"Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

"Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

Postby POSDATA » Jan 25, 2019 00:28

I am trying to do Identification and NBiometricClient.CreateTemplate is throwing an exception maybe 49/50 times, but not all of the time.

Code: Select all
    byte[] img = Convert.FromBase64String(fingerprintImage); // is a base64 string, read from FbF bioControl JavaScript library as "RawBitmap"
        using(NImage nimg = NImage.FromMemory(img, NImageFormat.Bmp)) {
            using(NFinger scannedFinger = new NFinger()) {
                scannedFinger.Image = nimg;
                using(NSubject probeSubject = new NSubject()) {
                    probeSubject.Fingers.Add(scannedFinger);
                    probeSubject.Id = "ProbeSubject";
                    NBiometricStatus status = biometricClient.CreateTemplate(probeSubject); // Throws exception most, but not all of the time


Most of the time the line .CreateTemplate() throws `Neurotec.NException: Operation failed` and I can"t figure out why. Even if the scanned fingerprint is not a match, it ought to just return some NBiometricStatus and probeSubject should have some empty results, I should think. But it is throwing this exception most of the time, both with enrolled and non-enrolled fingerprints that I have tested with. Why? What am I supposed to expect when I invoke CreateTemplate() ???
POSDATA
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 15, 2019 00:18

Re: "Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

Postby vaidasz » Feb 05, 2019 15:09

POSDATA wrote:I am trying to do Identification and NBiometricClient.CreateTemplate is throwing an exception maybe 49/50 times, but not all of the time.

Code: Select all
    byte[] img = Convert.FromBase64String(fingerprintImage); // is a base64 string, read from FbF bioControl JavaScript library as "RawBitmap"
        using(NImage nimg = NImage.FromMemory(img, NImageFormat.Bmp)) {
            using(NFinger scannedFinger = new NFinger()) {
                scannedFinger.Image = nimg;
                using(NSubject probeSubject = new NSubject()) {
                    probeSubject.Fingers.Add(scannedFinger);
                    probeSubject.Id = "ProbeSubject";
                    NBiometricStatus status = biometricClient.CreateTemplate(probeSubject); // Throws exception most, but not all of the time


Most of the time the line .CreateTemplate() throws `Neurotec.NException: Operation failed` and I can"t figure out why. Even if the scanned fingerprint is not a match, it ought to just return some NBiometricStatus and probeSubject should have some empty results, I should think. But it is throwing this exception most of the time, both with enrolled and non-enrolled fingerprints that I have tested with. Why? What am I supposed to expect when I invoke CreateTemplate() ???


Hello,

There was an issue with missing libraries. It is always recommended to copy all libraries from SDK\Bin\Win32_x86 or SDK\Bin\Win64_x64 folder to the same folder as the application folder is to avoid issues.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: "Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

Postby smacias » Mar 11, 2019 22:15

I have the same error and i´m al ready put all the dll"s of Neurotec_Biometric_11_0_SDKBinWin32_x86 in mi app folder but it still not workin, any other idea?
smacias
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 06, 2019 17:14

Re: "Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

Postby smacias » Mar 11, 2019 22:54

vaidasz wrote:
POSDATA wrote:I am trying to do Identification and NBiometricClient.CreateTemplate is throwing an exception maybe 49/50 times, but not all of the time.

Code: Select all
    byte[] img = Convert.FromBase64String(fingerprintImage); // is a base64 string, read from FbF bioControl JavaScript library as "RawBitmap"
        using(NImage nimg = NImage.FromMemory(img, NImageFormat.Bmp)) {
            using(NFinger scannedFinger = new NFinger()) {
                scannedFinger.Image = nimg;
                using(NSubject probeSubject = new NSubject()) {
                    probeSubject.Fingers.Add(scannedFinger);
                    probeSubject.Id = "ProbeSubject";
                    NBiometricStatus status = biometricClient.CreateTemplate(probeSubject); // Throws exception most, but not all of the time


Most of the time the line .CreateTemplate() throws `Neurotec.NException: Operation failed` and I can"t figure out why. Even if the scanned fingerprint is not a match, it ought to just return some NBiometricStatus and probeSubject should have some empty results, I should think. But it is throwing this exception most of the time, both with enrolled and non-enrolled fingerprints that I have tested with. Why? What am I supposed to expect when I invoke CreateTemplate() ???


Hello,

There was an issue with missing libraries. It is always recommended to copy all libraries from SDKBinWin32_x86 or SDKBinWin64_x64 folder to the same folder as the application folder is to avoid issues.


I have the same problem and i´m already put all the dlls of SDKBinWin32_x86 into my project folder but it still not working, i´m using the sdk 11.0, do you know whats the problem?
smacias
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 06, 2019 17:14

Re: "Operation failed" on CreateTemplate

Postby vaidasz » Mar 12, 2019 12:36

smacias wrote:
vaidasz wrote:
POSDATA wrote:I am trying to do Identification and NBiometricClient.CreateTemplate is throwing an exception maybe 49/50 times, but not all of the time.

Code: Select all
    byte[] img = Convert.FromBase64String(fingerprintImage); // is a base64 string, read from FbF bioControl JavaScript library as "RawBitmap"
        using(NImage nimg = NImage.FromMemory(img, NImageFormat.Bmp)) {
            using(NFinger scannedFinger = new NFinger()) {
                scannedFinger.Image = nimg;
                using(NSubject probeSubject = new NSubject()) {
                    probeSubject.Fingers.Add(scannedFinger);
                    probeSubject.Id = "ProbeSubject";
                    NBiometricStatus status = biometricClient.CreateTemplate(probeSubject); // Throws exception most, but not all of the time


Most of the time the line .CreateTemplate() throws `Neurotec.NException: Operation failed` and I can"t figure out why. Even if the scanned fingerprint is not a match, it ought to just return some NBiometricStatus and probeSubject should have some empty results, I should think. But it is throwing this exception most of the time, both with enrolled and non-enrolled fingerprints that I have tested with. Why? What am I supposed to expect when I invoke CreateTemplate() ???


Hello,

There was an issue with missing libraries. It is always recommended to copy all libraries from SDKBinWin32_x86 or SDKBinWin64_x64 folder to the same folder as the application folder is to avoid issues.


I have the same problem and i´m already put all the dlls of SDKBinWin32_x86 into my project folder but it still not working, i´m using the sdk 11.0, do you know whats the problem?


Hello,

Please send an e-mail with issue description to support@neurotechnology.com. Do not forget to explain in details about the issue you are facing. Screenshots might be helpful as well.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Apr 30, 2010 06:57
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania


Return to Public

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests