Bad fingerprint scan

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Bad fingerprint scan

Postby Fabioz » Jan 24, 2019 10:40

Hi,

I"m trying your SDK with a Suprema biomini slim2.
I successfully replicated your needs based on your samples, so i can now scan a fingerprint, send to NServer and obtain the matching value and suggested id.

However, i noticed that the scans frequently are bad, like in this example:

https://ibb.co/wp5yk8M

it"s a software issue, a device issue or something else? :cry:
I"m using "FingerExtractor" as dll to execute the scan.

Thanks
Fabioz

Re: Bad fingerprint scan

Postby MartynasV » Jan 25, 2019 11:48

Fabioz wrote:Hi,

I successfully replicated your needs based on your samples, so i can now scan a fingerprint, send to NServer and obtain the matching value and suggested id.

Thanks

Hello,

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
Did you install scanners drivers from our site?
What exact OS you are using?
Test with our DeviceSample application, are you experiencing the same issue?
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Fabioz » Jan 25, 2019 14:45

MartynasV wrote:
Fabioz wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Hello,

Please provide SDK revision number(can be found in SDK root directory, in Revision.txt file).
Did you install scanners drivers from our site?
What exact OS you are using?
Test with our DeviceSample application, are you experiencing the same issue?

- Product revision number: 188367

- The drivers are the manufacturer's drivers. Found on suprema website https://www.suprema-id.com/en/download_ ... OAD_en_6_2

- Windows 10 1803 build 17134.523

- I don't know how to use DeviceSample application. I tried the ABIS sample to visually check the output of the fingerprint, and that showed those errors as shown before

thanks for the support :)
Fabioz

Postby MartynasV » Jan 25, 2019 15:05

You have to install drivers from “Scanners and cameras drivers” pack from link: http://www.neurotechnology.com/download ... _sdk_trial.
So uninstall current drivers and install from our pack.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Fabioz » Jan 28, 2019 11:41

Thanks,

It really works better now, no more glitches.

However i have some cases with exceptions thrown:

https://ibb.co/988F4mS

it's correct? why is throwing an exception and not only a BadImage result?

Thanks
Fabioz

Postby MartynasV » Jan 28, 2019 16:10

Fabioz wrote:Thanks,

Thanks

Hello,

From Suprema documentation:
UFS_ERR_CAPTURE_FAILED -212 Capturing is timeout or aborted

I was able to reproduce the same behavior by sliding my finger over scanner sensor once after capturing was started, then after few seconds error is thrown. Normal procedure to scan fingerprint is to place your finger on scanner sensor and wait till capture is complete(if you do it this way error is not thrown).
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Fabioz » Jan 29, 2019 07:44

MartynasV wrote:
Fabioz wrote:Thanks,

Thanks

Hello,

From Suprema documentation:
UFS_ERR_CAPTURE_FAILED -212 Capturing is timeout or aborted

I was able to reproduce the same behavior by sliding my finger over scanner sensor once after capturing was started, then after few seconds error is thrown. Normal procedure to scan fingerprint is to place your finger on scanner sensor and wait till capture is complete(if you do it this way error is not thrown).

hello MartynasV,

Thanks for your support.

The issue is happening with the finger still on the device.
As i said before, sometimes the library return a bad object, sometimes an exception.

I can absolutely catch the error and do the relative correction, but it was to know if there is something wrong with our device or not.

To be more clear, i put the finger on the scanner, wait without moving, and sometime the exception is thrown.

Thanks
Fabioz

Postby Fabioz » Jan 29, 2019 16:59

Hello MartynasV,

due to our internal cost analysis, we are actually checking the costs of using our SDK.

We have those questions:

1) to use only the fingerprint sdk, from the website the costs are:
859€ per verifinger 11 extended (we need to use our matching server actually) to "forever" bind a license to a single non virtual desktop pc. On this we could run all the required and buyed neurotechnology modules.

After we have developed our application, we will have a build (exe or a dll) to be installed in our customer machine (that could and most probably will include neurotechnology matching server software) our use case design tell us that the software can run outside of internet in a LAN context. It is possible? It is needed to have internet connection to use the build and the matching server?

Thanks
Fabioz

Postby MartynasV » Jan 30, 2019 15:38

Hello,

To be more clear, i put the finger on the scanner, wait without moving, and sometime the exception is thrown.

Make picture of your scanner's back(where model, serial number, etc. information is listed) and with issue description send to support@neurotechnology.com . Maybe we have not exact same scanner(you might have a little bit newer) and it might cause this issue.

1) to use only the fingerprint sdk, from the website the costs are:
859€ per verifinger 11 extended (we need to use our matching server actually) to "forever" bind a license to a single non virtual desktop pc. On this we could run all the required and buyed neurotechnology modules.

SDK is one time purchase. Licenses like "Finger Extractor" which unlock libraries features are per machine(for Android and iOS per sandbox) and you can order more of them at any time.
Serial number licenses(default option) are locked to machine and work offline.
Prices: https://www.neurotechnology.com/prices-verifinger.html .

After we have developed our application, we will have a build (exe or a dll) to be installed in our customer machine (that could and most probably will include neurotechnology matching server software) our use case design tell us that the software can run outside of internet in a LAN context. It is possible? It is needed to have internet connection to use the build and the matching server?

It is possible, you could use Dongle licensing in LAN(no internet access required).
Licenses are provided in these formats:
  1. Serial numbers;
    Such licenses could not be used on virtual machines and could not be shared over the network.
    If licenses provided as serial numbers needs to be transferred to another computer you need to deactivate the licenses first on the computer where licenses have been activated on.
    The licenses are bound to computer’s hardware.
  2. In dongle (volume license manager);
    License from dongle could be used in couple of ways:
    1. On the same computer where dongle is connected;
      You need to connect the dongle to the computer where you want to use SDK functionality, configure the licensing service to use the dongle and start the licensing service.
      There is no deactivation. If you want to use licenses on another computer, you need to unplug the dongle from the compute1, plug it into computer2, configure the licensing service to use the dongle and start it.
    2. Shared over the network;
      You need to configure the licensing service to share licenses over the network at the same computer where dongle is connected. We call this computer VLM Server. On the computer(s) from which you will be obtaining licenses (we call such computers as VLM Client), you need to configure the licensing service to obtain the license from VLM Server and start the licensing service. Please note that if you will have 1 license and will use 2 computer, only 1 computer will be able to obtain the license. If you want the second computer to obtain the license instead of first, then you need to stop the licensing service in VLM Client that obtained the license, wait 8 hours and then start the licensing service on 2nd VLM Client. There is no deactivation. If you want to change the VLM Server computer, you need to unplug the dongle from the VLM Server1, plug it into VLM Serve2, configure the licensing service to use share the licenses over the network and start it. You will also have to change the configuration of VLM Clients.
    3. Generate licenses from the dongle.
      In such case you need to generate the serial number from the dongle using LicenseManager_API provided with SDK (SDK\Tools, provided with non-trial version of the SDK), then generate the hardware id using this serial number and id_gen.exe provided with SDK (SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\Activation) and use LicenseManager_API to generate the license file. Once the license file is generate the license count in the dongle is reduced. Licenses generated from dongle could not be deactivated using our website. To transfer such licenses to another computer licenses should be deactivated as for “Serial numbers”.
    Dongle is supported on virtual machine. More information about dongle could be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_protection_dongle website.
  3. Internet licenses (provided as license files).
    If licenses are provided as internet license then there is no deactivation. The license should be copied to the computer where customer want to use SDK functionality, configure licensing service and start it. By default, internet license requires internet connection at least every 30 minutes. But the communication interval could be changed up to 7 days.
    Please note, that if you want to transfer internet license to another computer, you need to close the application that is using our SDK functionality, stop the licensing service, wait 12 hours, copy the license to another computer, configure the licensing service and start it.
    Internet licenses are supported on virtual machines.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Fabioz » Jan 30, 2019 16:54

Hello MartynasV,

Sorry, but i'm still not sure about your licensing model.

I will try to ask some specific questions:

1) when i will buy a single SDK license for Verifinger , i will enable:
1a) only my desktop pc, where i will use the license ?
2a) forever ?
3a) there will never be any other costs, as long i will develop on this allowed machine?

2) when i will have developed our application on the computer at 1a , i will create a windows build, that will still need neurotechnology activated dlls / license activation server?
2a) the "activation wizard" is the tool to do 2?
2b) it needs to run on every machine? or it could give licenses to all the lan computers?

3) if 2 is "yes", how i can activate the dlls on the customer machine, in the case there is no internet connection active?
3a) you suggested i will need to use the "VLM" with phisical dongles, in that case?
3b) if 3a is correct, how much will cost for every installation to obtain the single license?
3c) if 3a is correct, i will need a single dongle for each machine where the application developed on 1a is running?

4) if we need the matching server to run on n customers, there are single costs to pay for each installation?

i hope i was more clear this time :)
Thanks for your support
Fabioz

Postby MartynasV » Jan 31, 2019 10:49

Hello,

1) when i will buy a single SDK license for Verifinger , i will enable:

You will become our customer, you will get SDK reference-id(with it you can order additional licenses) and you will receive package of licenses(e.g. Finger Extractor, Finger Matcher, etc.) with SDK purchase.

1a) only my desktop pc, where i will use the license ?

The licenses you receive, you can activate on any machine, but as you receive limited amount of licenses, it limits how many machines you can activate(licenses are per machine).
2a) forever ?

Yes.
3a) there will never be any other costs, as long i will develop on this allowed machine?

There is no periodic cost, you purchase our product and licenses will never expire.

2) when i will have developed our application on the computer at 1a , i will create a windows build, that will still need neurotechnology activated dlls / license activation server?

Yes, you will need to activate required licenses on any machine that will be using(running) our libraries.

2a) the "activation wizard" is the tool to do 2?

You can activate using Activation Wizard application or using id_get.exe(command line tool) with our activation webpage(http://www.neurotechnology.com/cgi-bin/nla.cgi) or using our licensing API "SDK\Tutorials\Licensing"(you can integrate activation/deactivation feature into your application).

2b) it needs to run on every machine? or it could give licenses to all the lan computers?

After activation you could just store .lic (license) files to application's working directory and that is enough.
Note that serial number licenses can't be shared over network, only internet and dongle licenses can be shared.

3) if 2 is "yes", how i can activate the dlls on the customer machine, in the case there is no internet connection active?

You could follow manual license activation procedure:
1. Save your serial number to text file (for example serial.txt) to Activation directory.
2. Start Command line as administrator (right mouse button on "Command Prompt" and select option "Run as Administrator").
3. In command line opened type "CD PATH" (without quotes), where PATH is the full path of activation folder and press Enter.
4. If serial number was saved to serial.txt file then type the following in command line "id_gen.exe serial.txt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. The file neurotechnology.id should be generated if everything is OK. If not, please let me know what is not OK, also provide errors.
6. Use our website http://www.neurotechnology.com/cgi-bin/nla.cgi to upload hardware id that was generated (provide correct e-mail address).
7. Save all received license file to your Activation folder.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for each serial number you want to activate the licenses.
9. Start Activation Wizard, stop and start the licensing service(not necessary to use licensing service(pg.exe) if you store license files to application's working directory).
It should be licensed now.
3a) you suggested i will need to use the "VLM" with phisical dongles, in that case?

Dongle a.k.a. Volume license manager is USB key to which you can add licenses like Finger Extractor, and it doesn't require internet connection to work.

3b) if 3a is correct, how much will cost for every installation to obtain the single license?

Single dongle costs 16€ (shipping not included). Note that dongle is empty(does not contain any licenses).
License prices: https://www.neurotechnology.com/prices-verifinger.html .
3c) if 3a is correct, i will need a single dongle for each machine where the application developed on 1a is running?

Either this way, or plug in single machine, start pg service and share dongle licenses over network(lan or/and internet).

4) if we need the matching server to run on n customers, there are single costs to pay for each installation?

As I mentioned our licenses are per machine, so you will need as many licenses as many machines will be using our libraries.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public