:51

Thanks.

What I meant regarding template sizes was that I was not seeing any differences between some values.
I reran my tests on your public dataset (VeriFinger_Sample_DB) and found that Compact and Small templates were identical, byte by byte.

But I do see a slight difference in size between Medium and Large.
Dan.
dpop

Return to Public