Using Licenses vb.net

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Using Licenses vb.net

Postby esauvp » Mar 12, 2019 20:48

I have the fingerclient and fingermatcher licenses.
Activate the licenses with ActivationWizardDotNet.
I placed the licenses in the Licenses folder in the root of my project, I did not use the SDK structure, I created a new project.

This is my code:

Imports Neurotec.Licensing
Imports Neurotec.Biometrics.Client
Imports Neurotec.Biometrics
Imports Neurotec.Devices

Public Class Login
Public Sub New()
InitializeComponent()

Const Components As String = "Biometrics.FingerExtraction,Biometrics.FingerMatching,Devices.FingerScanners,Images.WSQ,Biometrics.FingerSegmentation,Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase"
Try
For Each component As String In Components.Split(New Char() {","c}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)
NLicense.ObtainComponents("/local", 5000, component)
Next component
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString(), String.Empty, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
End Try
End Sub
End Class

But, it throws me the following error:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception occurred in the type initializer of "Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense". ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find the entry point named "NlicenseTypeOf" in the DLL "NLicensing", in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense.NLicenseTypeOf (HNObject & hValue) in Neurotec.NTypeReg..ctor (GetObjetctPlain typeOf, Type type) in Neurotec.NType [] relatedTypes) in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense..cctor () --- End of the stack of the internal exception --- in Neurotec.Licensing.Nlicense.ObtainComponents (String address, Int32 port, String components)

And at other times I get this error:

Unable to find the entry point named "NErrorGetLastEx0 in the" NCore "DLL, in Neurotec.NError.NErrorGetLastEx (UInt32 flags, HNObject & hError)
in Neurotec.NError.GetLast (Int32 code) in Neurotec.NResult.RaiseError (Int32 error) in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicensing.NLicense.ObtainComponents (String address, Int32 port, String components)
esauvp

Re: Using Licenses vb.net

Postby vaidasz » Mar 13, 2019 15:13

esauvp wrote:I have the fingerclient and fingermatcher licenses.
Activate the licenses with ActivationWizardDotNet.
I placed the licenses in the Licenses folder in the root of my project, I did not use the SDK structure, I created a new project.

This is my code:

Imports Neurotec.Licensing
Imports Neurotec.Biometrics.Client
Imports Neurotec.Biometrics
Imports Neurotec.Devices

Public Class Login
Public Sub New()
InitializeComponent()

Const Components As String = "Biometrics.FingerExtraction,Biometrics.FingerMatching,Devices.FingerScanners,Images.WSQ,Biometrics.FingerSegmentation,Biometrics.FingerQualityAssessmentBase"
Try
For Each component As String In Components.Split(New Char() {","c}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)
NLicense.ObtainComponents("/local", 5000, component)
Next component
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString(), String.Empty, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
End Try
End Sub
End Class

But, it throws me the following error:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception occurred in the type initializer of "Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense". ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find the entry point named "NlicenseTypeOf" in the DLL "NLicensing", in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense.NLicenseTypeOf (HNObject & hValue) in Neurotec.NTypeReg..ctor (GetObjetctPlain typeOf, Type type) in Neurotec.NType [] relatedTypes) in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicense..cctor () --- End of the stack of the internal exception --- in Neurotec.Licensing.Nlicense.ObtainComponents (String address, Int32 port, String components)

And at other times I get this error:

Unable to find the entry point named "NErrorGetLastEx0 in the" NCore "DLL, in Neurotec.NError.NErrorGetLastEx (UInt32 flags, HNObject & hError)
in Neurotec.NError.GetLast (Int32 code) in Neurotec.NResult.RaiseError (Int32 error) in Neurotec.Licensing.NLicensing.NLicense.ObtainComponents (String address, Int32 port, String components)

Hello,

It seems you have mixed .net and native libraries. Please make sure that .net and native libraries are from exactly the same SDK version and update revision. Ndf files should be from the same revision as well.
It might be that you have added the path to libraries to system environment variables or systems32 (not recommended) and libraries are being loaded from there.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby Ei Ei Mon » Sep 09, 2019 14:26

How to activate the trial licensing in VeriFinger 11.2 SDK.
The documentation describes that the triall licensing switch can be made programmatically.
LicenseManager contains TrialMode property (which is false by default).
But I am not clear which file I need to change.
Ei Ei Mon

Postby vaidasz » Sep 09, 2019 16:10

Ei Ei Mon wrote:How to activate the trial licensing in VeriFinger 11.2 SDK.
The documentation describes that the triall licensing switch can be made programmatically.
LicenseManager contains TrialMode property (which is false by default).
But I am not clear which file I need to change.

Hello,

NLicenseManager.TrialMode shoudl be set before you obtain licenses in the source code of your application. Please check samples/tutorial how it is done.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Return to Public